The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Z-Fold Wallet Routines (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
Just picked up a z-fold wallet for the first time. I get the jest of it, but curious if anyone could point me to a few routines. It is a business card size wallet.
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
1596 Posts

Profile of Ross W
I have one too. I picked it up at a convention aeons ago, along with a book of routines by Wayne Dobson. Every now and then I take it out and play with it, but none of the routines suits me. IMO there's far too much heat on the wallet itself. So - can't help you Corey, but I'll be watching this thread!
Author
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2828 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
There are plenty of uses for the Z-fold
There is an awesome effect called Legacy on Vanishing Inc.'s website. Check out the demo.

Also where you need to do a switch. I use my Z fold specifically for Moser's Miracle Monte.
This can also be seen on Vanishing Inc. as well. No I'm not affiliated, I just use these two effects regularly and the Z-Fold.

Harry Lorayne has a book out specifically on the Himber Wallet, which can be adapted to the smaller wallets.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Chamberlain
View Profile
Elite user
462 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
Bendix Bombshell by John Mendoza from his dvd set (he uses a bendix bombshell wallet however you can do it with a z fold wallet) that's a killer 2 card transpo/card to wallet routine. John Luka does a version of the mendoza routine with a z fold wallet in his Uncovered DVD
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2019, Ross W wrote:
I have one too. I picked it up at a convention aeons ago, along with a book of routines by Wayne Dobson. Every now and then I take it out and play with it, but none of the routines suits me. IMO there's far too much heat on the wallet itself. So - can't help you Corey, but I'll be watching this thread!

I can definitely see why there would be too much heat on the wallet. I really like this wallet. It is the latest from Quiver and is really well made. And since it is a Business card wallet, it feels more natural than a regular z-wallet for playing cards. That was actually the main selling point for me, it will be used primarily as a business card wallet that maybe I can do something with. Just trying to find something that will work well since it did not come with any routines. The demo video only shows a torn and restored business card routine. I was thinking it might make a decent production or "printing" effect if I put some blanks in it.
JordanB
View Profile
Special user
dallas, tx
646 Posts

Profile of JordanB
I don't remember all the details, but I bought one at the time. Tom Frank has a really nice routine with the Z-Fold wallet.
peppermeat2000
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of peppermeat2000
I use a z-fold when performing,"Stand-Up Monte" (Garrett Thomas). If you practice presentation and creating entertainment with a routine, it seems to help take the heat off what we as magicians would consider a funky, magic store, prop.

I was advised by a magician (who was a very skilled technician, but NEVER performed for the public) that using the z-fold for stand-up monte would be a mistake...audiences would be suspicious of the wallet from the get go.

I do not regret using the z-fold mostly because I have never adopted the run without being chased paranoia perspective. if you are entertaining people the last thing they should be doing is cross examining your props. Stand up monte is a go to effect I always perform when hired to do a show. It gets great reactions. Regardless of how you decide to switch the cards in and out of play, get this trick!
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1508 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Wayne Dobson put out a booklet called Z-6, it has 6 routines for use with a z-fold wallet. I do not have it so I can not say if it is worth purchasing.
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
I use a z-wallet with Dan Harlan's "Hold it Buster" in the close-up version.
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
2986 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
You don't want to turn the z-fold wallet into the equivalent of a kid show change bag. It's NOT supposed to be able to do "magic" or you've lost the reason for its use. Kid show change bag- you put in a red silk and it changes to green. Don't do anything like this with a z-fold wallet. If you put in a dollar bill, it doesn't change to a hand written check, although it COULD. A dollar bill goes in and a dollar bill comes out, just as with any ordinary wallet. What they can't tell is that the serial number of the bill is now different, but it's not a visible change. If you're looking to do "magic" with it, you got it for the wrong reason. It should APPEAR to do absolutely NOTHING, otherwise you might just as well do the TRICK with a Clown Change Bag.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Z-Fold Wallet Routines (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL