The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism routine for couples (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nbl
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of nbl
Hi members,

What are suitable effects or routines for couples on stage.
I know Invisible Touch works great but do we have any other ideas or effects?
Eagerly waiting to hear.

REGARDS
NBL
Adam Meier
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Adam Meier
Maybe you can make a routine with the use of a padlock.

Where the couple put something precious for the them into a box, lock the box, and they have to find the right key/combination to open the box. Or one of them put something into the box that mean something for their partner, and the other have to find the right key/combination. And combine it with a motivational or touching script.
Aaron Vlack
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Aaron Vlack
Https://romanticmentalism.blogspot.com/ , this one is a great pdf in the subject.
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2071 Posts

Profile of ddyment
I have always used "Couplet" (from my Idiopraxis book) for this purpose.
Doug Dyment's Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
CurtWaltermire
View Profile
Elite user
Curtis The Mentalist
446 Posts

Profile of CurtWaltermire
I do a routine that I call "Marital Telepathy" where the husband attempts to read the wife's mind. I only use it for married couples, mostly CEOs of companies and their spouses, or private parties, etc. Basically it's a series of funny things that the husband should know about the wife and what she's thinking. Uses an "Instant St**ge" principle in the end; the husband gladly plays along with this and finishes looking like a rock star, yet NOT at the expense of his wife.

I won't share my exact routine here because it's my own piece and I want to keep it that way. Just thinking perhaps it will get creative juices flowing a bit for you to come up with something of your own.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1541 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
There is an excellent version of OOTW on the market entitled Genetics. It features symbols other than playing cards and is designed to work with couples.

George
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1240 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
If you are not opposed to using cards, Atlas Bookings THE CRUSADE can be used.
MindO
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of MindO
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2019, Wravyn wrote:

Agree. If you use your creativity on scripting, it Can be a true romantic miracle. There is NO sleight od Hand involved so you can Focus on presentation. Truly interesting twist on ACAAN . It mat not fool magician or experienced gambler but lay people- for sure
nbl
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of nbl
Thanks!!

I am looking to use a couple of things here for the routine development. Also, love the idea of the spouse playing the role of a mind reader.

Regards
Nbl
Lemniscate
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco Bay Area
2196 Posts

Profile of Lemniscate
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2019, Wravyn wrote:

You can use postcards, pictures, really anything that can be stacked (as in put in a single pile that stays intact, not a specific ordering). Those are more relevant to relationships anyway (in my opinion).
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2072 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
I have a number of effects that I perform with couples but the best by far -- demonstrating the amazing connection they have to each other -- is PK Touch.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
teenagelabotomy42
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of teenagelabotomy42
Using your S.O. as a stooge you can use an effect from Scarne on magic where you predict a number from three randomly selected numbers.
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of The_MetalMaster
Probably more of a magic trick but I get great reaction with Simon Aronson's Two Beginnings when I perform for couples. Could probably perform Great Minds Think Alike from Corinda/Punx too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism routine for couples (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL