The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Birthday Tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ghageman
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of ghageman
Hi all

I've got someone in my life who I would like to perform a special Happy Birthday card trick for.

Looking for any suggestions for tricks I can look into that accomplish this. Doesn't have to be strictly a card trick (although that is what I mainly perform). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone Smile
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6101 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Lips by Tony Binarelli.
Instead of the lip print, have a Happy Birthday message. This message also provides perfect misdirection for a surprise production.
Pierre Cardinlemon
View Profile
New user
Budapest, Hungary, EU
39 Posts

Profile of Pierre Cardinlemon
Check out The Happy Birthday Card Trick from Giobbi's Card College 5.

I perform a slightly modified version of it, where the selected card is forced and I have a duplicate already in the 21th position with "Happy Birthday!" written on it. When I arrive on the card at the end of the song, I ask the name of the card, I look at it, I smile signalling success, and I start to hand out the card. But before they could grab it, I pretend to have a new idea, I take the card back and snap my fingers as if I added the message miraculously at that moment.
Einmaliger
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of Einmaliger
Two tricks that involve birthday cakes drawn on playing cards:

Oliver Meech's "Cardboard Birthday Cake" from "The Plot Thickens"
Caleb Wiles "Make a Wish" from "High Spots"
Yehuda
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Yehuda
I have a really good one that will hopefully be released in a book I'm working on.

Yehuda
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2986 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Here's a fun effect that uses a greeting card as the "impossible location" - http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S8971
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4675 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Simon Aronson has a nice birthday effect in his newest book "Art Decko"
Paul Green has the "Fortune Teller's Book of Days" if you can find a copy
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
jcroop
View Profile
Special user
718 Posts

Profile of jcroop
Doc Eason has a great one.

Card is chosen, brief ambitious segment, selected card is handed out....

"I'll remember this by your signature, but you'll remember it for the message on the back"

The back is a blank backed card with a message. I have had everyone at the party sign their name (without showing them the face). It has worked very well.

Or you can have your special message
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4675 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I forgot to mention Diamond Jim Tyler has one with a dollar bill and a hole punch
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
stickmondoo
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of stickmondoo
Bannon has a nice easy but powerful birthday card trick. I think it’s in Destination Zero.
BobMillerMAGIC!
View Profile
New user
MN
93 Posts

Profile of BobMillerMAGIC!
The Card to Calendar trick is always a great plot, and even better when they name their birthday.
I've created a super-simple way to do it without any memorizing or stacked deck. I created a calendar called PreDate, that does most of the work. You just have to force a card. Here's a short video of my restaurant performance: https://youtu.be/W4dKkca8COM
PreDate: The NoMem Calendar Trick
http://www.BobMillerMagic.biz
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Profile of lynnef
I had the same question about a year ago, and Café member mlippo came up with the suggestion of doing color monte with 2 cards which form the person's age (eg 21 could be made with a 2 of clubs and ace of hearts); and the third card could be a blank card which is decorated into a colorful birthday card! It was a hit at my friend's noisy 75th birthday! Lynn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Birthday Tricks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL