The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Pet Psychics? Oh puleeeze! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
My wife INSISTED that I watch the show, so I capitulated, and sat down to see a half hour or more of Sanja, (SP) the "pet psychic on the Animal Planet channel, as she proceeded to become the embodiement of Dr Doolittle, and revealed the inner most secrets, desires, and intimate thoughts of our little furry friends. Her reportoire included anything "that creepeth upon the earth". Dogs, cats, rabbits, horses, birds, and even crocodiles!

The nice part of me, the part that believes that their is more to animals than meets the eye, wanted to believe that she was really doing this, but the magician side of me, the side that HATES to be duped, said NO WAY! She is using the same techniques that John Edwards employs to dupe the gullible. And I'm not swallowing.

Any body here have an opinion they would like to share on the subject? Perhaps even some well substantiated facts on Sanjia! (SP)
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27114 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Great image there. Brought me back to disturbing image from Dr. Doolittle movie where Rex Harrison is singing to a seal in a dress about the woes of the world.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
He was a fictional character. This lady, on the other hand, claims to be the genuine article. And people (I believe) PAY her good bucks to talk to Fido.

Yes, even after Rover has crossed over the vail, she just needs a photo of him, and she is instantly "in contact"
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3222 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
She’s a total fake! All the animals she uses are stooges! Smile

It is amazing what some people will believe.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
She makes John Edward look legit. Maybe she could pull an Uri Gellar and do some "dog bending".
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1046 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
I can't believe that people actually fall for this b/s. I guess it shows how gullible a lot of people are.
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
So, if you read reptiles, amphibians, and fish, it must be cold reading for sure...

Yours,

Paul
Jason Wethington
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, Fl
615 Posts

Profile of Jason Wethington
Yes, yes, I can see it now..."Princess" is it? You have many brothers and sisters? I thought so. You're father was lazy and slept most of the day didn't he? He had a bit of the wandering eye too (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) chased anything with a tail yup I knew it.
When no one's around you get a bit anxious and lonely? You just want them to know you don't like being left alone? What's that? you've been trying but they won't listen? Of course dear that's why they pay me!

Hey can I have my own show?
astoundingbruce
View Profile
Regular user
Burlington, WI (USA)
127 Posts

Profile of astoundingbruce
When reading humans, one can usually ask them for confirmation. Who can challenge "Sanja?"

You know, P. T. Barnum would have found someone to contradict "Sanja" and claimed that his performer was the REAL animal psychic!

drwilson (Paul): Thanks for bringing a smile to my face!:rotf:

Bruce
“There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Quote:
On 2004-05-17 11:55, Firedice27 wrote:
She makes John Edward look legit. Maybe she could pull an Uri Gellar and do some "dog bending".

Add balloons and make poodles!!! Smile
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I am really surprised at how much reaction the topic has garnered so far. Goes to show how much interest animals can create.

Anybody have any first hand "Amazing Randy" style facts on this lady?
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1397 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
She tried to contact my dog but got bit. Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Randy Sager
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Randy Sager
I have heard of people doing this but have not seen it on t.v. as I don't have cable.

I Can't see why anyone would believe in this stuff. I wanted to tell My best friend that John Edwards was a total fake. Actually I did tell her in away but she still wants to believe. Oh well!

I just hope she does not start believing in something like this as she just had a pet die, the other day. I don't think she will but in a case like that you never know.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2004-05-18 12:05, Randy Sager wrote:

I Can't see why anyone would believe in this stuff.

Randy, it probably has a lot to do with how artfull she is when it comes to th deception. Like any good cold reader or mentalist, she faces them with facts that they "know" she couldn't possibly know about their particular pet.

You, see, even as a magician, I am astonished at the accuracy of the information she gives to each particular situiation.

Now, I realize, of course, that the TV, as was the case with David Blaine, can be very deceptive by not giving us all the facts, or rather, the whole story.

I am guessing that she probably gained the knowledge through the use of standard impression devices before she ever met the people. Of course, you will never hear about that part on TV.

That is ,of course, my conjecture.

What makes me wonder and gives me pause to think is this: Consider the following species of animals. Dolphins, horses, elephants, Orka whales, and other species of whales such as the humpback, gorrillas, and siamese cats.

What do they all have in common? It is their uncommon and sometimes uncanny , high intelligence. Seriously. Think of how intelligent all these species have proven to be. It's obvious that as once was thought, that the saying "dumb animals" was a vast under estimation of the capacity of their brains. It has been demonstrated over and over that these animals THINK. Therefore they have a mind, feelings, emotions, and, who knows, a soul. Of course, they will never be equal to man in cranial capacity, but they can hold their ownb.

So the next logical thing, especially if a person views their pet as a part of the family, indeed as a person, is to assume that it is possible to telepathically link with them, in some way, especially if one has the "gift"

You see, for these people, it is not really a long stretch from point A to point B.

Do I believe it? Well in the case of our pet psychic, I am highly doubtfull.

But on occasions, I believe some have developed an invisible link with their beloved pets. Most likely rare, but within the realm of feasibility. I mean ifthe bond is there, then the connection is certainly possible.
It'sd kind of analagous to stories you may have heard about twin brothers and sisters separated by circumstances, distances, and maybe even from birth, who have felt and known things and thoughts about each other that is absolutely impossible. Yet, the "bond" the "connection" was there, in many cases, leading to a reunion later on in life.

And what's weird about that, is that in some cases, their lives paralell in astounding ways. They married people of the same names, they wear the same color clothes, they like the same movies, have similar jobs, and on down the line. It gets absolutely uncanny. so, I'm talking about things we can't see with our eyes, or really comprehend with our minds. But the evidence is there, and it's difficult to refute or deny.

But as for our pet psychic, well, she needs to be scrutinized bv 20/20 or some such show, knowhuImean?
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
I saw one such on Mike Douglas years ago, and she said that animals thought in "images."
She proceeded to tell a dog owner that her pooch "wanted to ride in the red car."

RED car...excuse me?!?

The retina of a dog's eye is composed entirely of rods (which perceive light and shadow); it has NO CONES (which perceive chroma).

A dog's entire visual world is in black & white!!!

The best he could manage to communicate would be wanting to "ride in the GRAY car."

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Maybe it's just me, but a "pet psychic" just seems really stupid to me.
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
A LOT of human concepts seem stupid to me, but I shrug and deal with that, hoping not to take too much damage from global idiocy.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
The pet was a rouse for a CR session on the owner.

But I will say this.....

I am a HUNTER. I don't care if any of you have an issue with this, that is your problem, not mine!
I have an intuition for animals pet or prey. Just observation will tell you 90% of what you need to know about an animal.
Patterns of behaviour are easy to see in animals if you only know what too look for.

I have to model prey behaviour so I can get a clean kill, I would never take a shot that would produce anything other than instant death. I don't hunt to distress an animal.
I must know the instant that the prey will present a clear shot. This means undrstanding what my prey is thinking. How it intends to move next. What it's motives are for any particular action.
This translates to all animals. By getting into the animals mind, you can get a fair idea of what its about.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Just to follow on...

I have been on my own out hunting and had some great encounters with wildlife. Just knowing how to behave with animals can get you very close.
I have been nose to nose with a Badger, looking it in the eyes Smile wowser what a buzz. I have had a flock of birds all around me (even on my gun, I was in cammo), but I moved among them with them landing on me for a good perch.
I had a fox follow me for 8 hours. He was quiet and did not trouble me or my prey. He joined me at the fire later and I gave hime some of the kill.
He followed me for the whole weekend, never made a sound. But he knew.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Oh sure I believe it! In fact I'm one!

Take for example:

Scratch scratch at the door> What's that? You need to go? I then open the door to let one of the dogs out.

Meow!> What's that? You are hungry? I then open cat food.

Woof Woof> What's that? You want to go for a walk? Not to be mistaken for the scratch scratch at the door. As I psychic I know the difference.

Aruphhh!> What's that? You want me to throw your ball?

Grrrr> Suspicious or unknown person at the door.

See? It's not that hard!

:O)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Pet Psychics? Oh puleeeze! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL