The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BankWave by John Carey (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5491 Posts

Profile of videoman
Nice!!!
That Kaliix is a very clever dude!!!
And I have a hunch an excellent father to boot! 👍🏻

Quote:
On Apr 18, 2019, Kaliix wrote:
I settled on these envelopes that are just a bit bigger than a playing card, have the long flap European design with a nice pre-cut slit to hold the flap closed. That slit holds them securely closed while allowing easy opening without glue.

I decided to try a routine out on my 15 year old daughter. In the envelopes are post-it notes where you lift off two post it notes, draw a 6 on the top one and write six underneath on the bottom. Make four double post-it 6's. Then make four 9's the same way, drawing 9 on the first post-it and writing nine on the second. Every time our intentionally sideways numbers would come out of the envelopes, I'd say mine was a 9 and her's was a 6. She was soooo, how do you know it's a six, you should put a line on the bottom, you should make it more clear, getting just a little more annoyed each time because I told her it was destiny that I always get the higher number. When I revealed the second post-it underneath had actual number written, she lost her ever loving mind and ranted for a good couple of minutes. I couldn't stop laughing. Don't know how this will play in the real world outside of family, but it was worth it just for that epic rant.
AJ MAJIC
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of AJ MAJIC
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2019, Kaliix wrote:
I settled on these envelopes that are just a bit bigger than a playing card, have the long flap European design with a nice pre-cut slit to hold the flap closed. That slit holds them securely closed while allowing easy opening without glue.

I decided to try a routine out on my 15 year old daughter. In the envelopes are post-it notes where you lift off two post it notes, draw a 6 on the top one and write six underneath on the bottom. Make four double post-it 6's. Then make four 9's the same way, drawing 9 on the first post-it and writing nine on the second. Every time our intentionally sideways numbers would come out of the envelopes, I'd say mine was a 9 and her's was a 6. She was soooo, how do you know it's a six, you should put a line on the bottom, you should make it more clear, getting just a little more annoyed each time because I told her it was destiny that I always get the higher number. When I revealed the second post-it underneath had actual number written, she lost her ever loving mind and ranted for a good couple of minutes. I couldn't stop laughing. Don't know how this will play in the real world outside of family, but it was worth it just for that epic rant.

I order these envelopes and it took about 2 weeks to get. From China.
They're great, just expect to wait awhile.

How about this reveal on 8 business cards, ( after talking about being able to influence another's decision etc...)
......You've-just- been- influenced.........by-a-Master-Magician Smile

I like the idea and convenience of using just cards without envelopes sometimes too.
StevenScott
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of StevenScott
Not trying to anger anyone but I don't like the final "choice" in this routine. I don't think it is anywhere near as deceptive as some think it is. Otherwise I love the routine. This is the solution I worked out for the final choice and it works amazingly well for me. I tell the spectator that they have made all the choices so far but now its my turn. I wave my hand over the last 2 envelopes to get a vibe. My right hand picks up the envelope I want them to have and I extend it toward them. My left hand picks up my envelope and keeps it near me. I then smile and say "I will give you one chance to change my decision. You can keep this envelope or you can switch it for mine. Maybe I'm trying a little reverse psychology. What do you want to do, keep the envelope I chose for you or switch it with mine." If they choose to keep it I lay it in front of them. If they choose to switch it I switch them and give them the one I held back for myself. I remind them that they made ALL of the choices. It works 100 percent of the time. How do I accomplish this? In Bob Cassidy's Pricipia Mentalia book on page 14 there is an effect called extra sensory switch. It is also in the Barrie Richardsons book "Subtleties boldness and misdirection" where he calls the technique "everyone is a winner. Barrie said it is one of the most deceptive sleights he has ever seen and still fools him and his eyes even though he knows how it works. This technique is beautiful for this particular effect. In the above cited routines these 2 giants of mentalism thought highly enough of the technique to use it 3 to 5 times in a row right in front of the spectators face. Its that good! I always felt that it could be overused in that regard. However, using it once at the end of this routine in an almost offbeat and humorous manor works beautifully. Because the other selections are so fair and above board this technique really catches your spectator off guard. For those who fear slight of hand... it's easy and can be learned with 15 minutes of repetitive practice. Just wanted to share what works well for me. I'm sure most people in this room are already well familiar with this technique.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of dyoung
I agree with you... I don't think the final choice is deceptive at all. Well 50% of the time it feels sort of ok, and the other not so much. So you might as well just do it as per the original Bannon handling. Or even just say: "I'll play nice on this one" and have them make a genuine choice, ask them if they wanna change their mind or whatever. 50% of the time you will win anyway. And 50% of the time they will get the money, and then you remind them that you said you would "play nice", so you let them have that last one (as a consolation prize or whatever).

All the best,
Dan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BankWave by John Carey (26 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL