The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » High School Graduation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Today, my oldest niece graduated high school. I told her that I could not be more proud of her if she were my own daughter. She knows that I think of her as the daughter I never had. In fact, the circumstances around her birth were such that I was willing to take her into my home and raise her as my own daughter. I was even willing to do that all throughout her life. After graduation, I gave her a gift...and heirloom locket that has been in my family for three generations (now four). It is supposed to be handed down from mother to daughter. My sister has the girls in the family, so prior to me giving her the locket, I spoke with my sister about me giving it to Jamie. I made it through my presentation to her without shedding too many tears. I still can't believe she's graduated!

Margarette
a.k.a. Jamie's proud aunt!
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Congratulations to your niece!

You seem like a wonderful aunt! (I avoided the phrase "great aunt", that could get me in big trouble!) I’m sure she’ll always treasure the locket. Perhaps she’ll have a daughter she can pass the locket to someday.

I just saw one of my nieces today at a family birthday party. She’s practically a straight A student in high school and she’s talking about college now. I remember when she was a three-years old and a flower girl at our wedding. They do grow up so fast!
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
Dayanara
View Profile
New user
Michigan
64 Posts

Profile of Dayanara
Nine more days of school left to go. 17 more days until I graduate. I cried the other day when the radio played Vitamin C's "Graduation Song". Goddess, it seems like just yesterday that I was crying on the last night of band camp, because I didn't want to graduate.

Tell Jamie good luck. I'm still waiting for my turn. *goes away with a knot in her throat and tears in her eyes*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » High School Graduation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL