The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ 'Down the Rabbit Hole' by Reese Goodley (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dr Ross
View Profile
Regular user
Lincoln, UK
103 Posts

Profile of Dr Ross
Hi everyone,

Thought I'd inform about a new effect by Reese Goodley that I found out about yesterday on Facebook. This is the third in a series of effects that Reese is releasing through 13 Souls Productions; the first two being 'Pocket Pal' and 'In the Name of Bob'.

This new, third release is entitled 'Down the Rabbit Hole' and, to me, sounds awesome! Having seen Reese's excellent thinking on propless mentalism in 'Navigator' (which I have performed a lot with great results), I was immediately intrigued by this new effect, and decided to order it right away. I'm really looking forward it!!

For more info, I have pasted the ad copy that Reese put out on Facebook yesterday:

"Vol 3

Down the Rabbit Hole - Reese Goodley

Many years ago, the idea of plucking a long word from a participantís mind seemed like a pipe dream. Then came ďThe Mother of All Book TestsĒ - undoubtedly one of the cleverest resources to achieve that desired result with little compromise. An insanely creative idea from an incredibly creative performer.

Imagine for a few seconds being able to perform that effect... with no book! The participant thinks of a long and interesting word and you can divine it in under one minute. The participant never writes anything down, they do not choose their word from a list - they create the word in their own mind and without any suspicious fishing you tell them what it is. More importantly there is no heavy mental acrobatics for the participant. This is that clever it can even be done over the phone!

The 13 Souls are proud to present Reese Goodleyís linguistic system to achieving this.

This is ďDown the Rabbit HoleĒ.

A limited edition booklet containing a prop-less system created by one of mentalismís underground stars - With complimentary video content of performances and extra subtleties to compliment the booklet!

Peter Turner adds a bonus routine and a failsafe take on this incredible plot in this booklet and whilst itís cliche to say - he said he wished he had created it.

Thereís only 100 booklets available and all orders will be posted directly from the printers this coming Wednesday. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR ADDRESS IN THE NOTES.

To order yours - the price is 50 Gbp / 65Usd / 58Eur

Price includes free shipping worldwide! Click the link and get yours now"

Here is the link to make the payment - PayPal.me/The13souls. If the link doesn't work, then you can send payment to peterturnermind@hotmail.co.uk via Paypal.

Have a great weekend everyone!

- Ross
"If you want to be taken seriously, always check your fly" - Corey Taylor (of Slipknot/Stone Sour)
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2424 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Sounds interesting but will wait for reviews
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1282 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Hey guys,

Just a quick heads up - if you purchase this PayPal will likely send you an email telling you itís a digital product - ignore this itís very much a physical item we had to list it on there as a digital item because PayPal was trying to force us to use their postal estimating service (which is terrible) and we have our own collection / postal man now. Just thought Iíd give everyone a heads up.

About the effect, Iím so happy we got to host this one!

Pete x
Consultthemind1
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Consultthemind1
I thought this might be of interest to the group. Reese just put a performance online, itís fresh to see nothing cut out and a performer actually airing their material. Refreshing.

https://vimeo.com/326851019/a8dc15044e

David.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1532 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
From the video this looks really good!
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1064 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Here's what scarier.

It's the same word I thought of. Now that's good.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2093 Posts

Profile of NeilS
When I watched the beginning of the film, I thought (for some reason) of the word biscuit.

It would be interesting to know if that word could also have been successfully divined.

It was, though, a very impressive demonstration.

Neil
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of mindguru
The video is impressive, but at the same time, I believe that some people might notice a significant statement. I feel that by asking about a letter placement and receiving a response, this helps lead to limited options.

Maybe Iím overthinking or maybe not.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1737 Posts

Profile of David Numen
It might just be me but I feel "telephone" is an unlikely word for a young person to think of these days. In the UK I would think it might be "phone" or "mobile" and in the states "cellphone" but I think very few young people would seek out "telephone" as a word. If this IS a genuine free choice and that's what she thought of independently then it makes the divination more impressive.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2093 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Purely out of interest, I asked my wife which word she would use - she said mobile and phone would be her most likely choice. Definitely not cellphone.

As with effects of this nature it would be interesting to know just how much memory work is involved.

Neil
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3294 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Iím not sure that phone would meet the criteria of ďa long and interesting wordĒ at least 6 or 7 letters. I am not familiar with the method but I would suspect that Mobile would be captured by this.

Mark
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
prankmonster
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of prankmonster
This is really interesting. Do I have to be a memory genius for this?

Quote:
On Apr 3, 2019, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Here's what scarier.

It's the same word I thought of. Now that's good.

Are you from the U.K?
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2019, mindguru wrote:
The video is impressive, but at the same time, I believe that some people might notice a significant statement. I feel that by asking about a letter placement and receiving a response, this helps lead to limited options.

True, and the he asks for the actual 3rd letter.

She says "L"...

So he guesses telephone,

Meh... Not so impressive.

It's a bit like, if I exxagerate the process: "think of a short word... Ok, does it begin with a C ? / No... / So what letter does it begin with ? / D... / Ok, so you are thinking of Dog !"
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1532 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Just an idea for those worried about asking for the letter...some may think it's overkill but hey...

Think I once saw a sw**i built into a Sharpie once, you can tell the spec to think of the third letter....pretend to write it down...say something like "keep on repeating it like N,N,N" if that doesn't hit (which they won't know about) ask them to reveal the letter, sw**i it onto your pad and reveal that what you wrote was correct
Consultthemind1
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Consultthemind1
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2019, doriancaudal wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2019, mindguru wrote:

True, and the he asks for the actual 3rd letter.

She says "L"...

So he guesses telephone,

Meh... Not so impressive.

It's a bit like, if I exxagerate the process: "think of a short word... Ok, does it begin with a C ? / No... / So what letter does it begin with ? / D... / Ok, so you are thinking of Dog !"

Iím thinking of a 6 or 7 letter word beginning with D - tell me what it is? If you can guess correct il be honest but Iíll bet youíll be wrong. The logic in your post makes no sense as it undermines one of the greatest principles (in my opinion) in mentalism - the principle used in mother of all booktests. Youíre essentially saying (if Iíve got this right) that a layperson wouldnít be impressed with mother of all book tests (as it uses a similar method) and Iíve killed with that for well over a decade - and in the mother of all book tests you have to ask for the first letter! At least the third letter is more inconspicuous. Iím not saying for a second saying this release will be good (or bad) I donít usually pick up prop-less Mentalism but it was its tie (in the ad copy) to mother of all booktests that pushed me. If it helps that routine or gives me food for thought at the price itís worth it. You can from the demo make judgements of the performance but letís reserve judgment on the effect till we see it in full detail.

David.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:

Youíre essentially saying (if Iíve got this right) that a layperson wouldnít be impressed with mother of all book tests (as it uses a similar method) and Iíve killed with that for well over a decade - and in the mother of all book tests you have to ask for the first letter!

David.

I also perform the MOABT a LOT. And asking for the first letter is not a problem, as you can justify the potential miss, and asking for the actual letter flies by the spectator. I never said that a layperson wouldn't be impressed by the MOABT, never, because everything is justified.

But here this is different. From what I saw in the video clip, it seems really akward.
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1282 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2019, David Numen wrote:
It might just be me but I feel "telephone" is an unlikely word for a young person to think of these days. In the UK I would think it might be "phone" or "mobile" and in the states "cellphone" but I think very few young people would seek out "telephone" as a word. If this IS a genuine free choice and that's what she thought of independently then it makes the divination more impressive.

Itís a free choice Smile - when you understand the method (thereís nothing missing from the video) it shows you how clever this is. Reese aired the full video, think of how many creators would have cut that miss out? Or aired a best case scenario - Multiple times he hit that 3rd letter with me (when he showed me it) and if heíd hit and aired that everyone would be biting his hands off to get one, but Reese is honest and fair and said he wants to market things the way he feels is non-misleading so he left that in Smile

You donít need to be a memory expert, itís accessible for everyone Reese will be the first to tell you he likes simple and straight forward.

Perform for a group or close up - your choice. I canít confirm or deny language restrictions, in my head it should work.

Pete x
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1282 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
Quote:

Youíre essentially saying (if Iíve got this right) that a layperson wouldnít be impressed with mother of all book tests (as it uses a similar method) and Iíve killed with that for well over a decade - and in the mother of all book tests you have to ask for the first letter!

David.

I also perform the MOABT a LOT. And asking for the first letter is not a problem, as you can justify the potential miss, and asking for the actual letter flies by the spectator. I never said that a layperson wouldn't be impressed by the MOABT, never, because everything is justified.

But here this is different. From what I saw in the video clip, it seems really akward.

There are multiple dodges in the book provided for gaining the third letter (which you need) - This is the quickest and most direct way. I have a dodge (not in this booklet) for mother of all booktests where I hit the first letter every time Smile you could use that in this too I reckon.

Pete x
prankmonster
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of prankmonster
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2019, Consultthemind1 wrote:

Iím thinking of a 6 or 7 letter word beginning with D - tell me what it is?

David.

Dermatologist.

Quote:

May I ask for more specifics about what exactly seemed awkward to you? Is it the letter being wrong? Or the way questions are asked or presented?
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2093 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Has anyone who has got this be prepared to give a review?

I am sure many would be interested.

Thanks

Neil
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ 'Down the Rabbit Hole' by Reese Goodley (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL