The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Sankey Sanders Sessions Reviewed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Yes he has. Now...can my question be answered?
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Can you prove it please. Thanks.
Yours,

Ivan
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Just with one effect?

To start off with....Killer Key. Not his, never has been his, and he renamed it and put his name on it.

Man...I didn't want this to get into a flame war....I just wanted my question answered.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Is that all? WOW!!!!!! Great Job!
Yours,

Ivan
PasteboardPlayer
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of PasteboardPlayer
Quote:
On 2004-06-02 17:22, Astinus wrote:
Just with one effect?

To start off with....Killer Key. Not his, never has been his, and he renamed it and put his name on it.

Man...I didn't want this to get into a flame war....I just wanted my question answered.

Quote:
On 2004-06-02 17:42, niva wrote:
Is that all? WOW!!!!!! Great Job!

I am not saying Sankey stole anything.... But Niva, are you saying that it is ok that Sankey sold "Killer Key" (I assume you do not disagree with Astinus' post that this may have been stolen)? Seems that your sarcastic response is basically saying "Well, its only one effect, no biggie...."
Maybe you can ellaborate a little more on your response....
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Quote:
On 2004-06-02 17:22, Astinus wrote:

What did you expect? In your first post you clearly stated that “Sankey is know for “ripping off” other peoples effects and renaming them for his own use, and making money off them.”

Then you go on to ask, “Is this the case with this DVD? Or is it somewhat original?”

The only way to answer your question is to presuppose that your first statement is fact and to come to the conclusion that the DVD is or is not full of original material or stuff that has been ripped off.

I completely understand you not liking Sankey or his material; everyone has his or her favorite magician including me.

But given the limited context of your statement and question you must expect that a debate would ensue.

Your statement and question leaves no other alternative for someone to respond, without first coming to the conclusion if indeed he is a rip off or not (highly debatably).

Only then can your question be answered about the material provided on DVD in question.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
PasteboardPlayer, first of all, astinus said: "PasteboardPlayer". That makes you assume this guy has a lot of rip-pffs on the market. So I was expecting abbout at least three rip-offs put out by Sankey.

Secondly, There is a thread on Killer Key here on the Magic Café, where someone had emailed Sankey himself to ask about this. Sankey said that he was not aware of another effect that is the same, and he came up with his on his own. I don't call that a rip-off.

Thirdly. Why would Sankey want to put out rip-offs with all the material he has on the market? I laugh when I think about it. First you say he puts out a lot of material, and then that he rips off effects.

Astinus, sorry to say this, but you are not that believable. In another post you said that Sankey released another DVD out when in fact it was a rerelease on DVD of one of his early videos. A little research or reading of the ad would have shown the truth.

One must do a little research before saying anything that could damage anyone's reputation. This is in no way constructive criticism.
Yours,

Ivan
solidglint
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
212 Posts

Profile of solidglint
Jay Sankey must get a kick out of the publicity generated by jealous members of the magic fraternity. Granted I don't like all of his effects, the effects and sleights I do like have served me well. I am not a working magician, mostly I perform out of pure enjoyment and love for magic.

His effects are fun to perform and visualy stimulating 'eye candy' to quote Lee Earle. This probably due to Jay's previous career in advertising.
I like his informal approach to Magic and think that besides his whacky sense of humour, he realy has a deep respect for the 'goddess magic'.
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
I think Sander's Hardcore Packet effect is worth the price of the dvd set.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Sankey Sanders Sessions Reviewed (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL