The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Looking for the name of a move (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AceOfShades
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of AceOfShades
Hello,

I am compiling a document detailing an assortment of similar/related moves, describing and illustrating them as well as citing any references I can find to them in literature. The moves are one-card passes and/or reverses, from and to pretty much anywhere in the deck. Unfortunately, some of these moves still elude me in published work. I was hoping that I could show one of the moves here to see if anyone recognizes it and can point me to where it has been published, assuming it has been published before (a safe assumption I should think). I go into much more detail in text about how the move works but I feel like the illustrations, while a tad crude, should be sufficient to serve as explanation enough of the move I am seeking. I can however explain more here if they are not clear enough.

This particular move is the first I came up with, leading me down the path to find many others, such as Ken Krenzel's Invisible Reverse Transfer. I would really appreciate it if anyone could provide assistance with identifying a source for it. I did not see anything on the Conjuring Archive that matched the description so I am at a loss on citations at the moment.

An illustration can be found here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EkkGif......nVp0NJ3Q
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Aaron Fisher's Gravity Half Pass will get it done
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
This is Throwing It In Reverse by Randy Wakeman.
-Special Effects pg.15
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Keep us posted on your document. Sounds interesting.
dendrake
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of dendrake
AceOfShades
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of AceOfShades
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2019, magicfish wrote:
This is Throwing It In Reverse...

Thanks! I grabbed a copy and will check it out when it arrives.

Quote:
On Apr 5, 2019, magicfish wrote:
Keep us posted on your document. Sounds interesting.

It's gonna be a while before I have something presentable, on account of a busy schedule and time required digging up old magic books and illustrating things and whatnot. But I intend to share this when I have something I am satisfied with, so yeah I plan on it.

Quote:
On Apr 5, 2019, dendrake wrote:
...Maybe of some help.

I actually needed a source for this move as well, and this led me to several instances of other moves in print so yeah it definitely is useful. Cheers!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Looking for the name of a move (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL