The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Rose Ring Flight (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tetkom4
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Tetkom4
I remember seeing a ring flight where the ring appeared in a mechanical rose that bloomed and revealed the ring within...can anyone tell me where to get it if it is for sale? and can anyone give me any other good suggestions for a nice ring flight? gimmicked or otherwise?
You think that trick was good? you should see what i can do with my...............
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The effect, I remember, was the rose was a ring box, available around Valentines Day at many fuel stations. The item you are looking for is on L&L Publications site. It is Petrick and Mia magic. The rose did not open like a flower, but opened like a ring box.

This couple also had their own site, do not know if it still up or not.

Yes, there are many ring flite scenario's now a days. It all depends how much money you want to spend. As you may know, you get what you pay for.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I had one chap who contacted me to make an opening rose. I just never got any further on it.

David Copperfield did this one on one of his early specials.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Tetkom4
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Tetkom4
Yea...that's the one I wanted..the one that Copperfield did....so it isn't open for sale to the public?
You think that trick was good? you should see what i can do with my...............
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
The one Copperfield did cannot be done with a borrowed ring. Petrick and Mia is as close as you can come. The have a better one where the ring appears on the stem of the rose between the bud and the leaves. It uses flash paper and is flashy.
Kevin Blake
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Kevin Blake
Bumping this back up because I'm interested, as the original poster was back ages ago, who was the maker of the opening rose that Copperfield used in his special (seen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqtFwGm-Xw8).

Anyone know an illusion designer who could create something like this that could play on camera (i.e. doesn't look like a fake fabric rose)?

K
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Rose Ring Flight (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL