The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Best Magician ever (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
GypsyPirate
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of GypsyPirate
David Blaine got me interested in magic in the first place. He is certainly not the most skilled, but he pulls off his image and character so well, that it makes up for it. He is a genius for taking to television and making famous the basic tricks that we have been doing for years and years (when I say "we," I mean magicians in general. I have only been in it for 2 or 3 years). I think he gets a lot of rap from fellow magicians because they think, "Why the heck didn't I think of that? I can do THAT!!"

I don't like his stunts though.
Magic Mark

"How'd you do that?" ... "Very carefully."
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14032 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2004-05-18 18:15, MagicChris wrote:
David Blaine caused renewed interest in our art. The "character" he and Paul Harris created for him was perfect for out times!!

OK. I'm game. Had no idea about Paul Harris's involvement, other than contributing effects. Could you explain further?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11912 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
How about Mac King? This is because I have tickets (part of a package) to see him in Vegas in July:)
TheHungryMagician
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of TheHungryMagician
What Andy said is right. The best magician is not one of us, but all of us working together as a team.
Best is an adjective with an unclear definition. Let's get a good criteria.
Fill out this form and post it:

Best Magicians At:

Publicity :
Skill :
Influence on the magic community :
Influence on the lay community :
Presentation :
Creating Effects :
Teaching others :
Your personal favorite :

The organizer of chaos,
The Hungry Magician
Forever starving,
Smile Hungry Smile
Twisted_Reality
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Twisted_Reality
Hes not my fav.. but criss angel did win magician of the year twice....that counts for something... but then again - they didn't have these competitions..

what about lennart green?
Of course I can float, - can i borrow a jet pack from the audience please?
realfake magic
View Profile
New user
indonesia
13 Posts

Profile of realfake magic
The best magician is a mentalist... he's name is DEDDY CORBUZIER. He always amazed people... That's what magician should do, right?
Mr Amazeo
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazeo
A whole lot of great one's have already been mentioned. I'd like to add Flosso to the list. If you ever get a chance to see the video of him doing the misers dream, you'll have a new appreciation for slight of hand.
prospero
View Profile
Special user
Elsewhere
572 Posts

Profile of prospero
Banachek, Vernon, currently Paul Wilson, maybe.
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1159 Posts

Profile of Banachek
Platt, no stooge, I promise, and my kids life I was there. You may have to re-think that effect if it was that good you think Stooge.

As for greatest, thanks prospero but I think I am way down on the list somewhere, there are so many greats out there. In mentalism you have Jeff & Tessa as a two person team, the best I have seen or ever think there was. And illusionists you have Copperfield who is alive and probably the best ever despite what some think of his current show. Those who have ever seen Penn & Tellers live show (goldfish production, shadow rose) might want to give them the nod for comedy drama show. Vernon for card work, Slydini for close up.

There are so many areas it really would be hard to list them all. But maybe fun to try. Might be easier to list the top 100 magicians of all time.
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts

Profile of andre combrinck
Dai Vernon to me was the greatest magician-because of his inventions and making all moves/sleights easier and believable.Michael Ammar for being the modern Tarbell.Paul Harris for the greatest visual magic.Richard Osterlind for being himself.Tommy Wonder-His effects are amazing,but some of them to envolved with complicated apparatus-though nothing could look more like real magic.David Copperfield for elevating the art more than Houdini.Blaine for the same reason.
But all in all Dai Vernon-You were and always will be the MAN.
Andre
sniper1
View Profile
Veteran user
malta eu
343 Posts

Profile of sniper1
In my opinion I am the greatest magician of all time
THE MOST CRAZY MAGICIAN ON THE MALTESE ISLANDS
#1magician
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of #1magician
I would probably say David Coperfield for stage, and Brad Christian for street.
i dont call 911, i simpily perform the bullet catch and than point the bullet at them and ask if they care to try.
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Time to restart this.

Vernon

Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Stevie Starr...I have always considered in a realm beyond magic as we know it.

He is [IMHO] the most amazing performer I have ever seen.

If you are unfamiliar with him, here are a couple of video links to...ahem...whet your appetite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDEIYflt6IA

http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/just_p......e_Starr/

Traditional magical performers that I have had the pleasure of watching perform in person...that I feel fall in the category of great: Richiardi; Blackstone, Jr.; Rene Levand; and Frank Garcia.

Rich
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
I guess each generation has their heroes. Devant used to be a superstar.
Cards never lie
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
1999 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Houdini - He is still fooling people 80 some years later...
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
I think that Houdini was a better answer than mine.

Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
Darth Ewok
View Profile
Loyal user
Greeneville TN
228 Posts

Profile of Darth Ewok
I think I may be the only magician who really dislikes Houdini. He wasn't that good at actual magic, and he did everything he could to hurt other magicians.
my real name is Kevin Harrison

http://www.myspace.com/magicalclerk
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Well, my prejudice for the Blackstones is well known. But that aside, based on all I've read on these forums, the world's greatest magician is 14 years of age or younger, been in magic maybe a whole 5 years, tops, or less, and has released at least 50 e-books and 500 instructional videos on YouTube. Of course there are so many of those, it's hard to pick one.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Considering I never saw Houdini perform, other than in a clip here or there, I couldn't say whether he was any good at magic or not. I know what others have said, but his name is still synonymous with magic over 80 years after his death, so he must've done something right.

I certainly couldn't narrow the list down to "the one". Almost everyone mentioned so far would be up there, though.... Notice I said, "Almost." Smile
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Best Magician ever (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL