The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Card Splitter Jig - Eoin O'Hare (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4031 Posts

Profile of videoman
I don't have time to search right now but there are many posts here on the Café which cover various methods of gluing the layers of card together that are probably worth investigating as well.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
1999 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2019, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Probably talking about his "Card Gaffing Genii" for gluing back together using DMT
https://coolotis.wordpress.com/gaffing-genii/

That's what I was talking about. I never thought of using DMT so I never ventured to making my own gaffed cards.
You could rig something up, but it wouldn't be as near as nice as Todd's Gaffing Genii.

I know Poofdaddy posted the link, but here it is again so you don't have to page back. https://coolotis.wordpress.com/gaffing-genii/
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4563 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I am not in any way wanting to hijack this thread as I love all of the effort and ideas that have been so well made to ease the gaffing process. Eoin has raised the bar for sure. I would have no problem recommending all Eion’s products. Todd’s Card Genii is simply ONE WAY of gluing the final product. Gaffs have been made well for years with a simple manual split and rubber cement.

That said, gaffing is not really a “beginners sport”. Not to say it isn’t easy or not anyone can do it because it is the opposite (once you have the proper tools and directions).
There have been many threads recommending different videos that can be found doing a search in the “Gaffed and Funky” section. Before jumping “all In” and buying a bunch of stuff, I would recommend some research on different ways to gaff. Especially if you are only going to make a few one of a kind for yourself (or maybe you want to make a replacement gaff for “Ace” or “NFW”)

Also there is a FANTASTIC EBOOK on Lybrary that teaches all the basics of using DMT for a “crisper” gaff.
https://www.lybrary.com/the-gaff-factory......750.html

I give this PDF my highest recommendation.

So, as to not hijack the thread, please just respond to me via PM with any questions so folks can get back to reviewing these wonderful “Irish Jigs” (unless Eoin wants to also comment in general as to learning basics before going “all in”.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
dman11
View Profile
Elite user
PA
491 Posts

Profile of dman11
Welp, My card splitter and (free)snaker arrived today and I tested it out with about 15 cards. This thing works perfectly. It's no gimmick, it perfect. Best purchase in a long time.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4031 Posts

Profile of videoman
So why do folks need so many split cards?
I'm not being snitty, I am genuinely curious.

Personally, every few years I may need a few custom gaffs for a packet trick I like to do, but I just order several from Shawn Evans at Mimesis Magic and that lasts me quite a long time. While I'm ordering those I will sometimes have him send me a few single layers of just the backs of a few cards, or put a Bike Joker face on a Phoenix back (sorry, Christian but I hate the Phoenix Jokers) and things such as that.

I may spend 25 or 30 bucks but that is every few years so shelling out the dough for one of these jigs (and then having to make them myself) just seems excessive for my needs.

But I'm sure I'm missing some great use.
Although they do look quite fun to use, to be honest, if I was given one today I have no idea when I might need to actually use it. Probably not for a long time, possibly not ever.

So enlighten me please. I'd just like to know what gaffs people are making up on a regular basis?

www.mimesis-magic.com in case you get tired of DIY.
dman11
View Profile
Elite user
PA
491 Posts

Profile of dman11
Hey Videoman, I do like to make specific double facers I need. But I can also go through a couple Face Off gimmicks in a night. Each one needing 2 or 4 split cards (depending on how you like the gimmick, I personally like the 4 card gimmick best - comes out cleaner for me). When I do them by hand I get some lines in a lot of the cards, not with this.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4031 Posts

Profile of videoman
Thanks dman, that makes sense. I can see how those T&R card routines could burn through a lot of gaffs quickly.
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1417 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
I received Eoin's Corner Splitter, Card Splitter and free Snaker set yesterday. They work perfectly together and the build quality is first class.

I bought the jigs to make T&R gimmicks. Cards can now be split in a fraction of the time it used to take me, and the results are much neater and more reliable than I was ever able to manage by hand.

I have even tried splitting all three card layers and was surprised how easy and effective this is with the jigs.

Highly recommended.

Mike
Tyler Lunsford
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Tyler Lunsford
I purchased all 3 jigs/devices (Corner Splitter, Card Splitter, Snaker)

I just posted a review / demo of all 3 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuT1U0mJwOE&t=1s

I hope this helps! Smile
Magic Mark
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On May 8, 2019, Tyler Lunsford wrote:

I just posted a review / demo of all 3 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuT1U0mJwOE&t=1s

I hope this helps! Smile

Nice video, Tyler. Thanks for sharing!

Mark
tjackson8685
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of tjackson8685
Mike - was there a code you used on the site to get the free snake with the other two purchases?

Thanks.

Quote:
On May 4, 2019, Michael Daniels wrote:
I received Eoin's Corner Splitter, Card Splitter and free Snaker set yesterday. They work perfectly together and the build quality is first class.

I bought the jigs to make T&R gimmicks. Cards can now be split in a fraction of the time it used to take me, and the results are much neater and more reliable than I was ever able to manage by hand.

I have even tried splitting all three card layers and was surprised how easy and effective this is with the jigs.

Highly recommended.

Mike
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1417 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Quote:
On May 22, 2019, tjackson8685 wrote:
Mike - was there a code you used on the site to get the free snake with the other two purchases?

There was no code, but Eoin had it on special offer for a while. It looks like the offer has expired.

Mike
Tyler Lunsford
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Tyler Lunsford
Quote:
On May 8, 2019, Magic Mark wrote:
Quote:
On May 8, 2019, Tyler Lunsford wrote:

I hope this helps! Smile

Nice video, Tyler. Thanks for sharing!

Mark

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for watching! Smile
B.W. McCarron
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, WA USA
237 Posts

Profile of B.W. McCarron
Very cool jig. Now magis can make dbl back and dbl face cards, even with obscure decks. Hmmm. The mental wheels are turning...
tjackson8685
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of tjackson8685
My Corner Splitter, Card Splitter and Snaker are enroute. Eoin was super responsive and shipped immediately. Looking forward to playing with them.
MagicBarMan
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of MagicBarMan
I bought it all, the snaker, corner splitter, and the splitter jig. I love it and am getting a considerably better success rate of splitting. It also makes the splits much cleaner in comparison to tapping the corner down. Highly recommended.
tjackson8685
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of tjackson8685
My full order arrived very quickly. Spent the weekend playing with all three (corner splitter, card splitter and snaker) - very happy with this purchase! Also agree with MagicBarMan on the "cleaner" splits
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Card Splitter Jig - Eoin O'Hare (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL