The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "The Watch" by Joao Miranda (85 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15
MarianoG
View Profile
Loyal user
SPAIN
235 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
12 seconds pass since he calls the time. hmmm
mentaldiego
View Profile
New user
Spain
63 Posts

Profile of mentaldiego
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2019, MarianoG wrote:
Is this what happens when the Turner watch is performed on TV?

https://youtu.be/RzBL55Y6bdo?t=2563

this could happen for several reasons

the battery of the clock does not have enough charge and courren these things

interference from other elements such as other phones with the wifi plugged in

unsuitable distance between the transmitter and the clock

My advice is to change the battery when it is at half capacity
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5583 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:

12 seconds pass since he calls the time. hmmm

Nice observation! Smile After the time has been called out, it takes time to physically input the time by the performer/accomplice. Right? Smile

The time required by both make of watches to adjust to their new time is from 0.5 seconds to 10 seconds. This depends on the venue one is performing + other factors. And that's the reason I mentioned in my previous post:-

Quote:
On Sep 29, 2019, Ustaad wrote:

Hence a good lesson learnt is, continue your talk/patter for at least 10 seconds from the time the signal has been sent to your 'Turner'/'The Watch'.

Creators of such watches must inform the owners of such time lag. Joao Miranda clearly mentions about the time lag giving due reasons, but not the Turner team. I have written a lot about the time lag with reasons.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
mentaldiego
View Profile
New user
Spain
63 Posts

Profile of mentaldiego
If I could go back, I would buy THE WATCH without a doubt, although I have TW and it has never happened to me
MarianoG
View Profile
Loyal user
SPAIN
235 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
Sources say the battery was replaced for a full one that evening.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1123 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
Sources say the battery was replaced for a full one that evening.

Clearly this was done with an accomplice. The problem is - with both watches - the accomplice would get the notification. But how does it communicate it back?
Both watches notify when the time is sent successfully
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4153 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2019, paperinick wrote:

Both watches notify when the time is sent successfully

Just to clarify, the T watch ONLY notifies that the time has been SENT successfully (the green check mark) but there is NO notification that the signal has been received by the watch and that the watch hands have moved to the chosen time.

One beautiful improvement with Miranda's watch is that you get a notification that the watch hands have successfully changed to the chosen time and it is now safe to reveal the watch face. This is a huge improvement that provides much welcomed peace of mind.

FYI, if anyone is interested in Miranda's watch mine is for sale here:
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......c=701217
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1123 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
but there is NO notification that the signal has been received by the watch

I believe that the green checkmark means that the watch has RECEIVED the message. With Bluetooth this is kind of automatic as the phone - and about this I am pretty sure - also asks for an ACK message back (which if I remember well returns the time as reported by the phone).
The problem is, which is common to both devices when you employ an accomplice, how does the accomplice communicate back to the performer that all is square?
P.S. I don't have Miranda's watch, but I wouldn't be surprised if under the cover it uses BT as well as off the shelves components are very common. That's my speculation.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4153 Posts

Profile of videoman
I'm not a techie so all I can tell you is that with my T watch, I ALWAYS get a green checkmark, even when I look and see that the watch hands have not moved. The watch could be on the other side of the world with it's battery removed and I will still get a green check. I would be curious for others to try this with the watch way out of range of the signal.

IMO, NK has tried to imply that the green check means transmission received and have actually been very successful at it as probably 99% of owners believe that is what it means. But after much testing as well as reading their wording very carefully I have come to believe it only means that the signal was successfully SENT. I may be wrong as I am certainly no expert in these matters but I don't believe the watch sends any return signal back to your phone, at least not one the app recognizes, but that could always change perhaps with future updates.
jugagien
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of jugagien
Joao
I emailed you a few times but you haven't responded back. I'm not sure if it's my spam filter or what not.
This is cheedann@msu.edu.

My red wire in my battery came loose a week after I got it and you mentioned about sending me the 2 replacement battery but I haven't gotten it. This was 2 weeks ago.
is there any update?? I haven't heard back from you after sending you my address.

Thank you.
Danny Chee.
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
320 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2019, jugagien wrote:
Joao
I emailed you a few times but you haven't responded back. I'm not sure if it's my spam filter or what not.

My red wire in my battery came loose a week after I got it and you mentioned about sending me the 2 replacement battery but I haven't gotten it. This was 2 weeks ago.
is there any update?? I haven't heard back from you after sending you my address.

Thank you.
Danny Chee.

I sent you five emails and you always reply back telling me to awnser you.

Check your PM.
jugagien
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of jugagien
Glad you responded!
Sorry, but I'm starting to think it's my email.
Can you forward your emails to dchee87@gmail.com?

Sorry for the hassle.

Quote:
On Oct 7, 2019, Joao Miranda wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2019, jugagien wrote:
Joao

Thank you.
Danny Chee.

I sent you five emails and you always reply back telling me to awnser you.

Check your PM.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "The Watch" by Joao Miranda (85 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL