The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hypercase (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
395 Posts

Profile of tomcards
Guys,

In 2006, I released The Hypercard Project to considerable acclaim. I still occasionally get orders for it and the gaffs for Son of Hyper-Warp.

While recently doing some Spring cleaning, I discovered a box of empty Bicycle card cases that the USPCC gave me for ordering an obscene amount of gaffs. That got me thinking about hypercards and card cases. I became feverishly inspired and began abusing numerous innocent card cases. I am delighted to announce that I have created the world's first Hypercase!

Soon, you too can learn how create this cool impossible object. I'm writing a PDF that will be called, duh, Hypercase. It will be about 20 pages long, with photographs.

I teach you how to construct a hypercase from a regular Bicycle deck. The one-time construction isn't difficult and takes about 20 minutes. The resultant hypercase is identical in appearance to a regular card case, except for it hypercard back.

I also teach two methods (sleight of hand and gaff) for performing the following effect:

The performer removes the deck from the card case and tables the deck. He holds the card case with its back toward him. Using a pair of scissors, he makes several cuts in the back of the case and covertly manipulates it. He reveals that he has constructed a hypercase. He displays the hypercase to the crowd and allows a participant to poke its interior with her finger to ensure that it’s empty and devoid of subterfuge.

The performer closes the hypercase and stands it upright on its short edge on the table, with its interior facing the crowd.

A participant selects a card which is then lost in the deck. The performer riffles the deck behind the hypercase, causing it to fall forward onto the table. He declares that the participant’s card is no longer in the deck. The participant counts the deck face up onto the table. There are only 51 cards and her card is not among them.

With empty hands, the performer picks up the hypercase. The participant names her card. The performer opens the flap and removes her card from the hypercase. He immediately hands the hypercase to the participant for inspection.

The PDF will sell for $7.00 and will be available only from me. I'm hoping to release it in early May, but we'll see how that goes. I'll keep you posted. Meanwhile, feel free to post any comments or questions, which I'm happy to answer.

Thanks,

Tom Frame
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
395 Posts

Profile of tomcards
Guys,

I thought I was done writing Hypercase. But since I created this card case conundrum and began playing with it, ideas have flowed like a crimson current from a severed artery. The final PDF will span about 30 pages.

The hypercase can now be examined before and after you perform "Card to Hypercase."

A previously vanished object can now be produced from the empty hypercase before performing "Card to Hypercase."

I recently quit my "real" job as a psychotherapist and clinical supervisor for one agency and accepted a similar position at another agency, for an obscene salary increase. The gig begins on 5/6. My celebration of this move will delay further writing, and possibly result in my hospitalization or incarceration.

My beloved wife and photographer, Jan, will be off raising hell for the next two weekends, so she can't shoot me, despite her ongoing threat to kill me while I sleep.

Thus, I'm now hoping to release Hypercase in late May.

Stay tuned...
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Very cool sounding. Love Hypercard. When I had an office job I always had one sitting on my desk for people to wonder over while we talked.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
You could watch my Profil on Instagram fairmagic5876 there you could find incredible stuff of those things .
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Is the hypercard project still available?
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
395 Posts

Profile of tomcards
Hi Eric,

Yes, I have a few copies of The Hypercard Project. It sells for $25.00 + $7.00 domestic S&H. Send a check or money order to Tom Frame 527A 21st Ave. San Francisco, CA 94121. I also accept PayPal orders at tomframe1@comcast.net

My "Son of Hyper-Warp" effect comes with a 12-card starter packet of gaffed red, Maiden-back Bicycle cards.

Thanks for your interest in my work.

Cheers,

Tom
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
395 Posts

Profile of tomcards
Guys,

The wonderful Rosie Rings is currently laying out Hypercase. Once I receive it, I’ll make the final edits and it will be done. I hope to release it before the end of June.

Stay tuned…

Thanks,

Tom
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
395 Posts

Profile of tomcards
Guys,

I’m pleased to announce that Hypercase is completed and available for purchase. The PDF is 22 pages long, with 43 photographs.

It sells for $7.00. You can Paypal the funds to me at tomframe1@comcast.net

Enjoy!

Tom
Jonathan1000
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of Jonathan1000
I'm so excited to learn how to buy Hypercase. I only wish I had some idea what it does...
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals." -- Homer Simpson
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
395 Posts

Profile of tomcards
Jonathan,

I already described what it does. What is unclear?

Tom
Jonathan1000
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of Jonathan1000
[quote]On Jun 5, 2019, tomcards wrote:
Jonathan,
I already described what it does. What is unclear?

Sorry, Tom. My bad.
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals." -- Homer Simpson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hypercase (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL