The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Light It Up (3 versions) By Sansminds (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
sOnrisemagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of sOnrisemagic
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2019, academy wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2019, MagicBrent wrote:
I preordered April 3 and the site says my order is still being processed. They havenít returned my email query and with the recent negative reviews, I donít have the excitement I once did. Iím familiar with their reputation for other releases but I hadnít heard issues with customer service.

You are all familiar with their reputation and you keep buying... Unbelievable.

Itís definitely a risk, but even with the negative feedback and lack of customer support, a lot of their products are great utility devices.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1757 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2019, academy wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2019, MagicBrent wrote:
I preordered April 3 and the site says my order is still being processed. They havenít returned my email query and with the recent negative reviews, I donít have the excitement I once did. Iím familiar with their reputation for other releases but I hadnít heard issues with customer service.

You are all familiar with their reputation and you keep buying... Unbelievable.

Some people never learn !

Easily taken by Titanas and his sales pitch, Time and time again
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
425 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
Jack,
Why do you ONLY post about Titanas? Do you not have a life outside of him?

Mpitcher
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3285 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2019, M Pitcher wrote:
Jack,
Why do you ONLY post about Titanas? Do you not have a life outside of him?

Mpitcher

Who is Titanas?
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2990 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Yeah, I don't get the Titanas bashing. Seems like a nice guy who gets discussions going about new effects, which is kind of the point of Latest and Greatest. Sure, he's getting paid by Murphy's, but so what. I'm sure that some of us would love to have that job.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
leosx1
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of leosx1
I have been testing my Light it up over several days now, had none of the a/m issues with it, very happy with my purchase.
Sanks
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Sanks
Disappointed with this purchase. Bought it from Saturn Matgic, item seems to have been pre owned, ignition was already burnt and broken and had to be replaced for item to work. I had paid for a brand new one but dissapointed I seem to have recieved a damaged pre owned item.

Seems to be poorly made as mentioned by others and does not resmeble the item shown in the instruction video.

Dissapointing considering the price.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1757 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2019, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Yeah, I don't get the Titanas bashing. Seems like a nice guy who gets discussions going about new effects, which is kind of the point of Latest and Greatest. Sure, he's getting paid by Murphy's, but so what. I'm sure that some of us would love to have that job.

So to answer your question

Quote:
On Apr 1, 2019, Titanas wrote:
This was a hit (or should I say a heat) at the Blackpool Magic Convention.

The lighter screams quality and the effect is amazing. I love the fact that the lighter works as a real lighter.

These will fly off the shelf immediately!

Best regards,
Titanas

Two week earlier

Titanas wrote "This was the hit of Blackpool 2019.
This feels and looks so good.
I love it!!!" hmmmm [/quote]

Titanas has a Very Selective Memory

Half the time I get the impression he has never even seen the item he is pitching
as never answers any questions after his first pitch

As for his comment

The lighter screams quality and the effect is amazing. I love the fact that the lighter works as a real lighter.

Hardly lives up to his hype

quote]On Apr 20, 2019, jeffgiraldo wrote:
I had to return the lighter the first time because the on/off switch fell right off the first time I tried to switch it on. I returned it. I just received the second lighter in the mail, hoping that it would work because I am excited about this effect. However, when I went to switch it on, the same exact thing happened, the on/off switch just fell off like butter. I have countless effects that require turning them on and off and that have electronic subtleties. I know how to handle magic products. I am returning this product and just going to get a refund. What is the point of rolling the dice three times? [/quote]

Or

Quote:
On Apr 27, 2019, Sanks wrote:
Disappointed with this purchase. Bought it from Saturn Matgic, item seems to have been pre owned, ignition was already burnt and broken and had to be replaced for item to work. I had paid for a brand new one but dissapointed I seem to have recieved a damaged pre owned item.

Seems to be poorly made as mentioned by others and does not resmeble the item shown in the instruction video.

Dissapointing considering the price.

Yes I know he works for Murphyís but they must have 1000 of items so instead of just pitching the items that every dealers and his mother has sent emails about why not make an effort and tell us about some hidden Gems that must exist

And letís face it Sansminds hardly has the best reputation for posting Honest Videos
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1891 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Jackmagic,
Despite the fact that you never miss a chance to bash me, I will still reply to you.
A big convention like the Blackpool convention it doesnít only have one hit.
Regarding that you feel that sometimes I havenít seen the items, I ll tell you that whenever I post something and itís just the ad copy then more than likely
I havenít seen the item which is why I donít offer an opinion, they are just announcements and you seem like the only person that doesnít get it.
For the items I offer an opinion - I have personal experience with them.
Also as a small advice, people might value your opinion more if you didnít always make it so personal about me.

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1361 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2019, Titanas wrote:
Jackmagic,
Despite the fact that you never miss a chance to bash me, I will still reply to you.
Regarding that you feel that sometimes I havenít seen the items, I ll tell you that whenever I post something and itís just the ad copy then more than likely
I havenít seen the item which is why I donít offer an opinion, they are just announcements and you seem like the only person that doesnít get it.
Also as a small advice, people might value your opinion more if you didnít always make it so personal about me.

Best regards,
Titanas

That's education.
10S Star Sign Divination AVAILABLE WITH FREE EBOOK !
PM
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
425 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2019, Titanas wrote:
Jackmagic,

Best regards,
Titanas

Class act.
Jbond207
View Profile
New user
Mount Vernon, IN
24 Posts

Profile of Jbond207
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2019, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
^ yup. Soak the material. There was no hole in mine either (both the original and replacement).

Thanks. I finally decided that must be the case, At first I thought something was missing but The good folks at Vanishing Inc. confirmed that the one in the instructional video is more of a prototype and that the ones sent out did not have the pad.
Jbond207
View Profile
New user
Mount Vernon, IN
24 Posts

Profile of Jbond207
By the way, I have been practice with mine off and on the past few days and have had no problems with it. Works great. I had to work through the timing and how hard to press but after some practice I think Iíve got it down! I am very pleased with it. Now I just need to develop a routine with it. IMO, I donít think presenting it as a stand alone ďwatch me make this lighter liteĒ is the best use of this item. But I do think it has many excellent possibilities.
Consultthemind1
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of Consultthemind1
Is it true that the ones sold at Blackpool are higher quality and different to the ones sent out post Blackpool? A friend of mine purchased one of these after seeing it at Blackpool and being impressed with the quality and when he received his it was glued together and shoddily designed and to top it off the lighter didnít work. Has anyone else had this type of experience? Iím interested in making a purchase but donít want to purchase an inferior product to the original.

David.
Whippet
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Whippet
Quote:
On May 5, 2019, Consultthemind1 wrote:
Is it true that the ones sold at Blackpool are higher quality and different to the ones sent out post Blackpool? A friend of mine purchased one of these after seeing it at Blackpool and being impressed with the quality and when he received his it was glued together and shoddily designed and to top it off the lighter didnít work. Has anyone else had this type of experience? Iím interested in making a purchase but donít want to purchase an inferior product to the original.

David.

I am waiting for my third lighter to arrive (had to return 2 because of problems similar to the ones described in this discussion.) Will try to let you know how it goes. I like the effect and its potential for use -- that's why I persist -- but it has to be 3 strikes and I'm out.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2170 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I am still at a loss on how to even contact Sansmind. There is no phone number. I've tried twitter and three emails for a PREORDER. I was gonna try Will Tsai on this but I don't believe he's on here a lot. Any ideas?
William Draven
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
465 Posts

Profile of William Draven
Sans Mind is a scam company who has crappy customer service that doesnít answer support emails nor do they ship items that are paid for with good, hard earned money.

On Friday April 26 I ordered the Red Light it Up from Sans Mind directly, because my local magic shop refuses to buy from them.

I received email confirmation my order was received. I did not receive shipping confirmation or tracking.

The following Tuesday I sent them an email asking for the tracking confirmation. No reply.

Over the next week I would send another email with no reply.

On April 30 Sans Mind took the monies spent ($211 with tax and shipping) confirmed purchase with my bank. No shipping confirmation.

It is now May the 9th as of this post, and no product. Have sent multiple emails and none of them got replies. And no return.

I have spoken, since, to a few people who have experienced working for them or ordering from them and not getting product.

The product may be the best in the word, but itís not worth it. Sans Mind is a piece of crap company.

Do NOT do business with them. Their products are crap, donít believe me? Go read most of my reviews. Iíve been ripping them a new arse for years. But now I have confirmation that the people who run the company are the bloody inspiration for birth control themselves.

Youíve been warned. Purchase at your own risk. And Iím not above ďI told you soĒ.
Consultthemind1
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of Consultthemind1
Quote:
On May 9, 2019, Whippet wrote:
Quote:
On May 5, 2019, Consultthemind1 wrote:

David.

I am waiting for my third lighter to arrive (had to return 2 because of problems similar to the ones described in this discussion.) Will try to let you know how it goes. I like the effect and its potential for use -- that's why I persist -- but it has to be 3 strikes and I'm out.

My friend ended up getting a refund, he had two with the same issue. Itís not good when magic companies feel they can do this, itís unacceptable and contacting them is near impossible Iíve heard. Luckily my friend went through a vendor.

David.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2170 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Glad but sorry too to see Iím not alone. Itís too bad. Looking forward to this too. Iím gonna give it another day or so and if no one here can help me reach them or give me contact info, Iíll go to bank. Not sure of other course of action.
Whippet
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Whippet
My third one arrived and, surprise, no problems, works fine. Unfortunately, it seems to be hit or miss with Light It Up. I only purchase through well-established on-line magic "stores" and have never hand a return or refund problem. I have never purchased from the makers of the products.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Light It Up (3 versions) By Sansminds (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL