The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Light It Up (3 versions) By Sansminds (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2349 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2019, gassaox wrote:
I goina use the virtual reality app with the zippo lighter on it ,place the zippo lighted in a spectators hands ,show the app lighter on my phone and light it .
As I light it the zippo lighter in their hands will light the same time ,just the basics of a routine
. Great thinking. Just did.
gassaox
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2019, MR Effecto wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2019, gassaox wrote:
I goina use the virtual reality app with the zippo lighter on it ,place the zippo lighted in a spectators hands ,show the app lighter on my phone and light it .
As I light it the zippo lighter in their hands will light the same time ,just the basics of a routine
. Great thinking. Just did.

Brill hope you got some good reactions 👍🏻
Rooster
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Rooster
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2019, MazingMandy wrote:
Was tempted after watching Roosters review, went to look at the price, Crikey! Over £100 for the cheapest option. Pass.

Obviously what things are worth are subjective. But if you need a self igniting lighter then it does it’s job (and has already paid for itself with my uses for it).
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
677 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
I can think of some nice touches to existing routines with one, but they are not worth £100 +
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
Hi all,
Just wanted to let you know that the Maroon version is LIMITED to only 250 units and will NEVER be made again. So if maroon is what fits your style, don't wait to pick one up because once they're gone - they're gone.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4681 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2019, MurphysNEW wrote:
Hi all,
Just wanted to let you know that the Maroon version is LIMITED to only 250 units and will NEVER be made again. So if maroon is what fits your style, don't wait to pick one up because once they're gone - they're gone.

I'm guessing there is a lot more of these left due to the huge price increase when the classic color does the exact same thing. Hence the announcement over limited limited units.
Rooster
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Rooster
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2019, MazingMandy wrote:
I can think of some nice touches to existing routines with one, but they are not worth £100 +

Well at least you know what it’s worth for you Smile
gassaox
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Should of made them where you could have changed the colour of the sleeves they sit in and buy the covers seperate to the lighter then you had a choice of which colour you want to use
dmoriarty1
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2019, Rooster wrote:
I did a little review if anyone’s interested

https://youtu.be/quhCbhHe87E

Rooster,

Thank you so much. Excellent review! My next concern would be about the refills. I assumes they didn't last long if they're selling them as a 3-pack, but if you say one is good for 150-200 ignitions, then this would be something to consider. Thank you again!

D.
Rooster
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Rooster
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2019, dmoriarty1 wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2019, Rooster wrote:
I did a little review if anyone’s interested

https://youtu.be/quhCbhHe87E

Rooster,

Thank you so much. Excellent review! My next concern would be about the refills. I assumes they didn't last long if they're selling them as a 3-pack, but if you say one is good for 150-200 ignitions, then this would be something to consider. Thank you again!

D.

You’re most welcome! Yes, it will also depend a little on how long you keep the flame burning as well, as the longer you keep it on the more strain it will put on the element. With my presentation it is only on for a couple of seconds. If you were to light it on a table to produce something with flash paper etc. It could wear out slightly faster. Also the other day I saw the element not burning as hard and thought “oh maybe I now need to replace it” but nope just needed a recharge 😂
jeffgiraldo
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of jeffgiraldo
There is a disparity between the bottom of my lighter and the lighter on the online video. The part to add the fluid on the video says there is a hole and there is no packing material. On my lighter there is no hole and there is packing material. I am not versed with using lighters. Anyone's lighter show up like this and if so, do I just apply the lighter fluid to the packing material?
Rooster
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Rooster
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2019, jeffgiraldo wrote:
There is a disparity between the bottom of my lighter and the lighter on the online video. The part to add the fluid on the video says there is a hole and there is no packing material. On my lighter there is no hole and there is packing material. I am not versed with using lighters. Anyone's lighter show up like this and if so, do I just apply the lighter fluid to the packing material?

Pick a corner of the packing and apply a small amount of fuel at a time(don’t worry about the hole). Remember it doesn’t take a lot to fill it and it’ll over flow quite quickly (not a problem though).
paranormal
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of paranormal
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2019, Titanas wrote:

Hey Titanas still think this was a hit of the convention?

Very useful (NOT) if you can’t buy refills even from the creator

Of course it was a hit of the convention.
Refills are here:
https://murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=64261

Just ask your favorite dealer.

Best regards,
Titanas [/quote]

Wait a minute. two weeks ago ctc project was the hit of the convention.Titanas wrote "This was the hit of Blackpool 2019.
This feels and looks so good.
I love it!!!" hmmmm
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3362 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Picked up my lighter on Friday and have experimented with it a lot over the weekend. So far works great and can get many ignitions from one fuel re-fill. When first using this be sure to give some time for the wick to soak up the fuel. At first after filling it was not igniting consistently but letting it sit for awhile it then worked 100% of the time. Battery was fully charged out of the box and still going strong. Igniter looks to be pretty durable but will order a back up set to have on hand.

Looking at the wick area the igniter is not obvious and I don't think would be noticed by a spectator if they looked. As already noted the lighter itself is a knock off Zippo... looks real and is the same size as a real Zippo lighter insert. The lid does not have the same "snap" as a real Zippo (Zippo users will know what I mean). However, overall very satisfied with this so far.

John
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Just got one yesterday too from the local magic shop.

It's a really nice quality piece. The tech is impressive. Unfortunately, the way to activate it, however, is next to impossible for me. It is simply not working. Out of 100 attempts, only one time did I maybe get it to activate.
And I am squeezing the heck out of the "button" too. I've tried all manner of presses...still nothing.

I realize that the "button" does not have a tactile feel to know you are activating it...I'm okay with that design element as it helps to make it spec proof. I'm also okay with having to give it a good push so a spec can't figure it out....But even with sore thumbs and heavy, unnatural, presses of the button, it is not working for me.

When removing the lighter from the case, and testing it, it's fine. It does work (albeit the timing of the pushes vs delay is slightly off). So it isn't the tech that is the problem. It's the secret "button" on the case that's the issue.

I'm going to return it for a replacement but if the second unit has the same issue, unfortunately, I will need to get a refund on it. There is just no practical way this can be done reliably otherwise. A shame because it really is a neat device.

Anyone else having similar issues?
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3362 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Not having that issue Pendleton. It did take a lttle time to get comfortable with the right spot to depress other than that it is working consistently. I do have an idea I may try that may make it easier if you want to PM me feel free.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4330 Posts

Profile of videoman
I’ve only played with it briefly but didn’t experience quite as bad a time as Pendleton, but I do wish it had a way of the performer knowing that it had been activated.
I fear that I’m never really going to feel confident doing it. Depending on your presentation you could really be left with egg on your face.

I’ll practice more but as I said before I don’t feel that pushing a button should require a lot of practice.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Sounds like I may have a faulty case...or at least one that is not as conducive to activating. Will return mine for a replacement.

Thanks JM for offering some ideas around it. I think I have a pretty good idea of what it might be but for an item that costs $130+, I really don't think I should have to modify this. Should work out of the box. I do appreciate you offering assistance though. And glad to hear yours is fine and not a struggle to activate like on my device. Makes me hopeful that a replacement will do the trick.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2019, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
Just got one yesterday too from the local magic shop.

It's a really nice quality piece. The tech is impressive. Unfortunately, the way to activate it, however, is next to impossible for me. It is simply not working. Out of 100 attempts, only one time did I maybe get it to activate.
And I am squeezing the heck out of the "button" too. I've tried all manner of presses...still nothing.

It worked one out of 100 times for you and it's a "nice quality piece"?
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2019, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2019, Titanas wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2019, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2019, dmoriarty1 wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2019, drumdemon420 wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2019, videoman wrote:

The other thing is that in the tutorial they mentioned how to replace the heating element but NO mention was made as where to get these, when they would be available, or at what cost.

I think I just dodged a bullet. That sounds very shady. For now it's going to be a hard pass for me.

The first thing I questioned after seeing the trailer was the refills. I searched for them, but couldn't find one listing. Now that I know it's not even covered in the video, this has become less appealing. I was hoping to replace my old, cheesy (yet reliable and entertaining) self-lighting candle in my Halloween and Christmas shows (I use a Dickens Ghosts of Christmas story line) with a more modern prop, but until more reviews come out, I'll hold off.

Thanks to all who shared!

D.

Hey Titanas still think this was a hit of the convention?

Very useful (NOT) if you can’t buy refills even from the creator

Of course it was a hit of the convention.
Refills are here:
https://murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=64261

Just ask your favorite dealer.

Best regards,
Titanas

Good To Know Pitty it took you 9 days to answer that question !

Yeah, Titanas, how dare you not be sitting at your screen, speculating about refills. How rude of you to wait until you had a definitive answer. Shame on you, sir.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Light It Up (3 versions) By Sansminds (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL