The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Let YOUR Voice be heard about the VOICE! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
619 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Hey fellow FCMers:

I am looking through my back-catalouge of routines and routine ideas to plan out my coming year of routine submissions for the VOICE. I want to hear from the constituents: what kinds of routines are you looking for? It could be a specific kind of magic (ropes, silks, coins, mentalism, ect) or on specific topics (Love, Faith, Jonah and the Big Fish, Sin, etc).

What say you? I might have a routine that fits your suggestion.

Blessings,
Jamie
Jamie Doyle
International President - Fellowship of Christian Magicians
jamiedoylemagic.com
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I am always interested most (selfishly I guess) in what I am doing at the time. I am "off" for the summer with Lighthouse Kids, so not really worried about stage/large group Gospel messages again until September. But I am doing for the first time "Gospel street magic" this summer. So of course, now I am looking for very small, compact direct Gospel close up effects. I have found that much close up magic is card related- but probably 50% or more of who stops to watch me on the sidewalk are families with kids (and its the kids are the ones who want to see magic). I also learned that there are many kids today who really don't even know cards- would have a hard time telling you what a 9 of spades looks like, for example. Soooo, I'd sure like to see ideas in The Voice about solid close up Gospel instant reset magic that does not involve a deck of cards...
Tzadik68
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Tzadik68
I am always in need of ideas of how to teach Bible messages for children. We have about 15 children (7-15y) in our Sunday School. This autumn we teach about Bible "heroes of faith". My next topics will be on Jacob and Enoch(!!). The latter one (Enoch) will be a real challege! Anyone knows magic tricks teaching about rapture?!?
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
619 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2019, Tzadik68 wrote:
I am always in need of ideas of how to teach Bible messages for children. We have about 15 children (7-15y) in our Sunday School. This autumn we teach about Bible "heroes of faith". My next topics will be on Jacob and Enoch(!!). The latter one (Enoch) will be a real challege! Anyone knows magic tricks teaching about rapture?!?

I think it would be effective to keep it simple: An object (Enoch) is present and then vanishes --- it's found in another location (Heaven or with God).
Genesis 5:23-24 "Altogether, Enoch lived a total of 365 years. Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away."
Jamie Doyle
International President - Fellowship of Christian Magicians
jamiedoylemagic.com
Tzadik68
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Tzadik68
Yes, thanks Jamie, good (and simple) idea!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Let YOUR Voice be heard about the VOICE! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL