The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Flat Pack by Jason Knowles (87 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7382 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, jasonKnowles wrote:
Meant to say pre sale on 20th - typo sorry

Whatís with the pre-sale? Always suspicious of this. Why not sell on the day when the product becomes available?
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, jasonKnowles wrote:
Meant to say pre sale on 20th - typo sorry

Whatís with the pre-sale? Always suspicious of this. Why not sell on the day when the product becomes available?

Itís just a standard Murphys approach as far as I know. If I had to guess why they do that I would say itís because most magic dealers are small businesses with limited cash flow and donít want to gamble by ordering lots of stock in that they might not sell. By issuing a presale a week prior to release it gives them a chance to estimate the demand and get the right volume of stock in. But that is purely my speculation. I guess youíd have to ask the guys at Murphys for a definitive answer as to why they do it that way.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1558 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
How much misdirection is required to "vanish" the deck again at the end? You'd produce the deck, take the cards out, perform a trick or two, put the cards back in when you're done and then "vanish" the cards, right?
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, PatrickGregoire wrote:
How much misdirection is required to "vanish" the deck again at the end? You'd produce the deck, take the cards out, perform a trick or two, put the cards back in when you're done and then "vanish" the cards, right?

So the vanish at the end is probably more impactful for the spectators from my own personal experiences. To be honest the vanish is even easier than the appearance. I donít rely on any misdirection for this really. Probably the same amount as you would require for a top palm or a gamblers cop or that type of sleight where it happens in plain sight. The visual retention of the box and getting your wallet out to pack the box away covers everything. There are some videos on my instagram account which show this being performed directly to the camera both appearance from multiple angles and the vanish. You canít misdirect a camera so you can see everything that a spectator could possibly see.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdYTR9THn1Q/......muu7cibx
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2125 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
The vanish is beautiful but in the initial production are you using patter while you do that awkward side steal? The vanish makes since because of the wallet. Just donít know the motivation for turning ďto the spectatorsĒ. Iíve preordered. I thought it might be s nice production of a deck after performing vanishing deck with Level One.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3666 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
[quote]On May 7, 2019, jasonKnowles wrote:
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, magicinsight wrote:
Two concerns: what happens if the cards that are loaded into the box are not perfectly squared and the risk of the cards falling all over the floor from your hands whe nteh cards are secretly removed from the box. THe illusion looks great

Really good question. The cards are not loaded in the way you think. They are never loose and what you are describing is physically impossible so zero risk of this happening. I donít want to just come out and describe the method but if you watch the videos you can see both sides of the box when the cards are being taken out of the box and being put back in. Itís really no different than taking you cards in and out of your standard deck

Thank you for the response. I'm sold! Placed the (pre) order. Looks really great!
Michael
ďBelief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.Ē
óHakim, Loreweaver
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Quote:
On May 7, 2019, MagicBrent wrote:
The vanish is beautiful but in the initial production are you using patter while you do that awkward side steal? The vanish makes since because of the wallet. Just donít know the motivation for turning ďto the spectatorsĒ. Iíve preordered. I thought it might be s nice production of a deck after performing vanishing deck with Level One.

Iím not quite sure what you mean by awkward side steal? If you are referring to the method you see when Dave Loosley is performing the appearance in the trailer then that is just one method for the appearance. If you watch the the first initial appearance in the trailer itís completely different method and the wallet isnít actually used other than motivation to go to your pocket. You can use any larger you like but after 2 mins off using this youíll realise you donít need it. There are 2 amazing moments when you perform the appearance. The first is when you drop the box and it opens up. People react in disbelief. You can relax and just let people absorb that moment. Honestly at this point you could go walk back to your close up case open it up grab a deck and switch it in play because it really does create a huge off beat moment. But the mechanics of the next part are so smooth that by the time they have had chance to process that youíre are already opening the box and tipping the cards out. The first performance in the trailer is at the worst possible angle and everything happens right in front of the camera and judging by the comments Iíve seen in the thread so far no one has actually spotted what is happening here as most people think the wallet is being used to the load the cards. The truth is It is be not directly, itís only there as misdirection
aabc
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of aabc
This looks really amazing, but what are the angles on it? I assume they can't be that bad, given the different shots in the trailer?
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Quote:
On May 8, 2019, aabc wrote:
This looks really amazing, but what are the angles on it? I assume they can't be that bad, given the different shots in the trailer?

Honestly the angles arenít bad once you understand the mechanics itís more of a timing thing and making it look casual. I perform this surrounded without any concerns and have performed it surrounded by magicians as well without anyone seeing anything. As with most effects if someone is stood directly behind you looking downwards over your shoulder like a parrot there is a potential for them to see something but honestly they wonít really understand what they see and will still be miffed when you pull the cards out because if itís done right itís just too quick for them to see anything.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1350 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
***, my only concern is that it's made from cardbox.. And blue, I use reds xD
10S Star Sign Divination AVAILABLE WITH FREE EBOOK !
info@olivierboes.com
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Quote:
On May 8, 2019, Ceierry wrote:

So there are so many different decks of playing cards used by magicians now that really the choice is far greater than red or blue so no matter what we created we where never going to cater for everyone. The great thing here is this can be customised to any deck of cards in literally 5 mins. The gimmick it self is not actually made from a card box although there is card used as the base material. It has to be card to allow it to work efficiently. This gimmick has been through 3 years of developments and refinements testing more materials than you could possibly imagine. Itís reliable, well made and will last a reasonable amount of time. When you get your hands on the gimmick and you realise just how complicated the build is youíll see instantly how much thought has been put into this.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1350 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Quote:
On May 8, 2019, jasonKnowles wrote:
Quote:
On May 8, 2019, Ceierry wrote:

So there are so many different decks of playing cards used by magicians now that really the choice is far greater than red or blue so no matter what we created we where never going to cater for everyone. The great thing here is this can be customised to any deck of cards in literally 5 mins. The gimmick it self is not actually made from a card box although there is card used as the base material. It has to be card to allow it to work efficiently. This gimmick has been through 3 years of developments and refinements testing more materials than you could possibly imagine. Itís reliable, well made and will last a reasonable amount of time. When you get your hands on the gimmick and you realise just how complicated the build is youíll see instantly how much thought has been put into this.

Thanks Jason!
10S Star Sign Divination AVAILABLE WITH FREE EBOOK !
info@olivierboes.com
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Thank you to everyone who has asked questions so far. Iíll be doing a Q&A on Murphys live social streams on 29th so this have definitely been insightful
Fero
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of Fero
The product is not anymore on penguin website..... does anybody know why?
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
[quote]On May 8, 2019, Fero wrote:
The product is not anymore on penguin website..... does anybody know why? [/quote
]
Hey buddy, itís because it was never supposed to be visible yet. It doesnít actually go on pre-sale until 20th. Unfortunately due to some kind of system bug it made its way onto dealers websites a couple of days ago and so in essence it leaked. It will be back up and advertised properly from then. In the mean time theee are some vids of it on my instagram if you are keen to see it but the official trailer wonít be visible again until itís released
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1558 Posts

When performing walk-around, I would be worried about people at other tables or standing around noticing what's going on behind me. This is my only concern but it's a big one...
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Quote:
On May 9, 2019, PatrickGregoire wrote:
When performing walk-around, I would be worried about people at other tables or standing around noticing what's going on behind me. This is my only concern but it's a big one...

The only thing it should really look like from behind is you taking out your wallet from your pocket and putting it away. And thatís assuming you perform it in the way that I do. The truth here is that I would encourage people to figure out what works for them. Iíve shared this with close friends at magic conventions for years now and honestly what we teach on the release is only scratching the surface. With a little imagination this can be used for colour changing decks, multiplying decks and all kinds. For people looking to pick something up and perform straight away this will work. For magicians who really want to work on refining their craft and make something their own it should provide plenty more levels for them to play with and explore.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1558 Posts

But I assume you're copping the deck in and out, that's visible from behind and sides, no?
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Quote:
On May 9, 2019, PatrickGregoire wrote:
But I assume you're copping the deck in and out, that's visible from behind and sides, no?

Again it depends on how you want to perform it. From personal experience itís so quick itís invisible, you can see a view of it from the side here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdYTR9THn1Q/......02pqp70f

Unfortunately I donít have any videos from behind but I genuinely have never had any concerns
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1499 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
All the videos look amazing!! Can't wait~
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Flat Pack by Jason Knowles (87 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL