The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Impressive LED candle (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Guy builds a super realistic LED candle, with smoke, smell, and blows out.
https://youtu.be/Y96owyGh2Pw
Bob
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of Station10
That is pretty cool, the best led candle I've seen.
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

"To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield!"
~ Alfred Tennyson
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
It's a fascinating project, but at what point is it just simpler to use an actual candle? ;-)
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
As more and more venues ban the use of open flames, the use of LED may be the only alternative.
Bob
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
I admire this mans perserverance in his quest. not to re invent the wheel. but to replicate the elements of an actual candle.

I thought his end product was amazing.

Intrepids assessment may be right.

Kotah
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
If a venue bans the use of open flames, you won't be able to light a match either. How are you going to simulate that, I wonder?
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Philemon, point well taken. I still admire the effort and thought he put into the initial effort.

The attempt itself surely merits that much.

At least for me, it does.

If the candle were already burning, it would be assumed it had been lit by match or lighter. Extinguishing it in a realistic manner, only seems to verify the assumption.

Not an argument, just apples and oranges. and my individual take on things.

Kotah
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2019, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:
If a venue bans the use of open flames, you won't be able to light a match either. How are you going to simulate that, I wonder?

The same way Teller does in his cigarette routine, or start with the candle already lit.
But honestly, I'm not expecting anyone to actually put the effort in to duplication the LED candle. Mostly, I was just impressed with how well he pulled it off.
But....if some one did want to make a commercial run, and added an on/off toe switch, now that could made for some nice seance drama with the "flame" going out at the right moment in the show.
Bob
Mad0hatter
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Mad0hatter
I'd be pretty surprised if lighting a match would count as an open flame by most definitions. A quick google and lazy read of open flame ban finds little mention of the use of any fire starter focusing mainly on the regulation of "open flame decorations" and Sterno like things.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'm pretty sure a match would qualify as an open flame......
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Impressive LED candle (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL