The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Skymember Presents: Project Polaroid by Julio Montoro and Finix Chan (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On May 3, 2019, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On May 3, 2019, dooblehorn wrote:
All the Polaroid pictures I’ve ever seen are square shaped...unless this is from a new polaroid camera that prints a rectangular photo?

I've used the Fuji Instax mini film for a few years. They have a pocket printer similar to the HP Sprocket.
The film is credit card sized. Like what they use for the photos that SEO Magic sells such as Rainbow by Higar.
It is rectangular.

https://instax.com/mini9/en

Ah, ok, thanks!
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On May 3, 2019, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Quote:
On May 3, 2019, Alex DLF wrote:

I actually received the product Project Polaroid so I can compare and tell you that the method is really similar

So it's 'really similar' but not exactly the same. Are you looking to be credited or to get a part of their profits?

I would have liked to be involved in this project since they took the concept out of my Frame, and put it on a Polaroid. They can’t even show both sides of the polaroid, while you can have a signed card on the other side of the gimmick in Frame.

Sebastien calbry contacted me for Badgé because he wanted to make things right, and we put the trick out together.

Skymember didn’t even contact me, they took the concept, made money out of it. Integrity is unfortunately not the priority for everyone :/
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
342 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Alex, respectfully the method for this trick is sufficient enough to justify its own release. I do know how the frame effect works- the method is different I believe? Polaroid face can be touched afterwards and felt it is normal (frame you cannot), and it makes more sense on a Polaroid. Interestingly, the method of this effect is more like victor sanz ink a change rather than frame
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Looks good, but...

I think with a natural object, people wanna hold it and interact with it...

Are there items with this that let you sw##%h or is the gimmick p#lm@ble?
I've asked to be banned
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On May 4, 2019, Fatgumbo wrote:
Alex, respectfully the method for this trick is sufficient enough to justify its own release. I do know how the frame effect works- the method is different I believe? Polaroid face can be touched afterwards and felt it is normal (frame you cannot), and it makes more sense on a Polaroid. Interestingly, the method of this effect is more like victor sanz ink a change rather than frame

As I said, I OWN Project polaroid, that’s why I’m saying that the method are highly similar. Polaroid can’t be touched after the change. How can you say methods are different without having the actual product ? I OWN Project Polaroid and I’m the creator of Frame so I think I can compare.
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Wait, you can't show both sides of the Polaroid? Like IAIN says, it would be a plus to not have the heat on after the change. It can be managed I'm sure, but bummer.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
When it comes to visual magic, Julio is a beast. I saw him live performing candy magic and a triumph trick that is just insane.

Polaroid looks like a visual, practical and fun effect to perform! I wish him the best since he really deserve it!

After his Bill change comes Polaroid, this guys is on fire.

I'm in!

Olivier Boës
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
342 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Quote:
On May 4, 2019, Alex DLF wrote:
Quote:
On May 4, 2019, Fatgumbo wrote:

As I said, I OWN Project polaroid, that’s why I’m saying that the method are highly similar. Polaroid can’t be touched after the change. How can you say methods are different without having the actual product ? I OWN Project Polaroid and I’m the creator of Frame so I think I can compare.

After watching the trailer again, it seems like the method is actually same as frame, not sure whether the Polaroid will withstand moderate scrutiny at all, gimmick seems better camouflaged on a playing card.

That being said, I hope it does not rely on a certain sticky material in order to facilitate the change, I find it isn’t too reliable in performance
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On May 4, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Looks good, but...

I think with a natural object, people wanna hold it and interact with it...

Are there items with this that let you sw##%h or is the gimmick p#lm@ble?

Agree.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
kebmo3108
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
115 Posts

Profile of kebmo3108
Would make an amazing reveal for Skynet, Think of any card,...... then pop it out of a polaroid !
No heat on the gimmick

Not sure if the load is easy enough to do that....
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Thx for that idea Kebmo! I’ve got the system down and would like something besides bag reveal.
magicmenday
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of magicmenday
Regarding the Photos, these are now very common.
I have one of these cameras and my daughter has one of these
cameras and they both use Fuji film of the same
type used by Higar in his fabulous releases. I have never had the
photos questioned at all. I carry them in a plastic wallet together with a photo
of my son and daughter.

This project looks interesting
Rooster
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Rooster
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Could you see the gimmick in the close up situation ? Or it more suitable for parlor effect ?
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
You can use it close up to show them and have them rub the photo with their index finger to show it's real. I wouldn't hand it out until after with a s*****. Rooster was right on with his review. The accent didn't bother me until into the video when it came to building extra gimmicks. It is disappointing to not have the Rubik's cube photo as in the trailer.
Rooster
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Rooster
Quote:
On May 15, 2019, indomagic wrote:
Could you see the gimmick in the close up situation ? Or it more suitable for parlor effect ?

In normal close-up performance situations and with the correct spectator handling, such as you would for most gimmicks of this nature(it’s kind of tricky explaining without exposing), you will be fine. Basically if you’ve got the grips of basic spectator management you’ll be fine.
Rooster
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Rooster
Quote:
On May 16, 2019, MagicBrent wrote:
You can use it close up to show them and have them rub the photo with their index finger to show it's real. I wouldn't hand it out until after with a s*****. Rooster was right on with his review. The accent didn't bother me until into the video when it came to building extra gimmicks. It is disappointing to not have the Rubik's cube photo as in the trailer.

Thanks a lot! Yes my routing (as mentioned in the review) is much like the dog/cat switch. In this situation the heat is more on the spec, so most don’t feel the need to check the gimmick after. But the way the gimmick is set up I can have them feel the photo both before and after if they wish.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Rooster,

Thank you very much for your review. Did you discuss the durability and fragile nature of the gimmick? If so, I apologize. I watched your review but may have missed it.
Thank you.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
My review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyE2HdWsCOU&lc=

Plus - you can see that ALEX DLF is credited at 4:23 (Along with Will Tsai, Jason Yu, and Masuda)

PEACE
Rooster
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Rooster
Quote:
On May 16, 2019, magicinsight wrote:
Rooster,

Thank you very much for your review. Did you discuss the durability and fragile nature of the gimmick? If so, I apologize. I watched your review but may have missed it.
Thank you.
Michael

Many thanks! I did touch on it briefly upon discussing the main aspect in the making of the gimmicks. Basically they’re durable to an extent. They will have a shelf life depending on usage, but you do get a lot of extra “stuff” to rebuild if needs be(plus it’s easy to find online). I keep one in my phone for impromptu performances and two in my JOL wallet for work, so they’re fine so long as kept safe and not man handled Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Skymember Presents: Project Polaroid by Julio Montoro and Finix Chan (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL