The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » 3Fly (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nat
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Nat
Looking for half dollar 3 Fly with magnetic coins ...anything out there? Thanks.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8506 Posts

Profile of funsway
I think we need more information to assist here.

There are many ways of doing 3Fly or any coins across with a magnetic gaff such as the TUC.

or, do you mean that all the coins must be magnetic or shimmed to stick to a magnet?

Different techniques for all three approaches. Three magnetic coins would be difficult to handle predictably.

Since 3Fly can be done with no gaffs, what different result are you trying for by using a gaff, especially one with magnetic properties?

Maybe this should be moved to Secret Sessions.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Nat
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Nat
Thank you — will do.

quote]On Mar 15, 2019, funsway wrote:
I think we need more information to assist here.

There are many ways of doing 3Fly or any coins across with a magnetic gaff such as the TUC.

or, do you mean that all the coins must be magnetic or shimmed to stick to a magnet?

Different techniques for all three approaches. Three magnetic coins would be difficult to handle predictably.

Since 3Fly can be done with no gaffs, what different result are you trying for by using a gaff, especially one with magnetic properties?

Maybe this should be moved to Secret Sessions. [/quote]
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26943 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
A Café member created Phlye Coins which manages that objective. The demo video is online. If you like it say hi to Chaistain Criswell.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
NEKKODDD
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of NEKKODDD
Jamie Schoolcraft makes all kinds of coins effects
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5287 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Go Fly With Me by Mark Mason has some of what you suggst.

Jim
Nat
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Nat
Thanks!
Poor dini
View Profile
New user
Lancaster
59 Posts

Profile of Poor dini
A flipper and shell combo with 1 extra normal coin; joe mogar has a wonderful version with magnetic coins, and a triple split coin can be used very cleanly and beautifully
iamoneamongeleven
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of iamoneamongeleven
While 3 fly can be done without gimmicks- if we have the opportunity to utilize a gimmick that the audience will never know is there to make out magic cleaner, then why not.. Right?

With that being said- I’ve owned so so many 3 fly routines over the years- but have stuck with “Superfly” made by Jamie Schoolcraft as my daily driver.

It checks the “magnetic” box on your list. It’s gimmicked, but still a neat tightly packed routine. Simple.
dj
View Profile
Special user
789 Posts

Profile of dj
Here is an old video.
A very nice three fly routine:
https://youtu.be/xa6K2dFlnFE
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8424 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Man dj, I have often wondered what happened to this young lady...She was quite exceptional. I loved all her work, she really was quite prodigy when she first came on the scene here, many years back now. I hope she is still doing some magic, as she was as good anyone IMHO. Smile

And iamone, you're right, 3 Fly doesn't necessitate gimmicks, Kenner's original take is still just as good as anything. And even the goal of using gaffs is to still make it appear that they are all regular coins. That said, there are many gaffed versions of the trick that are quite good, and nowadays Ive seen some TSC's 3 Flys hat are quite good, the Vegas Dream Coins is a good, affordable, very doable example. Doesn't use half dollars, but is at least
50 cents better with the dollar coins. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8424 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2019, dj wrote:
Here is an old video.

Wound up watching this a few more times, just so magical to experience and think about. Smile Ella is quite wonderful to watch, and I have to say that not many can do coin magic any better than her...she is just elegant and amazing to see perform. If you wonder how good coin magic (or any magic) is done so effectively, just watch her and learn. Smile I wonder if she is still even doing magic? One can only hope so for magic's sake.
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Nat
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Nat
Thanks everyone for your fine comments and suggestions - very much appreciated!
Nat

quote]On Jun 28, 2019, Mb217 wrote:
Quote:
Here is an old video.

Wound up watching this a few more times, just so magical to experience and think about. Smile Ella is quite wonderful to watch, and I have to say that not many can do coin magic any better than her...she is just elegant and amazing to see perform. If you wonder how good coin magic (or any magic) is done so effectively, just watch her and learn. Smile I wonder if she is still even doing magic? One can only hope so for magic's sake. [/quote]
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2879 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Dang. I remember when I first saw Ella perform way back when. I recall because I decided to give up coin magic cause I'd never be that good.
I j
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
880 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2019, Mb217 wrote:
Quote:
Here is an old video.

Wound up watching this a few more times, just so magical to experience and think about. Smile Ella is quite wonderful to watch, and I have to say that not many can do coin magic any better than her...she is just elegant and amazing to see perform. If you wonder how good coin magic (or any magic) is done so effectively, just watch her and learn. Smile I wonder if she is still even doing magic? One can only hope so for magic's sake.

I did the same. just fun to watch and be mesmorized! 👍👍👍
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8506 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have always been bothered by all the hand touching and repositioning of the coins.

So, I developed a method in which the hands NEVER touch at all, and the hands are shown flat and clean at every phase.

Yes, it is published. No, I will not post a video. Anyone interested can contact me eversway.com
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4740 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea No touch --- Been there done that ! Smile All my 3 fly stuff will be in vol. 2 .
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » 3Fly (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL