The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Extreme Burn original performance ideas? (Not Methods) (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
568 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Hello everyone!

I have recently decided to toss EB by Richard Sanders back into my act. For those not familiar I'll post a performance of it below. I want to come up with some kind of presentation idea for this. I want to avoid the classic "This is how magicians make money" plots. If anyone has seen any unique performances involving bill changes to draw inspiration from, I would love to see it!

Every bill change I have ever seen usually has the same patter. I also will be changing from $1s to $100s then back again. How do I justify the changing them back? So many questions haha HMMMMMM.........

Extreme Burn Silent Performance
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxFxxpOhy7G/

The way I am performing it now is as follows:

"I once had someone steal my wallet because they knew I was carrying $500 with me. So I have started disguising my money. Anytime I want I can change the denomination. OR change it back when I need to put it away."
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21941 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The silent video does not help as we cannot get any idea of what your personality is, and the showing of the effect becomes meaningless. Hard to suggest something for a silent performer.

I was going to suggest you change the bills back, because you notice the spectators eyes getting bigger, as they stare at my money hundred dollar bills. Act nervous change the bills back to ones.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1687 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Sent a pm
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
568 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Quote:
On May 6, 2019, Bill Hegbli wrote:
The silent video does not help as we cannot get any idea of what your personality is, and the showing of the effect becomes meaningless. Hard to suggest something for a silent performer.

I was going to suggest you change the bills back, because you notice the spectators eyes getting bigger, as they stare at my money hundred dollar bills. Act nervous change the bills back to ones.

The video was intended to show what Extreme Burn is in case you didn’t know. I posted this topic before and people kept suggesting bill switch methods which was not what I wanted. I was after performance ideas.

If you want a look at my personality, check out obrienmagic on YouTube. I have a ton of performance videos there.
hawkbird
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of hawkbird
One method I use is ask a spectator to borrow four $1 and you will show him or her how a magician changes them into 4 larger bills! Once given the 4 ones fold them like the prepared packet in your pocket! Once folded place them in the pocket behind the prepared pack and say now off to my accountant and I'll be back in 6 mos. lol. Just kidding! Bring back out your pack and do the routine! When you change them back to ones tell spec. now you will go on vacation and put them in your pocket patting your pocket! Then smile and come back out with their bills and tell them you can't expect them to pay for your vacation! Just one you may could use along the lines! Hope it helps! hb:)
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
568 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Yes that sounds like a fun idea! Borrowing the bills sounds interesting! The 2.0 has a handout method so I could easily do that!
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Sunny Orlando
882 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Greg Wilson and Karl Hein put out a project called Switchcraft. It used Hundy and Heiny 500, but the ideas can EASILY be applied to EB
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
568 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Great suggestion as well!

I came up with something I think will work. Maybe? Haha I show my $500 and borrow $5 from a spectator. I place the $100s into their wallet. I then change the $1s into $100s and show that they now have the $1s in their wallet. So like a transposition type deal.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1687 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, obrienmagic wrote:
Great suggestion as well!

I came up with something I think will work. Maybe? Haha I show my $500 and borrow $5 from a spectator. I place the $100s into their wallet. I then change the $1s into $100s and show that they now have the $1s in their wallet. So like a transposition type deal.

Sounds interesting. Look forward to hearing how it plays for you.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2459 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Can Extreme Burn Locked and Loaded switch back OR are you locked after one transformation ?
Long Island,

New York
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1687 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On May 12, 2019, Expertmagician wrote:
Can Extreme Burn Locked and Loaded switch back OR are you locked after one transformation ?

It can switch back.
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
568 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Quote:
On May 12, 2019, Expertmagician wrote:

The gimmick functions exactly the same way whether or not you have locked and loaded. Having L&L just means the hidden bills after the change won’t drop out. If you own the original version you should understand what I mean.
James927
View Profile
Regular user
Nor Cal
145 Posts

Profile of James927
A little of topic as to new ways to perform but I noticed today that the US Post Office is selling 'The Art of Magic' stamps. Both the Post Office clerk and I had such a great time when I 'was forced' to use a little magic to change my ones to twenties in order to pay for the magic stamps.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I obsess over my Extreme Burn make up. Currently I am using white Tyvek paper that I have printed the words “flash cash” on. I explain that I have trouble borrowing money for tricks because no one carries cash anymore, including me. Have you seen this, it’s flash cash, it’s very big in Europe (or whatever place you think is funny to say) It comes in several denominations and then if need actual money it changes with a flip (I usually flick once or twice and feign frustration before it “works”). This also works when just paying for something and I ask the vendor if they take flash cash.
1. I have done 1 to 100s. People obviously respond to seeing 500 dollars. It was hard for me not to have the amount of cash I was holding overshadow the magic, maybe just me. Of course it also was a lot of money to tie up in a trick.
2. I have used several things as my starter bills, low denomination currency, blank sheets of paper, specially printed Monopoly money to match the size of US currency. I find it is helpful if the original stack is something curious to look at as it draws attention from the beginning of the trick. That is why I settled (for now) on “Flash Cash”.
3. I use tyvek cause it lasts longer than paper.
4. I use mixed denominations for my “change to” stack. It goes along with my suggestion that the flash cash is of different denominations, I can put a 100 in for show and a few twenty’s to actually pay for something and hand to a vendor
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
568 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2019, Xcath1 wrote:
I obsess over my Extreme Burn make up. Currently I am using white Tyvek paper that I have printed the words “flash cash” on. I explain that I have trouble borrowing money for tricks because no one carries cash anymore, including me. Have you seen this, it’s flash cash, it’s very big in Europe (or whatever place you think is funny to say) It comes in several denominations and then if need actual money it changes with a flip (I usually flick once or twice and feign frustration before it “works”). This also works when just paying for something and I ask the vendor if they take flash cash.
1. I have done 1 to 100s. People obviously respond to seeing 500 dollars. It was hard for me not to have the amount of cash I was holding overshadow the magic, maybe just me. Of course it also was a lot of money to tie up in a trick.
2. I have used several things as my starter bills, low denomination currency, blank sheets of paper, specially printed Monopoly money to match the size of US currency. I find it is helpful if the original stack is something curious to look at as it draws attention from the beginning of the trick. That is why I settled (for now) on “Flash Cash”.
3. I use tyvek cause it lasts longer than paper.
4. I use mixed denominations for my “change to” stack. It goes along with my suggestion that the flash cash is of different denominations, I can put a 100 in for show and a few twenty’s to actually pay for something and hand to a vendor

Great points! Yeah I have noticed too that the $500 does tend to overshadow the magic a tad bit. The actions are great but by the end of it they just want youth give away the money haha
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Extreme Burn original performance ideas? (Not Methods) (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL