The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Lior Suchard (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
I don't think it is wise to use money as a pure yardstick for talent or genius.

I am a huge fan of both of these guys. Many of the best in the business were not necessarily full time pros...

Bob Cassidy is one example - and Larry Becker was full time in advertising and mentalism was a sideline.

I like Lior a lot and deeply respect his many accomplishment - and Derren too.

Both of these guys have made mentalism more popular and we all benefit. I hope they both work and make as much $$$ as they want, but more importantly I wish them happiness.

I thought that when Bob gave up his profession as a lawyer, he was a full time performer? Larry was financially well off before he entered the world of mentalism.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Mark Timon
View Profile
Special user
596 Posts

Profile of Mark Timon
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2019, innercirclewannabe wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
I don't think it is wise to use money as a pure yardstick for talent or genius.

I am a huge fan of both of these guys. Many of the best in the business were not necessarily full time pros...

Bob Cassidy is one example - and Larry Becker was full time in advertising and mentalism was a sideline.

I like Lior a lot and deeply respect his many accomplishment - and Derren too.

Both of these guys have made mentalism more popular and we all benefit. I hope they both work and make as much $$$ as they want, but more importantly I wish them happiness.

I thought that when Bob gave up his profession as a lawyer, he was a full time performer? Larry was financially well off before he entered the world of mentalism.

About Bob Cassidy:

https://www.stevensmagic.com/2017/bob-ca......n-award/
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Things are not always as they appear. Many of the "big names' in magic mentalism were/are not full-time performers or artists or as successful as many seem to think. Deception is a very common thing in the magic community.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2019, Mindpro wrote:
Deception is a very common thing in the magic community.

Never! 😀
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Joe S.
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, CA
270 Posts

Profile of Joe S.
I saw Lior perform at a large event in Chicago last year. He was doing a full 70-90 minute performance for a large audience (2,500+).

It's important to state that this wasn't an audience of magicians or mentalists. Lior's show was sponsored by one of the companies at a technology trade show. The audience were clients and prospective customers of this company, plus anyone who had visited their exhibit that week and received a ticket. This was a REAL-WORLD corporate environment. Lior brought his own technicians, a few off-stage crew, and had clearly rehearsed with the camera crew (the entire rear of the stage was a gigantic screen). He was extremely well prepared.

I don't remember everything he did, but I remember that he OWNED that stage. He was high-energy, likable, funny, and maintained control the entire time. The audience was very fooled and very impressed. I didn't see anyone walk out (which can be common when it's been a very long day at a convention), and he got big rounds of applause at the end.

Something important to note: He mentioned the company multiple times throughout. He was sure to thank the CEO by name, and he had one routine that was themed specifically around their flagship product. I can only imagine that the client was thrilled.

After the show, he stayed to shake hands and take pictures with anyone who wanted to meet him. People left feeling good about Lior, and feeling good about the company that hosted the event.

He's not everyone's cup of tea, but the dude's a PRO.
Shadow Art
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Shadow Art
I heard that on russian speaking market Lior was not so successful.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
While I have no idea if that is true, just because someone is a good or dynamic performer in no way makes them a good speaker. There seems to be a common misperception that if you are a performer or athlete you can easily be a great speaker. Simply not true. Speaking while on the surface appears quite similar there are many different dynamics and elements st play.
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of nimrod
Quote:
On May 2, 2019, Shadow Art wrote:

Lior is my friend. We collaborate from time to time and share clients here in Israel. Lior OWNS the Russian market. He is by far the most successful mentalist there earning two more zeros than number two on that list, so check your intel.
You guys are confusing between mentalists' mentalists and real world mentalists. If you learn only from the firsts you'll stay in that category. Put your top 10 mentalists in front of love audience of 1000 and they will do fine. But "fine" is not enough. If you are not sensational you wont be re-hired at those venues and with those fares.
There's is a whole world of mentalism I believe you are not aware of. See Manor's lectures on penguin if you won't a glimpse into it.
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of nimrod
Quote:
On May 28, 2019, nimrod wrote:
Quote:
On May 2, 2019, Shadow Art wrote:

Lior is my friend. We collaborate from time to time and share clients here in Israel. Lior OWNS the Russian market. He is by far the most successful mentalist there earning two more zeros than number two on that list, so check your intel.
You guys are confusing between mentalists' mentalists and real world mentalists. If you learn only from the firsts you'll stay in that category. Put your top 10 mentalists in front of love audience of 1000 and they will do fine. But "fine" is not enough. If you are not sensational you wont be re-hired at those venues and with those fares.
There's is a whole world of mentalism I believe you are not aware of. See Manor's lectures on penguin if you won't a glimpse into it.

Sorry for the spelling mistakes. lousy autocorrect on my cellphone.
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
Nimrod
You need to change to iPhone or take some English
lessons like what I never did -:) Smile Smile
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Lior Suchard (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL