The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Light It Up (3 versions) By Sansminds (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1867 Posts

Profile of Titanas
This was a hit (or should I say a heat) at the Blackpool Magic Convention.
The lighter screams quality and the effect is amazing. I love the fact that the lighter works as a real lighter.
These will fly off the shelf immediately!


More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/search.aspx?f=219


Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
Does anyone have a review?
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1584 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
I have to say that most (if not all) of their Pro Series stuff are really good!!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18311 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Does look kinda good...I could see me using this at a house-party in the garden and a small group ritual kinda thing...

or someone passing a marshmallow pierced onto a wiregram over it and suddenly it lights up...

only half kidding...
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18311 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Serious question...does it turn itself off?
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2337 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Looks good but will wait tell reviews. Don’t care if I miss the first round of pre-orders.
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of academy
Is this an April Fool's special? Smile
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Oh man! I forgot. Is this April fools? It says sold out on penguin and it’s not even on the sansmind site!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4230 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2019, academy wrote:
Is this an April Fool's special? Smile


What would make you think that?
If so, it would be one of the worst ever.

Hope it’s real because I may use it with this: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S26659

But not sure I want to spend that much dough on it.
But their Pro Series has been really well made for the most part.
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------eXtrementalism------------ ..........IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND..........
1246 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Only 10 seconds delay is much too fast!!!

Why didn't they make a much slower timer so you can have a much cleaner presentation? It would be amazing if you had more time delay after you have to touch the lighter? Again that would really improve the performance options a lot.

I wish they had set the timer functions to 10 seconds and 30 seconds (or even better a minute!), only 10 seconds max after touching the lighter is MUCH too fast!! Especially if you would like to do a psychic demonstration of even in the spectators hands. Maybe a minute delay would make it a dangerous device (it already is), and for a serious mentalist a minute or more would give him the time needed to create so much more drama. Ask people to concentrate, holding hands in a row around the table with the lighter and all concentrate and after a few minutes the lighter will light itself... that would be great.


I like the idea of a good looking self-lighting lighter but the fast timer option is a big disappointment and makes it a no-go for me...


Smile


Hopefully they change it in the next batch!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18311 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Ten seconds is aaaages!

Go stare at your seconds hand on a clock..
trickyat86
View Profile
Loyal user
Pittsburgh, PA
255 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Watched the Demo video, and my only question is, can this also be lit like a normal lighter?
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
212 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2019, Dr. Eamon wrote:
Only 10 seconds delay is much too fast!!!

Why didn't they make a much slower timer so you can have a much cleaner presentation? It would be amazing if you had more time delay after you have to touch the lighter? Again that would really improve the performance options a lot.

I wish they had set the timer functions to 10 seconds and 30 seconds (or even better a minute!), only 10 seconds max after touching the lighter is MUCH too fast!! Especially if you would like to do a psychic demonstration of even in the spectators hands. Maybe a minute delay would make it a dangerous device (it already is), and for a serious mentalist a minute or more would give him the time needed to create so much more drama. Ask people to concentrate, holding hands in a row around the table with the lighter and all concentrate and after a few minutes the lighter will light itself... that would be great.


I like the idea of a good looking self-lighting lighter but the fast timer option is a big disappointment and makes it a no-go for me...


Smile


Hopefully they change it in the next batch!


Couldn’t agree more
drumdemon420
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of drumdemon420
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2019, trickyat86 wrote:
Watched the Demo video, and my only question is, can this also be lit like a normal lighter?


I'm curious about this as well.

Also, how long can you leave it lit? Zippos can get pretty hot if you just let them burn. Is there a risk of frying the internals if you let it go too long?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4230 Posts

Profile of videoman
Ad copy says it cannot overheat and Titanus said it can work as regular lighter.
10 seconds is probably fine for magicians but I agree that it would be nice to have a longer delay for mentalists and mystery performers .
More versatility would be nice, especially at this price point.
snm
View Profile
Elite user
421 Posts

Profile of snm
I would also like a longer delay option.

Also needs to be able to be used as a regular lighter.

Does it turn itself off? Can the flame go out on it's own?
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7568 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2019, Dr. Eamon wrote:
Only 10 seconds delay is much too fast!!!

Why didn't they make a much slower timer so you can have a much cleaner presentation? It would be amazing if you had more time delay after you have to touch the lighter? Again that would really improve the performance options a lot.

I wish they had set the timer functions to 10 seconds and 30 seconds (or even better a minute!), only 10 seconds max after touching the lighter is MUCH too fast!! Especially if you would like to do a psychic demonstration of even in the spectators hands. Maybe a minute delay would make it a dangerous device (it already is), and for a serious mentalist a minute or more would give him the time needed to create so much more drama. Ask people to concentrate, holding hands in a row around the table with the lighter and all concentrate and after a few minutes the lighter will light itself... that would be great.


I like the idea of a good looking self-lighting lighter but the fast timer option is a big disappointment and makes it a no-go for me...


Smile


Hopefully they change it in the next batch!


A few minutes. Are you kidding? #sleeping audience.
Smile
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1756 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2019, academy wrote:
Is this an April Fool's special? Smile


If Titanas has posted about it could well be

Strange that it was hit of the convention yet the only person that thinks this is Titanas

Not one other person or review show has mentioned this ?
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1756 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2019, videoman wrote:
Ad copy says it cannot overheat and Titanus said it can work as regular lighter.
10 seconds is probably fine for magicians but I agree that it would be nice to have a longer delay for mentalists and mystery performers .
More versatility would be nice, especially at this price point.


It is well known fact that Titanas is just a post and go

Most of the time he has not even seen the product he is pitching

So best to wait for the reviews especially as it’s Sandsmind
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4230 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2019, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2019, videoman wrote:
Ad copy says it cannot overheat and Titanus said it can work as regular lighter.
10 seconds is probably fine for magicians but I agree that it would be nice to have a longer delay for mentalists and mystery performers .
More versatility would be nice, especially at this price point.


It is well known fact that Titanas is just a post and go

Most of the time he has not even seen the product he is pitching

So best to wait for the reviews especially as it’s Sandsmind


JackMagic, it has been well-established that you are not a fan of Titanus. We get it.
Now it is just boring.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Light It Up (3 versions) By Sansminds (22 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL