The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » El Numero (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
I know I can make one, I've tried but it's too much for me.

Anyone know where I can buy an El Numero? Anyone selling these wonderful items.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Didn't osterlind do an update called foresign?
I've asked to be banned
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Didn't osterlind do an update called foresign?

Yea I see it. I haven't seen it on his site for sometime. But it's there now. Thanks.
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1747 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Foresight is nice. Clean. Easy.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
marklock
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of marklock
Was El Numero ever written up anywhere?
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2020, marklock wrote:
Was El Numero ever written up anywhere?

I believe El Numero was created by Syd Bergson in either the 70s or 60s. He created a lot of mentalism effects sold by Tannen's and many were performed by Kreskin on TV. I had the pleasure of belonging to Ring 45 in Miami. It was called the Syd bergson ring and I got to see him perform many times.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
CSMTREE
View Profile
Veteran user
El Paso, Texas
318 Posts

Profile of CSMTREE
Greg, I was also a member of Ring 45 in Miami. I actually used to sit with Syd and his wife during the meetings. I was a teen at the time and wished I knew then what I know now about this great Mentalist. El Numero was the first Mentalism trick I learned and Syd actually gave me one. I wish I still had it, but remember how to make it up. Richard Osterlind teaches it on his ETMM. Fantasio, Richard Mark, Sammy the Magic Man, and Mick Ayers were also part of Ring 45.
"Freedom is the best Magic of all"
marklock
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of marklock
Thanks! How great to have been able to see Syd perform. I'll look it up on ETMM I forgot it was on Vol 1.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2020, CSMTREE wrote:
Greg, I was also a member of Ring 45 in Miami. I actually used to sit with Syd and his wife during the meetings. I was a teen at the time and wished I knew then what I know now about this great Mentalist. El Numero was the first Mentalism trick I learned and Syd actually gave me one. I wish I still had it, but remember how to make it up. Richard Osterlind teaches it on his ETMM. Fantasio, Richard Mark, Sammy the Magic Man, and Mick Ayers were also part of Ring 45.

Those were the days. Morty Rudnick, Ace Gorham... and many other guys that used that have stuff in Tannen's. I went there in the very early 70s. Later on, Fantasio started his own club and used to go there too. I remember sitting in the back with Millard Longman and joking about stuff.

If I remember correctly, the first full show I saw someone do in the club was Russ Burns. I remember he did a manip act with the theme from The Sting.
Greg
CSMTREE
View Profile
Veteran user
El Paso, Texas
318 Posts

Profile of CSMTREE
Greg,

One of the most memorable lectures I saw there was George Sands rope magic. I still have his lecture notes.
"Freedom is the best Magic of all"
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I don't remember that one specifically, but I remember someone in the meeting doing his complete rope routine. The very first lecture I attended there was by Ger Copper. He was the reason I started working on the edge coin roll where the coins end up being displayed like billiard balls. Plus that was the first time I saw a coin matrix routine and for years I did his version.

Greg
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » El Numero (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL