The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Rattling chop cup--help? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
406 Posts

Profile of Jay
Hi--I recently purchased a mini chop cup and the m***** is audible when you move or shake the cup. It is most definitely sealed inside the base so I am pretty sure my options are somewhere between limited and non-existent. Anyone here able to offer a solution? The cup is not really usable as far as I am concerned due to the noise. Thank you, Jay
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, those super cheap Chop Cups, do have that problem of the the magnet coming loose. About the only thing I can think of is use a strong magnet, drag the bottom, and get the one inside where it should be, then use a wood dowel, and tap the inside bottom with a hammer. In other words dent the inside bottom to trap the magnet in place. Or just buy a new, and recycle the old one.

I suggest Ickle Pickles.

http://www.icklepicklemagic.com/store/in......op%20cup
Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
406 Posts

Profile of Jay
Thanks Bill--the cup is actually from a really reputable maker, but I bought it used and so am thinking it was knocked loose earlier in its life from a previous user.

I will try what you suggested--that makes sense and is worth a shot, Thank you, Jay
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Jay, If it from a reputable maker and he is still in business, then contact him for a new cup. Manufacturer defects have always meant they have to replace the item with a non-defective item.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Rattling chop cup--help? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL