The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » See through mystery box types (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Hi all

David Penn has has Released FOB and Mystery Solved - two really fine solutions for a see through box with a folded card inside. Of course, we could also say that Sankey’s Paper Clipped is a fully visible folded card, as we can also say that the folded card in Bull Dog clip is a fully visible folded card. However, I’m interested in a card in a see through box or a cover. I would like to know, if there are any other see through solutions for a folded card. Do you know of any?

Magically yours

Jan
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Hey buddy. David Regal's "clarity box" comes to mind. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3629

Also vision box by Joao Miranda... http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S21871
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
725 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Https://www.google.com/search?q=paragon+3d+jon+allen&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#imgrc=rKb2dOyAXCLrcM:
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Hi Booby and Corpmagi

Thanks a lot, very helpfull. 5 great solutions, it's time to choose and experiment.
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
You will think me biased for suggesting you go for Paragon 3D, as I created it Smile

What I will say is that it is the only clear box on the market where you can view it from any angle. As a performer, this is important as I don't have to worry about someone seeing it form the wrong angle, or wanting to pick it up and look at it.
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
adrianrbf
View Profile
Regular user
Switzerland
115 Posts

Profile of adrianrbf
So there are three boxes recommended here:

* Paragon 3D by Joe Allen
* Vision Box by Joao Miranda
* Clarity Box by David Regal

All three seem to be quality products and get good reviews. As usual, it is difficult to decide which one fits best for me...

I have two main questions:

1) Is it restricted to playing cards or can the box be used with other objects? Which sort of objects? A friend showed me Joao Miranda's vision box, and it looks like one can use it for other objects, but has to decide once and for always which object it will be.

2) How clean do you end? Can the box be handled by the spectator and examined after the trick?
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Hi Adrian,

The decision as to which one suits you will ultimately have to be made by you.

I will answer your two main questions with regards Paragon 3D and if you have some minor ones, I'll be happy to answer them too.

1) You are not limited to just playing cards. You can use banknotes or a piece of paper with a prediction. I worked The Magic Castle and used it for an add-a-number routine.

2. You end 100% clean. Not only can the box be handled by people at the end but it's also the only one that can be handled by people during the routine and looked at from any angle without the method being exposed. In fact, I would always show it from all angles, ask someone what they could see in side it then hand it to someone. That cannot be done with the others. I might not be able to do that for a long while but there you go.

I also have a deal on my website if you by Perfect Score and Paragon 3D as a combo set.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Jon
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Ray J
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1503 Posts

Profile of Ray J
Kozmo from Reel Magic Magazine has a wonderful clear jar with lid that might work for you. It can be used with other objects too. He has some nice routines for it.
Check out his website.

https://kozmomagic.com/product/the-jar/
It's never crowded on the extra mile....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » See through mystery box types (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL