The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Skynet Project by Marc Lavelle (111 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2019, Steven Conner wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2019, SleepyMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2019, Steven Conner wrote:
This showed up in my email. I have already placed an order, but this is unreal.

https://www.ebay.com/i/233196532794?ul_r......app=true

Postage is more than the product itself

It said free shipping.

Shipping showed up as $50 for me with that link! Probably best to buy from your regular Murphy's Dealer!
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2019, jerdunn wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2019, The Duster wrote:
I think anyone who has smuggled a phone into prison knows exactly what you mean

And who hasn't? "Here you go, Mom!"

If this ind** has to be stuffed down your pants or inside your shirt, I don't think this is an advancement.

The Q Ind** (Quantum Connection) fits a complete deck into your two front jeans pockets without a "bulge" Smile Retrieval time: about 3-4 seconds. So Skynet would have to beat that for me.

Dean Dill had a version that required another rather large item in play. His strategy for misdirection was excellent. He had the spectator DRAW his card on a sheet of paper, and everyone watched that while you retrieved the folded card from his setup.

I hope Skynet turns out to be an improvement over the already excellent Q Ind**.

Cheers,
Jerry

It certainly doesn’t have to be stuffed anywhere thankfully! Load time for me is difficult to say in seconds, as I do it as natural as possible over time during my usual routines. If someone was to just name a card and you load it say, into a card to wallet, that could be done in about 2-3 seconds, if that’s your preferred style of performance!

I’m not the type of person to suggest buying something unnecessarily- if you have a system that works fine for you, stick with it! I came up with this to eliminate issues I was personally having:

Pocket space
Speed (no math or ‘rummaging’)
Customisable
Quick reset (you don’t have to take the whole gimmick out to reset)
Easy card refill (no gimmick cards)
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18116 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Mark - how big the gimmick once set up please? and is it a single item, or a pair?

if its not pocket-space as such, where do you "wear" it?

cheers...
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
422 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Mark - how big the gimmick once set up please? and is it a single item, or a pair?

cheers...

They have already replied that it is a single item.
I think that your ” where do you wear it? ” Is not going to be replied as this is probably part of the secret.

MP
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7401 Posts

Profile of pegasus
No news is good news, except when it comes to magic products.
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
1608 Posts

Profile of Ross W
This is fun!

So it's a "non-intrusive wearable" that takes up no pocket space. All the cards are pre-folded and easily accessible.

I thought "A belt" But that doesn't seem to be the case on the video.

For the price, it's not electronic or hugely complicated.

I'm stumped! I like it though...!
Author
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1349 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Hmmm...maybe something along these lines, or in this area:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoe_phone
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1791 Posts

Profile of Daren
I like the look of this and ordered it! I think it best to maybe leave a bag folded up on table and say inside is a playing card rather than show the bag empty and then have a card appear inside, do the reveal and then you have ample misdirection as they unfold card to produce also a shot glass of liquid from bag also as a kicker finish!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18116 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Just say your spirit guide is Eric Morecombe...
indomagic
View Profile
Special user
912 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2019, Daren wrote:
I like the look of this and ordered it! I think it best to maybe leave a bag folded up on table and say inside is a playing card rather than show the bag empty and then have a card appear inside, do the reveal and then you have ample misdirection as they unfold card to produce also a shot glass of liquid from bag also as a kicker finish!

I agree with this. Better to say there is a playing card rather than to magically make a card appear inside the bag.
patapon
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
100 Posts

Profile of patapon
Hi, I posted this earlier and even messaged Marc, but have not got any replies yet, so I'm posting this again and hope that someone can help out?
1. Does the reveal always have to be in mercury fold?
2. Is palming required?

I don't prefer the empty bag routine, so I'm just wondering if I can just pull the card out of my pocket, preferably not in mercury fold.

Thanks!
efrados
View Profile
New user
Montevideo, Uruguay
93 Posts

Profile of efrados
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2019, patapon wrote:
Hi, I posted this earlier and even messaged Marc, but have not got any replies yet, so I'm posting this again and hope that someone can help out?
2. Is palming required?

I don't prefer the empty bag routine, so I'm just wondering if I can just pull the card out of my pocket, preferably not in mercury fold.

Thanks!

1) if it a card you have to have it folded if not it would be super hard to use it
2) yeah for sure
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1688 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2019, indomagic wrote:
Quote:

I agree with this. Better to say there is a playing card rather than to magically make a card appear inside the bag.

I like the idea of a named card magically appearing. The other way is just a prediction effect (and how many of those have we had?). Maybe the appearance in an "empty" bag is too obvious, maybe its appearance in some other manner would be preferable, but the appearance of a named card "out of nowhere" adds a definite magical quality to the effect.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2314 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Looks like you might need a jacket of some type . Could be wrong. But looks like you can reach the desired card very quickly . Love the any playing card. Went ahead and pre ordered.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1791 Posts

Profile of Daren
I think you could use a folded up card in bag and then use Jay Sankeys paper clipped to reveal the freely thought of card, my mind is spinning with different ideas at the moment
kebmo3108
View Profile
New user
Austria
66 Posts

Profile of kebmo3108
No pocket space is a strong statement - sounds too good to be true - the i***x needs space,... somewhere,.... does a TKO style wearable fall into the "no pocket space" category ;-) ?
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1602 Posts

Profile of The Duster
I would suggest...

Anything that isn't in your pocket - is taking up no pocket space [in the meaning that they are using here]
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2019, M Pitcher wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2019, IAIN wrote:

cheers...

They have already replied that it is a single item.
I think that your ” where do you wear it? ” Is not going to be replied as this is probably part of the secret.

MP

I have mine set up as a single gimmick, you CAN permanently split it into two should you with to, not my preference! As for the 'where' - that is difficult to answer as there is no one 'correct' way - it has several options, depending on preference. You could have it on your waist (like me), the hem of a jacket (sometimes like me), the front of your hoodie/t-shirt (Like Javier in the Trailer - which I LOVE!), on a close up pad/stage table (sometimes like me), on the inside of the front of your jacket (Literally just thought of this one!)

If is all preference!

Quote:
On Apr 14, 2019, pegasus wrote:
No news is good news, except when it comes to magic products.

Sorry, which news?

Quote:
On Apr 15, 2019, patapon wrote:
2. Is palming required?

Thanks!

I must've missed this message. For the speed, yeah, it is Mercury folded. You COULD do unfolded with this gimmick, but you would have to do a lot more counting for certain cards. I wanted the handling and speed for any card to be around the same duration. I didn't like stalling for certain cards.

Palming is kind of required, but as they are mercury folded, it is more fingerpalm (for the bag load), holding or clipping.

Quote:
On Apr 15, 2019, kebmo3108 wrote:
No pocket space is a strong statement - sounds too good to be true - the i***x needs space,... somewhere,.... does a TKO style wearable fall into the "no pocket space" category ;-) ?

Ah, I LOOOVE TKO - and Skynet wouldn't interfere with TKO if you have one Smile

Quote:

Great idea. This routine developed from something a spectator showed me as a gag with throwing nothing up and catching it in a bag. I just wanted to make that something appear Smile

Apologies for missing PM's here - I am currently only accessing the Café on my phone. I will check here regularly (maybe not daily though, as I gig!) and answer as much as possible as often as possible.

I am also due to be joining Luke Dancy on the Murphy's Live Stream tomorrow (around 8PM GMT) - if you have any questions about ANY of my stuff, feel free to tune in and ask live!
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4445 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Another idea, if possible, is to have a bag on the table full of blank faced cards all folded up. They name one, reach into the bag and pull one out, first reveal is it is their named card which is magical in itself. Secondly, people from the group pull out cards at random and open them to reveal they are all blank. Alternatively obviously they can pull cards out first and then you reach in and 'pull one out'. Reveal you got the named card only for them to have blanks. There will be plenty of ideas for this, sounds great!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2019, Christopher Williams wrote:
Another idea, if possible, is to have a bag on the table full of blank faced cards all folded up. They name one, reach into the bag and pull one out, first reveal is it is their named card which is magical in itself. Secondly, people from the group pull out cards at random and open them to reveal they are all blank. Alternatively obviously they can pull cards out first and then you reach in and 'pull one out'. Reveal you got the named card only for them to have blanks. There will be plenty of ideas for this, sounds great!

Oh, man! I REALLY love this idea!

Could even be a clear bag like this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Skynet Project by Marc Lavelle (111 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.75 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL