The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A few questions on Pre Thoughts by Banachek (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
1. Does anyone sell the modified business card holder from the alphabet game and/or does anyone know where I can buy a cheap business card holder and make one myself?

2. On the add a number effect, has anyone ever had someone, of the three number giving people, quickly add the numbers in their head, and tell that the total isn't right?

I totally trsut Banachek on this one, but I gotta be very sure, or maybe I missed something when I read it.

Thanks for any and all help,

Nathan Pain

P.S. for anyone who doesn't have this, it is well worth the ten dollars!
ThomasBerger
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of ThomasBerger
"On the add a number effect, has anyone ever had someone, of the three number giving people, quickly add the numbers in their head, and tell that the total isn't right? "

I have performed over 75 gigs for Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharmaceuticals.

Their clients are doctors--and I have had doctors that are NOT ABLE TO ADD 3 NUMBERS CORRECTLY!
Forget the plebs.

This is a non-existant problem.

Tom

One more point regarding the business card folder--
You are predicting a 1 in 26 event.

You don't want to end at this point, the add-a number prediction is far more impossible, probability wise.

So for a 1 in 26 event, I would recommend and normal notepad/business card +swami without the holder to get the job done.

Then build up to the finale.

My opinion.
Tom
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
Should not be a problem. I usually hold the pad for them as they write covering the first number after it is written. Also when you go back to them, hold he cards so your fingers cover the bottom number as you flash it to the first person to verify their numbers, cover the top when you go to the others. Never hold it for a long period of time for people to add up.

Hope that helps without going into more detail.

It is all blocking. Learn where your problems might be and work around them. You should do this in every effect you perform. This is one example. If you are afraid they might add them up, the answer is simple, don't let them see it long enough to do so, or cover part of it.

Again, hope it helps, you have more questions or need more details, email me privately.
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I think I got what I need! Thank you both of you! Unless someone has a line on that business card holder!

Nathan Pain
MichaelSibbernsen
View Profile
Special user
Omaha, NE
513 Posts

Profile of MichaelSibbernsen
Nathan,

Check your local Wilson's Leather store for business card wallets. Also, I have a special "PW-ing Wallet" that could certainly be modified and used somewhat as described. It would have a few "side benefits" I could describe via PM. If anyone else is interested in one, let me know.

Regarding the add-a-no in Pre-Thoughts; this is one of the two best methods I have seen. You really can't go wrong. The other "best" is John Riggs's handling as seen on the Secret Writings DVD.

Michael
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
As Michael said, Wilson's has them. Not sure where you live but any office supply should have them. Usually Office depot, office Max Staples here in the U.S. have them. I quite making them due to time it takes. But certainly they work well to hold numerous b... W......s. Any business card holder would work and they do not have to be leather if you want something thinner.

Here you can order something with your own name or company put upon it:

http://www.giftsforprofessionals.com/sma......ers.html

Good luck
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
The Kovari pad is worth getting. It does all the work for you. You don't even need to touch or go near the pad. Im not sure where you get them these days Ive had mine for at least ten years and it still works..
ThomasBerger
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of ThomasBerger
Shrink-do you mean the Kozar Pad?
I swear by mine too, love it.
I use it for something other than numbers.

It's deadly.
Tom
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
Re: Pre Thoughts.'Future Card Thought', looks a great effect.
Can't wait to practise it !
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Smoking Camel
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1039 Posts

Profile of Smoking Camel
I don't have the booklet but heard there is an awesome, risky chair prediction inside???
I no longer smoke camel cigarettes.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
I have my take on it (A Penny For Your Thoughts) which has less need for outs placed "here and there", if you know what I mean.

But, speaking about Banachek's take... RISKY???

I don't seem to remember it to be risky at all...
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Smoking Camel
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1039 Posts

Profile of Smoking Camel
Lord of the horses, where is your take on it?

Okay not risky but I remember saying it was quite bold?.
I no longer smoke camel cigarettes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A few questions on Pre Thoughts by Banachek (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL