The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "The Watch" by Joao Miranda (93 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Please read and watch the instructions again... you can wear it as your "normal" and daily watch... you just have to do something to get it ready for a performance... and it is easy. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Anybody happen to know replacement strap size?
jnork
View Profile
Regular user
Jason Christopher
176 Posts

Profile of jnork
Dooblehorn, Just go to a jeweler. I did. Honestly, the band is not great on the watch so I went out to replace it, pretty much immediately. They have tons of options at a local jeweler from $15 to $150. If there is not one close to you, go to a flea market. If that doesn't help, I believe if you just measure the width of the band at the top (where it connects to the watch), you can find replacements online.

Jason
Yours in Magic!
Jason
Bernhard
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Bernhard
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2019, Bernhard wrote:
Unfortunately, Joao Miranda could not answer my request until yet.
The cover of my the watch is so loose that the cover almost falls out alone. in the beginning it was a bit better together, but with the fingernails I could open the lid quite easily. Lately I put the clock on the table and when I took the clock again fell the lid and battery out ...this was a little shocking for me. For example the infinity watch has a metal screw lid and that is very good!

The second problem concerns the remote control. There is a hot splice in the remote control broken so you could not press the buttons because the board was loose and gave way...

Any updated reviews or feedback?

luckily I have been able to fix both flaws, and now everything is fine.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Jason, yeah the steel link band is not so easy to adjust...I'll just go the jeweler route...thanks!
MF Tom
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of MF Tom
Hey Guys,

We have a few Chrome Watches on Sale for a special price today its only 347 USD instead of 450 USD.

It's available at: https://tinyurl.com/y2ce34cm

Cheers!

Tom.
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
441 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
After several requests the watch battery is available at the accessories page in my website:

http://www.joaomiranda.com/store/index.p......t_id=112
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Nice sale Tom. Just ordered one. Love my Turner but need a remote
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Yes great deal!
mossymanmo
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of mossymanmo
I don't know if others will like this routine, however it goes over very well and works for me.
I have a small pencil in my pocket along with the remote and a pad. When I'm told the special time by the spectator I go into my pocket, set the remote then write the chosen time on the pad making it fairly obvious that I'm doing this. The watch in the meantime is face down and a distance away. I don't call attention to it and it isn't noticed. I take the pad out from my pocket with the time they selected written on it. After they call me out on this I direct them to the watch and ask them to turn it over and look at the time. I explain that I knew what time they would select and set the watch to that time hours ago.
Doing the bit with the pad gives me an excuse to go to my pocket to set the remote.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Crap! Just saw that Hocus has all models on sale today for $225! Crazy deal. Now I wish I had waited 2 more days before ordering!
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1526 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2019, emyers99 wrote:
Crap! Just saw that Hocus has all models on sale today for $225! Crazy deal. Now I wish I had waited 2 more days before ordering!

I received the Hocus-Pocus Daily Deal email too. When I went to the site, only the Chrome Classic was on sale for $225. The other two models were available at regular price ($450), NOT on sale.

Happily, the Chrome Classic is the one I wanted anyway. Smile Besides, the band can be replaced with a leather band if I want.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Mine won’t calibrate. I tried 9010 and followed all the steps. Still not working. I even tried all the calibration steps a few times. Not even close. Thoughts?
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
441 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2019, emyers99 wrote:
Mine won’t calibrate. I tried 9010 and followed all the steps. Still not working. I even tried all the calibration steps a few times. Not even close. Thoughts?

Email us please with a video: orders@joaomiranda.com

We get back to you.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Will do. Thanks.
MarianoG
View Profile
Veteran user
SPAIN
336 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
Is this what happens when the Turner watch is performed on TV?

https://youtu.be/RzBL55Y6bdo?t=2563
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
441 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2019, MarianoG wrote:

That might happen because of the faraday cage effect: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage

It is a issue that we solved with my watch due to a custom made lid that allows the radio waves to pass thru a small and invisible gap at the side.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:

This truly hurts
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Oh,no!!!
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2019, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:

This truly hurts

One should be aware that the exact same thing can happen with "The Watch" as well. Hence a good lesson learnt is, continue your talk/patter for at least 10 seconds from the time the signal has been sent to your 'Turner'/'The Watch'.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "The Watch" by Joao Miranda (93 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL