The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Carnie Box - From the creator of the Kn0wing G@me and Witch Hazel (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2019, Sir wrote:
Love effects like this. When you give the spectators a choice, it’s always a fun time.

You are so correct! Choice makes the difference when it comes to FUN. Cremation or burial? That's why all FUNerals begin with FUN. And it's not just my opinion, 8 out of 10 cadavers agree.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Could someone post or pm me a link please? I can't seem to find it at all. Thanks in advance.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Found it - ebay app was refusing to find it, but came up with google search. Sadly unable to purchase as it says not shipped to UK! Smile
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Just recieved mine (got the red skull box on pic set 2 middle standing up-love it !! ), fantastic lil box with a lot inside with well done instructions that get right to the bone of using ! Imo its a great pocket carry round with lots of entertainment possibilities & fun !

Nice work Steve & to all involved in this lil pocket performance piece !
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
395 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
Received mine as well. Most excellent all around.
Thanks Steve!
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2019, Merlinsmagic wrote:
Just recieved mine (got the red skull box on pic set 2 middle standing up-love it !! ), fantastic lil box with a lot inside with well done instructions that get right to the bone of using ! Imo its a great pocket carry round with lots of entertainment possibilities & fun !

Nice work Steve & to all involved in this lil pocket performance piece !

Got mine also. Love it, but not going to carry it in my pocket. Most people probably don't realize what effort is put into just finding the stuff. The picture don't do it justice. Well done! Thanks for offering this.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Only 10 left for sale, and then poof! Steve vanishes for another couple of years.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Gaunt
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Gaunt
Received mine in the mail today. Very nice.
Thank you Steve.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
46 sold; only 1 left.

I guess 3 were sold outside of ebay.

Who is going to get the last one?
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
cbusch55
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of cbusch55
Last one is officially sold on EBay. To me.
RandyScott
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of RandyScott
A quick update from Steve on the Carnie Box...

As a thank you to the community, Steve is offering a free PDF titled "The Spinning Pendulum." It's a new technique of using any string pendulum that you may find interesting.

You can contact Steve at:

Magiclife8228@gmail.com
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Thanks for the offer.
RandyScott
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of RandyScott
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2019, RandyScott wrote:
A quick update from Steve on the Carnie Box...

As a thank you to the community, Steve is offering a free PDF titled "The Spinning Pendulum." It's a new technique of using any string pendulum that you may find interesting.

You can contact Steve at:

Magiclife8228@gmail.com

My apologies....

The correct e-mail is:

magic.life8228@gmail.com
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Sorry to break up the fun here...and it is fun...but I finely had an opportunity to explore this exquisite set of props and have to share the love.

Mr. Peebles has hit another home run. Albeit a small home run (everything fits in a small matchbox...not the larger "strike on anything" boxes), which still succeeds big time in making a huge impression. As tiny as this kit is, Steve put as much caring and love into it as his now legendary "The K**ing Game." Every detail has been thought out with great attention to researching the right and accurate props, aging them correctly if, and as needed, and then adding his own personal touches with his annotations that completely brand the prop as his. This is a small detail, but a huge advantage.

Unless he has mastered some incredible handwriting duplicating machine, I am assuming Steve handwrites (actually prints) on all of these props, which must take a long time, with a lot of missteps along the way. And if so, well, the results are worth it. For me, the hand printing makes this prop a killer. His unique style of printing is that of the "every person," which makes using these materials so easy and organic...smeared, aged, innocently penciled printed messages...so perfect. And so uniquely his. Even our most cherished bizarre magic creators haven't yet achieved this comfort level of hand-written reveals.

Aside from me fawning over the graphic design details, Steve has again shown us how taking the proper amount of time to research and collect the right elements from the past, will yield great returns in the future. His instructions are relatively brief, but informative. Yet the number of effects that can be performed with this miniature illusion show is very impressive. Seasoned Bizarre Magicians will have a field day with these props and discover countless possibilities from a seemingly limited set of resources.

For me, opening up this delightful tiny offering was like opening up my first magic set. I imagined so many big tricks, and then saw a lot of small pieces and parts and feeling a bit let down. Upon further examination, I discovered an unending amount of awe and amazement.

Thank you Mr. Peebles
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Gorgeous
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Gorgeous
If anyone wants to sell theirs, let me know.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Here's an idea: Give away a worry doll to your volunteer to use in the traditional manner when s/he gets home

They're cheap as chips on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003WS......_o02_s00
Mad0hatter
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Mad0hatter
I got mine yesterday and I'm very pleased with it and my interactions with the creator. Very prompt responses when I messaged them about an issue with the address I provided. As for the item it's one of those great things that you totally could have come up with it yourself, but you didn't
DrIlluminatus
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of DrIlluminatus
Top notch effect! LOVE IT!
Damian1031
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Damian1031
Everything Steve does is phenomenal
DrIlluminatus
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of DrIlluminatus
Just dusted this off from a long break from Magic (new baby). Great piece of strange! Will make peoples jaws drop... Thanks Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Carnie Box - From the creator of the Kn0wing G@me and Witch Hazel (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL