The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "The Watch" by Joao Miranda (93 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16
david12345
View Profile
Special user
714 Posts

Profile of david12345
Just got this and LOVE IT...I read all the recent pros and cons of the current watches on the market...a few years back I toyed with a Time Machine but hated so much about it...The one complaint I do share is the look and feel...so far I bought a new band which helps alot...I wonder if anyone has messed with engraving the case, taking watch to jeweler and enhancing the face somehow or even swapping insides completely to a similar sized real watch?
Firestorm60
View Profile
New user
U.K.
44 Posts

Profile of Firestorm60
I am lucky enough own a few watches.No money but a few watches.
They include The watch, T watch, timeless, lynx watch, Glitz watch and 4 other watches from days gone by.

I have found they all have there good and bad points points and all have different features attached and so can not be looked at one or the other.
It would be nice if one was slightly slimmer and the other a remote. But for me the customer support I have received from both the Turners and especially João has been second to none and that goes along way in my mind.
CMR
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of CMR
I agree that João's customer service is excellent!
knownmagician
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of knownmagician
Yes.. if you want to buy an electronic gimmick I suggest you to buy from Joao Miranda and you will be guaranteed.

His Customer Service is very very Excellent. He is very fast in responding email. I wonder, if he ever sleep. LOL.
Sideshow Rod
View Profile
New user
Portugal
52 Posts

Profile of Sideshow Rod
Personally I like the Watch, the only issue I have with it is the back is a pieced of plastic that just sits in place. It would be much better if it was fixed in place as it does come out very easily. As for working it, it is a joy. YES the keypad is pretty big but none notices you use it.
I have mine in my pocket while the focus is obviously on the watch. I really like the vibrations letting you know the hour is set and then again when the minutes are set. Knowing g the the hands have moved is also an awesome feature.
The only issue really is that it is super light, almost too light to be a decent watch! Although none ever thinks about it while it is in their hand.
I used few of Joao's effects and thy are all great.
Sideshow Rod
View Profile
New user
Portugal
52 Posts

Profile of Sideshow Rod
Oh I forgot to say the vibrations are quite heavy so you cannot use it in a quiet setting. Fine in bars and events but impossible at home or dinner parties where people are quiet or there is no music on. Any heat on you and the remote will give it all away if you are sat around a dining table!!
Good luck and enjoy.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
After having seen this watch in a YouTube comparison with the Infinity Watch V2, I am very disappointed by the design (looks very cheap) and also the workmanship (press cover that probably won't sit tight for very long) and also the chunky remote control. The price is in my opinion a good $100 too high and an expensive packaging is not necessary. The undisputed advantage is of course the fast time setting (if it works 100% reliable) but all in all the whole package is not convincing for this price. I am very excited about the "Infinity Watch V3" and its new features and of course the price, but I think that the V3 will do well.
david12345
View Profile
Special user
714 Posts

Profile of david12345
HELP!!!!! I have reached out to Customer Support at Joas's website, messaged him on FB, tried Instagram on a recommendation and tried joining one his FB group and have not been accepted yet after more than a week. Does anyone know how I may contact him. I LOST MY REMOTE
Thanks all.
UKNeil
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of UKNeil
Did anyone ever find a solution to the noise issue when performing in quiet locations? I'm desperate to add this to another routine but I always try to have things that can be performed in most environments -including quiet ones.
Chamber of Wallets
http://www.chamberofwallets.com
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
⭐️ The Watch 2.0 (pre-order - September 2021 delivery) ⭐️

https://www.joaomiranda.com/store/index.......t_id=109

NOW 40% QUIETER REMOTE, 50% MORE RANGE
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
The watch I had was way to noisy and thick. I just got SB and love it.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
It seems like magic companies like to release same kind of product at the same time.

Joao Miranda makes good products, but this new version is $200 more than Bluether's.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2021, MR Effecto wrote:
The watch I had was way to noisy and thick. I just got SB and love it.

I do not yet have the SB version but I agree that this watch , which I do have, is too thick. Not going to spend $450.00 on this. I would rather get the SB version.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2021, magicinsight wrote:
I do not yet have the SB version but I agree that this watch , which I do have, is too thick.
Not going to spend $450.00 on this. I would rather get the SB version - Michael

The thickness of the Miranda Watch was a barrier to purchase for me from the start, but I liked how it worked.
Not sure the Watch is long time relieable. The SB watch is a bit too plain designed for my taste and therefore
I tend more to Bluether V3 without extra smartphone and app.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2021, Magic Dust wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2021, magicinsight wrote:
I do not yet have the SB version but I agree that this watch , which I do have, is too thick.
Not going to spend $450.00 on this. I would rather get the SB version - Michael

The thickness of the Miranda Watch was a barrier to purchase for me from the start, but I liked how it worked.
Not sure the Watch is long time relieable. The SB watch is a bit too plain designed for my taste and therefore
I tend more to Bluether V3 without extra smartphone and app.

Magic Dust,

Thank you for your opinion. I purchased the Bluether V3. I wonder if Miranda will 0ffer the revised remote to those who previously purchased The Watch.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
Michael,

I should hope so.
Magonil
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Magonil
Very well made, great effect, but I have never really dared to do it in my show
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "The Watch" by Joao Miranda (93 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL