The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Light It Up (3 versions) By Sansminds (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1757 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2019, dmoriarty1 wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2019, drumdemon420 wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2019, videoman wrote:

The other thing is that in the tutorial they mentioned how to replace the heating element but NO mention was made as where to get these, when they would be available, or at what cost.

I think I just dodged a bullet. That sounds very shady. For now it's going to be a hard pass for me.

The first thing I questioned after seeing the trailer was the refills. I searched for them, but couldn't find one listing. Now that I know it's not even covered in the video, this has become less appealing. I was hoping to replace my old, cheesy (yet reliable and entertaining) self-lighting candle in my Halloween and Christmas shows (I use a Dickens Ghosts of Christmas story line) with a more modern prop, but until more reviews come out, I'll hold off.

Thanks to all who shared!

D.

Hey Titanas still think this was a hit of the convention?

Very useful (NOT) if you can’t buy refills even from the creator
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1891 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2019, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The other thing is that in the tutorial they mentioned how to replace the heating element but NO mention was made as where to get these, when they would be available, or at what cost.

I think I just dodged a bullet. That sounds very shady. For now it's going to be a hard pass for me.

The first thing I questioned after seeing the trailer was the refills. I searched for them, but couldn't find one listing. Now that I know it's not even covered in the video, this has become less appealing. I was hoping to replace my old, cheesy (yet reliable and entertaining) self-lighting candle in my Halloween and Christmas shows (I use a Dickens Ghosts of Christmas story line) with a more modern prop, but until more reviews come out, I'll hold off.

D.

Of course it was a hit of the convention.
Refills are here:
https://murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=64261

Just ask your favorite dealer.

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4330 Posts

Profile of videoman
Happy to see refills are now available. 5 bucks a pop seems like a good price, at least less than I anticipated.
It really all depends on how long they last.

Better stock up as I doubt these will be available in 3 to 5 years or possibly less. Although I suspect they may not have been manufactured exclusively for this prop so hopefully they can be sourced elsewhere at an even better price.

Still think they should have at least mentioned that refills would be available soon in the video and ad copy.
Why cause yourself unnecessary grief?
Constantly amazes me how many times magic creators and manufacturers shoot themselves in the foot by doing things that are easily avoidable.
Rooster
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Rooster
I’ve used this at two events since it arrived a few days ago and I love it!

As mentioned in a previous comment getting used to button positioning and making sure you’ve hit it ok can be a little tricky, but with a little practice is now second nature (and I mean very little practice).
The charge hold is great, after quite a lot of use at the events and generally showing people/practicing I’ve still not had to recharge.
It’s great to now see that the refills are available, and a great price for them!
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2349 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I got this and so far working with it I like this a lot. Works as advertised . Seems to be really well made. Time will tell. Yes it does take some practice to hit the button but not to hard. I have not had s chance to perform this live yet but will soon. I plan on a routine with this and lit.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2170 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I have one on the way. How long will it last before refills are necessary would you say?
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2349 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Not sure myself. It says should last long time with normal use.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18485 Posts

Profile of IAIN
You can buy the coils via the usual online magic shops now...
Rooster
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Rooster
I did a little review if anyone’s interested

https://youtu.be/quhCbhHe87E
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2170 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Great review Rooster! Makes me excited for my purchase. Still waiting by the mailbox Smile
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2619 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I like It ! For a great presentation I would blow out a match & then the lighter ignites in the spectators hand !
Rooster
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Rooster
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2019, MagicBrent wrote:
Great review Rooster! Makes me excited for my purchase. Still waiting by the mailbox Smile

Thanks fella!
Magic Factory Berlin
View Profile
New user
Berlin - Germany
2 Posts

Profile of Magic Factory Berlin
Do anyone have experience how to replace the wick? I could't see a way to replace it because it looks like it is glued in. If it is not possible to replace it, the thing is useless.
anton.magician
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of anton.magician
My friend bought me and himself the light up at blackpool! Both lighter have the same problem! They do not light after 5-6 time of using plus if you walk all day after load with fuel the lighter it do not want to light.
When I open the fluid part the wick was just 1/3 of all lighter, this is not good at all! Also the with very tight thus the fuel can't rise to it! I believe this made not from original zippo so this is and work like nor original zippo.
To change the wick very tricky! You need to have a long nose pliers with a long end, tweezers and perhaps super glue to make the part of the with strong. Also I reccomend you to increas the hole for the wich for about 0.5mm more with a drill.
I've change the wick for original now it's loght till the end of it! And the ligher work perfect without any load of fuel for about few dayes of carrying it in my bag.
If you have some problems PM me I'll let you know or perhaps will make a video soom ! Because I need to change the wick in the ligher of my friend too.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1757 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2019, Titanas wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2019, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

D.

Of course it was a hit of the convention.
Refills are here:
https://murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=64261

Just ask your favorite dealer.

Best regards,
Titanas

Good To Know Pitty it took you 9 days to answer that question !
gassaox
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of gassaox
I goina use the virtual reality app with the zippo lighter on it ,place the zippo lighted in a spectators hands ,show the app lighter on my phone and light it .
As I light it the zippo lighter in their hands will light the same time ,just the basics of a routine
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2170 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Nice one Gassaox! Good idea.
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
677 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Was tempted after watching Roosters review, went to look at the price, Crikey! Over £100 for the cheapest option. Pass.
Mad0hatter
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Mad0hatter
There's a lot of talk about refills, the video trailer makes it look like it's just a simple replacement of pre-wound heating wire like in any vape pin, is this not the case? Also I'd much prefer an adjustable timer you could set via the usb cable, 10 seconds is way too short for some of us.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2349 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
10 seconds is way too short for some of us. !!!!!! That’s what she said!!!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Light It Up (3 versions) By Sansminds (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL