The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Skynet Project by Marc Lavelle (111 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1857 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Hey guys,
I'm so excited to announce the Skynet Project.
Marc has created a very sophisticated system that will deliver any playing card safely at your disposal.
It's something that once you have it with you, it will always be there for you whenever you need it, and it doesn't occupy any pocket space.
Marc includes his signature effect that he has performed in literally thousands of shows, but you can use this system anytime you instantly need a called out card like with mystery boxes, cards to impossible location, card to mouth, or card to wallet - you name it.
I love the Skynet Project.

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=61226

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1543 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
I don't really like one of the presentations, where you start with nothing in the bag, and then the chosen card appears.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1403 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Hats off to Marc.. This is very very good.
:)
Big plus... There is no memory work.. and even in the heat of it.. I can definitely count to 3... Smile

MoM have it on the site now shipping from the UK with FREE worldwide shipping here:

https://www.magicshop-deals.com/products/skynet

The worldwide release date is the 22nd April

Hope this helps
Dominic Reyes
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2019, Magic KL wrote:
I don't really like one of the presentations, where you start with nothing in the bag, and then the chosen card appears.

Each to their own - you can choose any presentation that suits you!

A weird backstory about this - shortly after making my first usable version of this, (about 7 years ago now!) I was doing a gig at a Christmas event, and one of my specs did the old ‘throwing nothing up in the air and catching it audibly in a bag’ with a gift bag. He was a fun dude so on the spot, I told him to do the same with an imaginary playing card. I couldn’t believe the reactions (exactly like on the trailer). I had previously used and planned to use it just to produce a named card from a CTW!
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1147 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I'm confused about the "not occupying any pocket space" stuff.

Is this practical and portable to carry on you in the sense that you're leaving the house and then decide to "load up" knowing you can just throw it on your person or in your pockets?

I ask because of advance clothing restrictions etc. It'd be nice to think it's not restricted to one article of clothing, or so on.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1567 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Really like the looks of this!

Any clothing restrictions?
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1147 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
And obviously, I know any index using normal cards isn't the smallest thing to carry; it couldn't be in light of the fact you'll have 52 cards. But I'm hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised to its practicality.
JohnnyH
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of JohnnyH
Looks awesome!!! Might have to treat myself Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18182 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Is it a single gimmick or a pair?

Is it OK to know the dimensions once it's all set up please?
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3198 Posts

Profile of warren
It sounds great I look forward to hearing the reviews.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3269 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Also wondering what 'no pocket space' means here....
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10475 Posts

Profile of saysold1
It’s apparently an ind** system. Typically in the past those have taken up some space like Q.

Looks cool.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13989 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I think this looks like a winner.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
767 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Mercury fold? Certainly looks like it...
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1601 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2019, rosariorose9 wrote:
Mercury fold? Certainly looks like it...

Surely they are all prefolded before you leave home?
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3269 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
An in*** with them all folded sounds pretty bulky, no?

And if there's no pocket space issues, where the heck does this thing go?

I hope more info is forthcoming as, logically, it's got to be somewhere, and I hate to drop the money and then find out you need to carry something around with you that isn't practical or in line with my persona...

Considering that what it *is* isn't actually a secret, hopefully they can be a little more free with the relevant information.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Burf
View Profile
Regular user
Adelaide, South Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Burf
Hopefully some detail of any restrictions will soon be available. Would love to order but if this is not practical for my day to day use I would just be throwing money away (again). Looks excellent, hopefully not too good t be true.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3290 Posts

Profile of takeachance
They make a big deal of
"literally as easy as counting from 1,2,3. (Seriously, counting from 1 to 3 is part of the method) so there's a hint
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1655 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Yes, I too found the no pocket space claim confusing...I cannot imagine how this is any different from my Q Quantum Connection In***
no2ss
View Profile
Loyal user
California
226 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:
An in*** with them all folded sounds pretty bulky, no?

And if there's no pocket space issues, where the heck does this thing go?

I hope more info is forthcoming as, logically, it's got to be somewhere, and I hate to drop the money and then find out you need to carry something around with you that isn't practical or in line with my persona...

Considering that what it *is* isn't actually a secret, hopefully they can be a little more free with the relevant information.

I have all the same questions. Saying no pocket space usually implies that it's tiny or super thin or whatever. But here, it seems like it must mean something different: that the in*** is just not stored in your pocket. So there are all sorts of obvious questions about *where* it's stored that will determine how practical it is for everyone. Seems like they should have recognized this would be the main question everyone had, so a bit disappointing that it wasn't answer upfront -- but hopefully someone chimes in to answer soon. Because, as everyone else points out, this certainly *could* be super compelling.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Skynet Project by Marc Lavelle (111 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL