The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Skynet Project by Marc Lavelle (111 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
marcobasi
View Profile
New user
italy
39 Posts

Profile of marcobasi
Short review.
the object - as we know - does not go in your pocket. But is easy to wear (i can not fully explain the method without revealing the secret). if you are not satisfied with the method described, you can use paper-clips. it works.
It seems a bit heavy and cumbersome, but once worn it is not noticeable.
Once assembled, it hides with a jacket, a shirt out of trousers, a sweatshirt, a T-shirt. With a day of practice I can easily identify the group of cards that I need for the effect. Just bend forward - asking to the spectator a classic "are you sure?", for example - and hide a hand for 1-2 seconds. The rest of the dirty work takes place in your pocket.
Currently, within 5 seconds from the final choice of the spec, I can extract the folded card from my pocket.
The whole process is quick and safe, but you need to "get used to it" (I mean, you've got something "on". You have to remember it all the time and watch out for your initial movements. With practice, I imagine, this problem will disappear).
I have not yet tested it in a gig, but the premises seems good.
i will do it soon and write to the Café clients again.

thanks, Marc Lavelle!
best
Marco
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2019, marcobasi wrote:
Short review.
the object - as we know - does not go in your pocket. But is easy to wear (i can not fully explain the method without revealing the secret). if you are not satisfied with the method described, you can use paper-clips. it works.
It seems a bit heavy and cumbersome, but once worn it is not noticeable.
Once assembled, it hides with a jacket, a shirt out of trousers, a sweatshirt, a T-shirt. With a day of practice I can easily identify the group of cards that I need for the effect. Just bend forward - asking to the spectator a classic "are you sure?", for example - and hide a hand for 1-2 seconds. The rest of the dirty work takes place in your pocket.
Currently, within 5 seconds from the final choice of the spec, I can extract the folded card from my pocket.
The whole process is quick and safe, but you need to "get used to it" (I mean, you've got something "on". You have to remember it all the time and watch out for your initial movements. With practice, I imagine, this problem will disappear).
I have not yet tested it in a gig, but the premises seems good.
i will do it soon and write to the Café clients again.

thanks, Marc Lavelle!
best
Marco

Thanks Marco....
If wearing a sport jacket, with a tucked in shirt, how wide can you open the sport coat/jacket?
I often open my jacket for a spectator to choose various color Sharpies, or pull a wallet out of an inner pocket. If I wouldn't be able to do that, it would be a game changer.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
marcobasi
View Profile
New user
italy
39 Posts

Profile of marcobasi
Dear davidpaul$,
you can open your jacket normally and pull out your wallet.
The gimmick stays "behind" you. A sport jacket is enough to cover the secret.
With a jacket, the shirt can fit inside the pants.
Skynet does not interfere with the back pockets or even with a waistcoat.
hope this helps
best
Marco
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Thanks Marco...yes it does. Good to know it doesn't interfere with back pants pocket where my Mullica resides, but the cumbersome aspect is a little discerning. Your review is appreciated.
The jury is still out for me at least for now.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
An untucked shirt etc., is necessary or a jacket needs to be worn.
If you perform wearing a tucked in shirt, with no jacket for cover, this is unusable as far as I can tell.
I’m disappointed to say this. I really want to be clear that I’m not insulting the product.
If your wardrobe allows for this to be worn, you should be happy with it.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2019, 252life wrote:
An untucked shirt etc., is necessary or a jacket needs to be worn.
If you perform wearing a tucked in shirt, with no jacket for cover, this is unusable as far as I can tell.
I’m disappointed to say this. I really want to be clear that I’m not insulting the product.
If your wardrobe allows for this to be worn, you should be happy with it.

Conjurors Community did an on-line review including Aaron Fisher and it was stated that you could
actually perform this with no clothing. It got rave a review. They are selling it as well.
Obviuosly you need some sort of cover. It's an index. But don't misrepresent the product which has been done. The actual purchasers have confirmed this. But if your wardrobe is conducive, as was stated, then all is well except it being cumbersome which was also stated.
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
Great use for Mint Box by Daniel Garcia!
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
I didn’t misrepresent anything.
And I am an “actual purchaser”.
I also don’t care who's listed as having a different opinion from mine in an attempt to minimize my input.
Have fun performing with no clothes by the way. I’m still puzzled by that, but I haven’t had my coffee yet.
As a matter of fact my comments have been extremely kind to a fault.
For instance, I didn’t leave a review on Penguin. I also didn’t belabor my thoughts of a refund.
I didn’t point out how easily dislodged the many removable pieces can be.
I mentioned it was bulky, but didn’t make the bandolier comparison that even Marc makes.
I also focused only on the quality of the main part of the item, and didn’t mention the quality of the attachment loops.
I tried to fairly share my impressions, so that others here might make a more informed decision.
I’ll say again, this is probably a fine product for some people, just not me apparently.

-Theodore Annemann
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2019, davidpaul$ wrote:
It got rave a review. They are selling it as well.

Well there ya go.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2019, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2019, davidpaul$ wrote:
It got rave a review. They are selling it as well.

Well there ya go.

Lol yup

-Theodore Annemann
lyoma
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of lyoma
252Life, is it easy to choose the card? The Advocate, another i**** is clever, and costs nothing to construct : 52 cards in a deck case. But it takes rather long to find the target card. I am looking for an i**** really practical. With Advocate, if you restrain the choice to a half of the deck, for example, juste red cards, it is relatively easy to find the card chosen by the spectator (26 cards in the case). By equivoque, you ask first the colour of the card, and if the answer is red, you continue "is it a heart ou a diamond?". If the answer is black, you say "ok. We eliminate black cards. Now there remain hearts and diamonds. Let's continue the elimination process. Do you want eliminate hearts or diamonds?". Mark Calabrase proceeds like this with his Osyn ( Only Switch You Need), which is a very visual effect. But I prefer keep the possibility of all cards without equivoque. So I probably will be not annoyed by bulkiness of the Skynet project, but I am concerned with the easiness of extraction. I also own Q: the Quantum Connection. I find it impracticable. Thank you for your help.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Thanks, those are great leads for me to look into.
As for the ease of finding any card with Skynet, it is easy and fast considering you’re able to wear it as meant.

-Theodore Annemann
lyoma
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of lyoma
Thanks a lot, 252Life.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Pleasure, nice to meet you Smile

-Theodore Annemann
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2019, 252life wrote:
I didn’t misrepresent anything.
And I am an “actual purchaser”.
I also don’t care who's listed as having a different opinion from mine in an attempt to minimize my input.
Have fun performing with no clothes by the way. I’m still puzzled by that, but I haven’t had my coffee yet.
As a matter of fact my comments have been extremely kind to a fault.
For instance, I didn’t leave a review on Penguin. I also didn’t belabor my thoughts of a refund.
I didn’t point out how easily dislodged the many removable pieces can be.
I mentioned it was bulky, but didn’t make the bandolier comparison that even Marc makes.
I also focused only on the quality of the main part of the item, and didn’t mention the quality of the attachment loops.
I tried to fairly share my impressions, so that others here might make a more informed decision.
I’ll say again, this is probably a fine product for some people, just not me apparently.

Sorry for the confusion...I didn't mean to say that YOU misrepresented the product at all. It was the interview with the creator and the other reviewers I mentioned. It's the purchasers like yourself who give their honest opinion that really answer the questions that weren't offered and make a difference whether to purchase or not so thanks!!!
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Lol oh my am I truly sorry!
That’s exactly why I should avoid the Café until I’m awake and caffeinated.
Apologies!

-Theodore Annemann
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Kinda funny though in retrospect..

-Theodore Annemann
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I think the confusion came in because David quoted 252 in his post. I thought he was referring to 252 as misrepresenting as well and I was caffeinated. 😴
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Marc Lavelle -- when you pop back into this thread, please check your PMs.

Thanks,
Jerry
Elliot Marx
View Profile
New user
Australia
83 Posts

Profile of Elliot Marx
I got this. My thoughts are mixed.

The items received seem relatively sturdy and will last.

The concept is pretty good and different, but you’re ultimately at the mercy of the clothing you choose to perform in.

That said, while I don’t think this will suit everyone, it will definitely be a viable option to consider if having one of these ‘systems’ is important to your end goals. At the end of the day an item like this will ultimately have its opportunity costs, for obvious reasons. The ad copy about pocket space is true, but the sacrifice has to be made elsewhere. You’ll need to make the call as an individual performer, but you WILL need ‘cover’. Definite no if you don’t have adequate clothing cover that will mask the required actions. I will assume for most this won’t be a deal breaker, rather, require some ‘adjustment’.

Will I use this in favour of other known systems? Honestly, I’m unsure.

This isn’t as straightforward as making a decision to slip something into your pockets and do your thing. But then again, I’m not a ‘card worker’. I’m using this for billets.

You’ll need to make the call as to whether pocket space is more important than the commitment of working this system.

I do, however, think this would suit some people very well.

I’d be curious to see what other people think after using it, and comparing to other systems.

Elliot
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Skynet Project by Marc Lavelle (111 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL