The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Best way to change small silks to 1 36" silk (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rgnprof
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of rgnprof
I don't do a lot of magic with silks, but am working on a routine to end my kids show...I plan to produce numerous small, 9" or 12" silks and I want an easy way to change them in to a 36" "The End" silk.

I was thinking of a rip apart change bag - Penguin has a 12" x 9" one...just not sure if that will work??

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
ryan
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
2979 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Forget the bag prop - use it for something else. The small silks to 36" silk is a simple Blendo sleight. I recommend you buy one of David Ginn's Santa Claus Blendos (they will soon be all sold out and then no more available) and let David teach you how to perform it with simple sleight of hand moves. Then you can go back to your own silks and "The End" silk for the rest of the year, but you'll be glad you got Santa when you had the chance. https://www.ginnmagic.org/product/happy-santa-blendo/
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21775 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I would suggest a Massal Tube.

I would have suggested the Rice Silk King Studios Pocket "Dye tube", but I think they are all sold out. This gimmick and Rice's "Thru The Dye Tube" booklet, would accomplish your idea very well.

Send an email to Ruth and see if she has any left.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
rgnprof
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of rgnprof
Thank you guys! Funny thing is that in between posting and reading your responses, I had started re-reading a couple of David Ginn books! Think I've figured out how I want to proceed...

ryan
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1605 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Read the Blendo chapter in "Encyclopedia of Silk Magic Vol III".
Less than 2% of reported UFO's turn out to be actual interplanetary vehicles.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20510 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Devil's Hank and Crystal Silk Cylinder are my favorites.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com http://www.magicbysander.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Best way to change small silks to 1 36" silk (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.49 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL