The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Blank-backed Joker (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1249 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Are there any gaff or regular decks that include this?

I need a blank-backed Joker for an effect I'm working on, and am trying to think if the gaff I need is included in a gaff or regular deck that might already be in my collection.

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3045 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Since it is just a Joker, it might make a funnier bit to have you go looking in the deck for a joker, and not finding one, but finding a blank-both-sides card, draw a joker on one side. It can be just a smiley face with a funny hat and the word Joker printed under his face. If the audience is supposed to think it has a back, use roughing fluid on the blank back so you can attach it to a random card just to be able to show the hand drawn Joker has a back.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1249 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Thanks for contributing. But unfortunately for the effect I'm doing I need the face to be an actual Joker, and a hand-drawn card won't work, because it must look like a normal card, not like a potential gaff.

Furthermore, starting with a card that's blank on both sides will kill the effect I have in mind, because the first time I show the blank side of the card it is intended to generate real surprise.

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4642 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Phoenix comes with a blank back joker http://www.card-shark.de/iphone/showitem......rtID=112
As well as bicycle blank back decks (some have 2).
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1623
Just depends on your deck preference.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
sandromagic
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of sandromagic
And you can make one by splitting a regular one and a blank card.If you have some rubber cement in hand it's very easy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Blank-backed Joker (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL