The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Skynet Project by Marc Lavelle (111 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7485 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2019, 252life wrote:
I built an index into a jock strap. I can fit a lot in it due to all of he unused space.
(Usually at least a full deck, two oranges and a banana,)
Some mild audience management is necessary though, since I usually wear it over my pants.
(Trust me, it flies right by)

Wasn’t it two raisins and an acorn?
paranormal
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of paranormal
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2019, The Duster wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2019, gotgot wrote:
Could you take out an orange from your pocket and the named card is inside?

In the same way you can have a CTW

But for ease of use - you would be better off waiting until later in the year when I release my i* - that holds 52 different oranges

No Magnets
No Memory Needed
Perform Surrounded
Resets in Seconds

There are some clothing restrictions though

you might need more sometimes people when you say name any orange say one with a bill loaded or a plastic one for a chop cup load or one with a citrus gimmick. Just sayimg you might need more options.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1616 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2019, 252life wrote:
I built an index into a jock strap. I can fit a lot in it due to all of he unused space.
(Usually at least a full deck, two oranges and a banana,)
Some mild audience management is necessary though, since I usually wear it over my pants.
(Trust me, it flies right by)

Wasn’t it two raisins and an acorn?

You promised you wouldn’t tell!
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
lyoma
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of lyoma
Does someone know the difference between Adovocate (which is included free in Osyn, an awesome card switch method) and Skynet project? With the former, you can extract the card chosen by counting 1 to 3, just as announced for the latter. But Adovocate is rather complicated to find the card. Is it really easy to find the card by Skynet project?
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1214 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
@lyoma nothing alike any index out there.

the good thing is that it’s wearable and easy interchangeable, nice idea and bit of a kit!

Congrats Marc! Smile
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
In his At the Table lecture, Rick Merrill did Card To Sock and in the explanation, he actually had a 52-card index built into his sock. It was hilarious (and obviously just a gag).
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2019, lyoma wrote:
I already have a good one : the advocate that came with Osyn. It needs two. If skynet project too, it does not interest me. The video suggests that you should choose the right one by asking number or suit to take time. If Skynet uses just one i****, you don't have to divide the answer, and can extract the very card directly.

Just the one purchase of Skynet will allow all 52. - I will be totally happy if you wanted to buy two though, to give the spectator choice of red or blue back! :-D

Quote:
On Apr 25, 2019, gotgot wrote:
Could you take out an orange from your pocket and the named card is inside?

You certainly could!

Quote:
On Apr 25, 2019, lyoma wrote:
Does someone know the difference between Adovocate (which is included free in Osyn, an awesome card switch method) and Skynet project? With the former, you can extract the card chosen by counting 1 to 3, just as announced for the latter. But Adovocate is rather complicated to find the card. Is it really easy to find the card by Skynet project?

Skynet is super easy and quick to find the card.

Quote:
On Apr 25, 2019, CardGuyMike wrote:
In his At the Table lecture, Rick Merrill did Card To Sock and in the explanation, he actually had a 52-card index built into his sock. It was hilarious (and obviously just a gag).

THAT sounds awesome! haha
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2019, Lseeyou wrote:
@lyoma nothing alike any index out there.

the good thing is that it’s wearable and easy interchangeable, nice idea and bit of a kit!

Congrats Marc! Smile

Ah, thank you very much!
Khuluma
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Khuluma
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2019, CardGuyMike wrote:

I remember that lecture. It was brilliant!
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2849 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Any "REAL" reviews from workers other than dealers?
I'm ready to hit the buy button but, been there done that, only to add to the junk drawer.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
614 Posts

Profile of Philippe
I’m the same, eager to purchase but need a nudge.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1616 Posts

Profile of 252life
I think mine arrives today. I’ll try and share some first impressions ASAP, hopefully by Monday when I get a chance

-Theodore Annemann
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18182 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'm not sure how much I like this... I appreciate the thinking and production for sure. But I don't think it'll replace the ind*xes I make myself. It is very clever. The set up I think you'll either love or hate...
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1616 Posts

Profile of 252life
The suspense builds lol

-Theodore Annemann
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1616 Posts

Profile of 252life
I'm not sure how I feel about this yet.
It does limit/restrict your wardrobe choices, and is bulky.
If you tend to work sans overcoat and with a tucked in shirt, this becomes problematic.
If this is you, and you have the pocket space, a traditional i**** may be a better way to go.
Batman fans will love it though Smile
I'm already considering cutting it down to a half pack, and should have waited for more reviews.
This isn't meant as a swipe at the product. I do like Marc's bag catch presentation btw, and Marc seems like a great guy for the record.
The device is well built though, and should last.
There are many removable parts, and you'd have to be fairly aware not to lose them.
For my purposes this may not be a match, but the juries still out. This is all first impressions.
Your mileage may vary.

-Theodore Annemann
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7485 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I always considered Doomo of RFA Productions as the holy grail of in***s
Dark Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
My troops are stationed at
272 Posts

Profile of Dark Knight
Years ago, I played around with various indices and making several of my own, including a movable one that would disgorge the card into my hand from my necktie and a rotating belt index inside a static belt. I never was totally satisfied with the various models, especially the ones that had to be worn. I finally worked out a "system" that requires very natural movements and requires no body or pocket equipment. However, it's very idiosycratic and would not be easily adaptable for others to use.

It sounds like Marc has created something that works extremely well for him. The real test will be whether other users agree that it is the best possible system for them, after giving it proper practice and testing in the field.

DK
leosx1
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of leosx1
A friend showed me his Skynet and I like the fact you can show the card from all sides and give it out too. My favourite devices for any card called for remain Bang On and Incarnation by Marc Oberon though.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3603 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Tony Miller is the king of indexes including many creative wearable indexes. Still debating skynet. Sounds interesting but I wear suits with the trabucco holdout installed on both sides so i’m guessing that would be a problem.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2849 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I wear a sport jacket with a shirt tucked in my pants. Sounds like this would not be a good fit for
me. The initial discussion before the release on this "seems" to be disingenuous. I'll save my money.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Skynet Project by Marc Lavelle (111 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL