The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Dry Mount Gaffing (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ancientmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Tucson AZ
112 Posts

Profile of ancientmagic
Hey Everyone,

A question for those of you who have tried Dry Mount Gaffing. I purchased Craig Matsuoka's excellent book, Gaff Factory, a long time ago. I purchased all the tools and materials he gave in the book. However, my question is this, for those of you who have made double face gaffs using dry mounting paper, did you find that with very little light exposure you had a lot of bleed through? Double backers no problem but double face gaffs show the other side with very little light. I was thinking of trying another type of dry mount paper. But just wondered if any of you have any advice or the same experience.

Thanks,
John
"In victory you deserve champagne…in defeat you need it!" –Napoleon Bonaparte
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
1918 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Sounds like you're using two "thin" / single layers when you make your DF'ers.
Cards have 3 layers. Depending on how you split them, the middle will stay with either the face or the back of the card.
For your double facers I'd use one split each way so you'd have the more opaque middle layer present.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Dry Mount Gaffing (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL