The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Coinless Okito Box Routines. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chucklerich
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of chucklerich
In my reading here, I have often seen people say there are other uses for the Okito box besides using them with coins. I would appreciate some examples or video links so I can know what else can be done with this fun little prop. Perhap something to surprise those expecting a coin trick?
The Gold Coin
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of The Gold Coin
I'm also really curious. What goes in the box? Or is the inside left empty?
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have a wooden Boston Box in which I keep a finger ring, plus a second matching ring for several effects.

Once the box is accepted as a normal prop, I have used it for billet switches.

Paired with a collapsible cup it can hold pills/beads for many effects.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
What is an Okito box in the eyes of a person seeing it for the first time? A round metal (usually) container. You can define the purpose of it. What fits in it? Coins, a special ring, a pill, a jewel, earrings, a small keepsake. You decide.

On L&L’s TT dvd, Paul Diamond describes the TT as a receptacle you can put things in to do pretty tricks. A coin box is the same. What can you put in it? What tricks can you do? What do the tricks demonstrate? Penetration, transposition, transformation, what?

I use coins, but that’s me.

Use what makes a good performance for you.

Patrick
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
As I understand it, the box is derived from a pill box, and in fact, you can still Google image search "metal pill box," and find similar looking containers.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Poker chips, folded signed cards, predictions, etc.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Coinless Okito Box Routines. (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL