The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Amazing poker cheat master! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

elliott_6388
View Profile
New user
South Korea
20 Posts

Profile of elliott_6388
Just thought I'd share this. Its my favourite footage of Ricky Jay. What are your thoughts on these techniques? Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTgwAqcKm_s&t=27s
diamondjack
View Profile
New user
orlando,fl
58 Posts

Profile of diamondjack
Is this routine published anywhere?
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2368 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Ricky Jay wa a very clever performer and his routines were entertaining and baffling to watch. One of his biggest attributes was he involved his audiences in his demonstrations, which made it even more baffling and fun to watch.

Compare a Ricky Jay performance with someone who someone who just demonstrates a card move. When RJ demonstrates a move, it is fun and entertaining, so you enjoy being fooled all the more.

Ricky Jay will be missed. RIP
elliott_6388
View Profile
New user
South Korea
20 Posts

Profile of elliott_6388
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2019, diamondjack wrote:
Is this routine published anywhere?

I doubt very much, and tbh I hope not. Ricky did not publish routines or tricks anyway. Also worth noting a lot of his "routines" were fluid and ever developing and changing.
The move where he does a one handed card flick onto the guys seat as he stood up to rake in the chips..... Just masterful!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15746 Posts

Profile of tommy
It is published in Ricky Jay's Big Book of Magic.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Octarine Prince
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Octarine Prince
Ricky Jay was intelligent, talented, hard-working, and from what I have heard, a decent person. RIP.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3340 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Great video, such a entertaining guy. Wish it were higher resolution but hey....
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
rogerlapin
View Profile
New user
Hampshire, UK
3 Posts

Profile of rogerlapin
This is really good, more of the kind of thing I want to get into. After a wedding or party session, just sitting down at a table and hitting them hard.

I do Luke Jermays 10 card poker deal, its so simple and so fair but just fools people do badly.

Roger

https://www.rogerlapin.co.uk/
A Hampshire Magician based in the New Forest UK, Available to hire for Weddings Parties & Corporate Events.
Also available to hire in Dorset | Surrey & London
Kimura
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of Kimura
Lol did your parents really name you roger rabbit
rjs
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of rjs
This is not Mexican poker. He has to secretly switch in the Royal Flush. He has plenty of opportunity.
Getting the others players to make decisions on their own hands provides ample cover.
Also as he leans over and offers them a different card, his own dealt packet is obscured and can be secretly switched.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15746 Posts

Profile of tommy
As Ricky Jay might have said, "I'm just not interested in the gratuitous exposure of this kind of material at all."
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1662 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2019, rjs wrote:
This is not Mexican poker. He has to secretly switch in the Royal Flush. He has plenty of opportunity.
Getting the others players to make decisions on their own hands provides ample cover.
Also as he leans over and offers them a different card, his own dealt packet is obscured and can be secretly switched.

Incorrect.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
holdingoutflat
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of holdingoutflat
Don't want to say too much but many people know the author and the routine (moreso the book and author though). Ricky Jay just executes it at an artistic level that is hard to compare to. It is brilliant.

And also, this video is one of my favorite things in cards. He is an absolute genius.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Amazing poker cheat master! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL