The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Flat Pack by Jason Knowles (87 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1846 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Flat pack is brilliant and Jason Knowles is a genius!
I have been playing with it for a long time and the effect is so visual and provides so much misdirection that people can burn your hands and still miss the "secret" ditch and steal every time.
This is a worker!!!!

"The Flat Pack appearance was pure eye candy, then Jason pulled the cards out of it and I could have punched him it was so good!!"
- Ben Williams

"This is the ultimate 'Packs Small, Plays Big' effect!"
- Eric Jones

"I've seen a lot of gimmicks out there. Some are ingenious but fragile. Others are sturdy but limited. Flat Pack is one of the few that has the best of both worlds: strong gimmick for strong effects."
- Jeremy Griffiths

"Flat Pack is the best opener I have seen in a long time... It visually kicks the back of your eyes and sends you packing! It's a casual yet a professional piece of magic and perfect for all situations... I can't wait to start using this."
- Chris Webb

"Flat Pack is my favorite opener for table-hopping and walk-around! It LITERALLY packs small and plays big, and it has that perfect 'haha that's cute... Wait? WTF just happened!?' moment (twice). It's as if Jason Knowles and Tony Stark had a cardboard-baby. The playing card box equivalent to the Iron Man suit!"
- Kim Anderson

"Flat Pack is an amazing surprise to open any card routine! Can't wait to play with it!!"
- Tobias Dostal

"Flat Pack is truly something I will want to use every day. Clever in the mechanics and the construction. Absolutely hard hitting!"
- Think Nguyen

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=61228

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Dylan Bryson
View Profile
New user
Space City
13 Posts

Profile of Dylan Bryson
Looks great! I will likely use this for an ID production.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
756 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On May 9, 2019, jasonKnowles wrote:
Quote:
On May 9, 2019, PatrickGregoire wrote:
But I assume you're copping the deck in and out, that's visible from behind and sides, no?


Again it depends on how you want to perform it. From personal experience itís so quick itís invisible, you can see a view of it from the side here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdYTR9THn1Q/......02pqp70f

Unfortunately I donít have any videos from behind but I genuinely have never had any concerns


A rarity - an honest video! Based thereon, I just ordered it.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4146 Posts

Profile of videoman
Been following this on FB & IG because it really peaked my interest.
Iíll probably be picking this up.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13878 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
This looks pretty cool. Kind of eye popping.

I watched the Instagram vid, and even though I saw the load, really, I didn't see the load. I am smoked as to how the cards are loaded that quickly and smoothly and invisibly.

Closest I've ever seen to this is multiple appearing card cases. (from flat wallet) which I still have in my possession, but I'm sure this works on a totally different principal.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
indomagic
View Profile
Special user
912 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I am really would like to see this performance in real time. I am not sure if the loading can be done smoothly in the real performance.
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Quote:
On May 20, 2019, indomagic wrote:
I am really would like to see this performance in real time. I am not sure if the loading can be done smoothly in the real performance.

The trailer show you the performance in real time. There is no clever editing here and you see the load in the trailer multiple times. Itís just that quick and that smooth that you canít spot it. You can see additional angles here https://www.instagram.com/p/BdYTR9THn1Q/?igshid=apeu69nq8r90
indomagic
View Profile
Special user
912 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Quote:
On May 20, 2019, jasonKnowles wrote:
Quote:
On May 20, 2019, indomagic wrote:
I am really would like to see this performance in real time. I am not sure if the loading can be done smoothly in the real performance.

The trailer show you the performance in real time. There is no clever editing here and you see the load in the trailer multiple times. Itís just that quick and that smooth that you canít spot it. You can see additional angles here https://www.instagram.com/p/BdYTR9THn1Q/?igshid=apeu69nq8r90
.

Thanks for your Instagram link. It's much more clear video on the real time performance.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2951 Posts

Profile of niva
I have been waiting for this since Blackpool. This is so crazy!
Yours,

Ivan
andrew124C41
View Profile
New user
Somewhere near Washington, DC
61 Posts

Profile of andrew124C41
Jason, I have never met you, but I have to say you really managed this crowd well. I can understand the skepticism because of all the times people are let down by slick videos only to receive a DIY poo partly made, gimmick that in reality, does not work.

I have a pretty good idea what you have created and I am going to purchase it.

Considering the time and energy you put in, I hope you patent it. Yes, I look at well crafted and thought out magic gimmicks as invention. Patent it you say!? Yes, I have actually spent time looking into this over at the US Patent Office in Alexandria, VA with examiners as well as on the phone. It may not protect against the Chinese but it will give you a way to get eBay to force them to remove a listing which infringes upon your patent.
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Quote:
On May 21, 2019, andrew124C41 wrote:
Jason, I have never met you, but I have to say you really managed this crowd well. I can understand the skepticism because of all the times people are let down by slick videos only to receive a DIY poo partly made, gimmick that in reality, does not work.

I have a pretty good idea what you have created and I am going to purchase it.

Considering the time and energy you put in, I hope you patent it. Yes, I look at well crafted and thought out magic gimmicks as invention. Patent it you say!? Yes, I have actually spent time looking into this over at the US Patent Office in Alexandria, VA with examiners as well as on the phone. It may not protect against the Chinese but it will give you a way to get eBay to force them to remove a listing which infringes upon your patent.


Thank you for the kind words and thank you for the advice Iíll definitely look into it. Hope the gimmick serves you well when you get your hands on it!
andrew124C41
View Profile
New user
Somewhere near Washington, DC
61 Posts

Profile of andrew124C41
Jason, I have never met you, but I have to say you really managed this crowd well. I can understand the skepticism because of all the times people are let down by slick videos only to receive a DIY poo partly made, gimmick that in reality, does not work.

I have a pretty good idea what you have created and I am going to purchase it.

Considering the time and energy you put in, I hope you patent it. Yes, I look at well crafted and thought out magic gimmicks as invention. Patent it you say!? Yes, I have actually spent time looking into this over at the US Patent Office in Alexandria, VA with examiners as well as on the phone. It may not protect against the Chinese but it will give you a way to get eBay to force them to remove a listing which infringes upon your patent.
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
838 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
I'm sold this is great...My kind of magic is not just the effects themselves but how you get there too.I can just imagine walking around with this..ask to show somone a card trick..reach into your back pocket and pull this out..Your reaction is you've sat on your cards crushed the box and all of the cards must have spilled out..then o well and make the transition..
Do the same when having one of the cards signed ...lost your sharpie too ..golf pencil in wallet doesn't really show up on cards so transform that too.(Maxwells opener)
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Quote:
On May 21, 2019, magic in mind wrote:
I'm sold this is great...My kind of magic is not just the effects themselves but how you get there too.I can just imagine walking around with this..ask to show somone a card trick..reach into your back pocket and pull this out..Your reaction is you've sat on your cards crushed the box and all of the cards must have spilled out..then o well and make the transition..
Do the same when having one of the cards signed ...lost your sharpie too ..golf pencil in wallet doesn't really show up on cards so transform that too.(Maxwells opener)


Love it!
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
What a beautiful deck production this is. Definitely has my interest. If there was a sci fi movie combined of magicians and secret agents, where David Blaine played the magician agent as Dave Bond. I picture him doing this. A Lot. This has plenty of praise for something that appears very special. And I for one, canít wait to get my hands on it. Itís a very interesting concept. From my perspective, it looks a lot like a folding Shell for a deck.
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1074 Posts

Profile of taller8
This looks great but I'm curious about how fussy is the loading of the cards since thatís what really elevates the trick beyond eye candy.

I don't like fussy moves where iím never sure if iíll get it down.
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Quote:
On May 21, 2019, taller8 wrote:
This looks great but I'm curious about how fussy is the loading of the cards since thatís what really elevates the trick beyond eye candy.

I don't like fussy moves where iím never sure if iíll get it down.


If you can bring your hands together you can do it! It really is that simple. There is no complicated sleight of hand here. Itís just purely timing.
Hustler2014
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of Hustler2014
Jason, I am stunned with that instagram link you posted!

That type of transparency is very, VERY rare nowadays. You have no interest in hoodwinking anyone into a purchase by concealing key bits of the routine, nor buttering it up with flashy graphics and ooohs and aaaahs. Just you, stood infront of a mirror, multiple angles, so we can all see clearly what we're about to purchase.

May I congratulate you on this, and may it hopefully be a benchmark that others will now follow in exactly how to release a product!

I have made my purchase today on your transparency alone.

Thank you.
jasonKnowles
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of jasonKnowles
Quote:
On May 22, 2019, Hustler2014 wrote:
Jason, I am stunned with that instagram link you posted!

That type of transparency is very, VERY rare nowadays. You have no interest in hoodwinking anyone into a purchase by concealing key bits of the routine, nor buttering it up with flashy graphics and ooohs and aaaahs. Just you, stood infront of a mirror, multiple angles, so we can all see clearly what we're about to purchase.

May I congratulate you on this, and may it hopefully be a benchmark that others will now follow in exactly how to release a product!

I have made my purchase today on your transparency alone.

Wow thank you for the kind words. It really means a lot to me. Putting this out into the community is really not about the money for me, itís about sharing something that I truly believe in and so I want people to get as much out this product as I have. Iím also hoping that in doing so, other magicians will show possibilities for this that I never even thought of.

Thank you.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2171 Posts

Profile of magicmind
So this appears to be a folding deck shell. Seems much more practical. Ill wait for reviews, but looks promising! Smile
Pay it forward
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Flat Pack by Jason Knowles (87 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL