The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Know your audience (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15737 Posts

Profile of tommy
I was just wondering if a mentalist could use facial recognition camera tech for cold readings. I guess one could pretend to do some sort of biometric magic.

Notions of what one can do with biometrics have gripped the popular imagination for some time now and by way of exaggeration, one can create illusions of extraordinary things.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8506 Posts

Profile of funsway
As an illusion is false representation of a real thing,
would not the false representation of an 'other than ordinary' thing be a phantom?

Just joking, but any use of an electronic device in conjuring or mental based effects sorta kills any idea of magic for me.
Catering to "popular imagination" is even a bigger off-put.

Would it not be easier to just interact with live people and develop physiognomy reading skills the old fashion ways?

This might appeal to some, however - so a worthy question to ponder. How one measures "popular imagination" for one thing.
Since it is documented than most people lie in social media posts, how can one know what they imagine, believe or know?

I will agree that pointing a smart phone at people might get some reaction. The Chinese and marketing monitors may be amused at any rate.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15737 Posts

Profile of tommy
An illusion is a distortion of the truth and so is not a complete lie. A delusion can be a complete lie.

I have not given it much thought but I do know that a lot of the regulars at our joint use our facebook page and so I think it would not be hard for a magician to get to know the regulars quite well before he arrived to perform there.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4714 Posts

Profile of landmark
Here you go:

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15737 Posts

Profile of tommy
Thank you. That is not the way I was thinking of presenting the knowledge but still. I was thinking of presenting an advanced tech device that could read your tea leaves etcetera.

Tommy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15737 Posts

Profile of tommy
The lost art of tea-leaf reading has been given a new lease on life with the first ever iPhone application that gives viewers the meaning of a tea-leaf pattern on their screen.

https://desktopmag.com.au/news/tea-leaf-......or-that/

With my specs, I can not only read but see the future.

Not to mention the past. Smile

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Know your audience (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL