The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Voice Testing by Jan Forster (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of highmagic
Quote:
On May 9, 2019, Waterloophai wrote:
Quote:
On May 9, 2019, highmagic wrote:
Too many edits in the demo... Nowadays I don't buy books/videos unless I see a full uncut performance

I have to disappoint you. No remotes, mirrors, phones or hidden persons under the table have been left out. They are not there.

I can assure you that nothing was left out. For the simple reason that there is nothing suspicious to hide or to left out.
Clever and beautiful effect but way too cheap.
And something that is cheap CANNOT be good, right?

Yes, as I wrote above, I got the effect and confirm that nothing important was left out from the demo
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On May 9, 2019, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
Quote:
On May 9, 2019, highmagic wrote:
Too many edits in the demo... Nowadays I don't buy books/videos unless I see a full uncut performance

Understandable thinking, I tend to feel the same way, but I also factor in the reputation of the creator. I have Jan’s Penguin lecture and his recent lecture notes (I’ve painstakingly translated them from German even though I don’t speak a lick of German!). In addition, Jan’s contributions to the Magic Café are stellar. This was a no-brainer for me, downloaded it and love it. My only feedback is that I like it so much, would love it to be a multi phase routine. So that’s what I’m working on now!

Excellent job, Jan.

Thanks a lot! If you do not mind I would be very interested in with what you come up Smile ... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
This is a great presentational twist making the effect much stronger and more personal.

Considering Jan’s experience as a Mentalist, anything he puts out is worth studying.

Great work Jan!
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
I’ve given this a couple of days to let the opinions stack up. I’ve been a fan of Jan’s from a distance for a little while now. I’ve never seen him treat anyone with any disrespect when it comes to differences of opinions. Specifically talking about magic. So now that I’ve seen a couple pages of what I think has been a pretty positive set of good feed back. I’m going to commit to this and make the purchase. It’s oy 10$ and the worst that will happen is, I’ll learn something new and useful. After okaying around with the method for a bit, I’ll come back and give my opinion on it.
mimo67
View Profile
Veteran user
France
322 Posts

Profile of mimo67
I love it and find his variation on the Green Neck book really interesting. Easy and efficient. But I'm interested too in an eventually longer routine like Mr Mindbender is thinking about ;-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~MiMo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Yes, me too, although I believe that VT is a wonderful lead in routine for a longer sequence consisting of a set of e. g. 3 routines... probably all using business cards. You could follow up with a “Sneak Thief” style routine and m...k one of the cards on the fly. As you didn’t use any before, it sort of excludes this thought... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Dr Ross
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, UK
203 Posts

Profile of Dr Ross
I am a fan of the principle underlying this effect and so I had to check out Jan's take on it.

I really like it. A nice combination of ideas and subtleties, with a nice plot that justifies the workings of the method.

I have conjured up a nice three-phase routine (inspired by Jan's idea above) where VT is the opener. I can't wait to give it all a whirl.

Jan - if you're interested, I will gladly send over my idea to you Smile

- Ross
Ross Bartels

Author of:
'Vector' (propless code divination) https://www.mindfx.co.uk/products/vector-by-ross-bartels-e-book
'Janken' (propless RPS effects) - limited release
'Tacitus' (non-verbal propless effect) - limited release
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
I love it! Jan is a professional with an exquisite attitude. I really like his style and this effect is definitely a winner in my books!
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On May 11, 2019, Dr Ross wrote:
I am a fan of the principle underlying this effect and so I had to check out Jan's take on it.

I really like it. A nice combination of ideas and subtleties, with a nice plot that justifies the workings of the method.

I have conjured up a nice three-phase routine (inspired by Jan's idea above) where VT is the opener. I can't wait to give it all a whirl.

- Ross

Thanks, Ross! And yes, I am very interested! Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Dr Ross
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, UK
203 Posts

Profile of Dr Ross
Quote:
On May 11, 2019, JanForster wrote:

I have PM'd you Jan.

Hope you like it!!

And thanks again for the great effect and inspiration Smile

- Ross
Ross Bartels

Author of:
'Vector' (propless code divination) https://www.mindfx.co.uk/products/vector-by-ross-bartels-e-book
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Thanks a lot!! Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On May 11, 2019, JanForster wrote:
Quote:
On May 11, 2019, Dr Ross wrote:

- Ross

Me too!
Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Ross routining is very nice... a 3-phase-routine, leading in with VT. May be he would like to share it here without giving away his secrets; I believe that most of the readers will understand what he does if you know the effects/titles he follows with after performing VT... Nice thinking! Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Just performed this on Sunday with success. My style is more of psychology involvement than magician. And this played very strong. After learning the methods, I was confused by a couple of the reviews on penguin. It’s my personal opinion that those reviewers didn’t perform this. Because if they had, they would have realized that backtracking and reengineering the effect would be an extremely difficult task. Big props to Jan for this. It’s a fun routine and I’m a satisfied customer.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Thanks, Lonnie! To be honest, I was also a bit surprised by a few comments. As I responded and commented there, it is a thing you should try at least - it is very believable and almost impossible to backtrack if you follow my intended plot. Basically, until now I didn't find anybody when I was lecturing (first performing, then explaining it, often in front of people who know a lot..) who could explain it. Glad you like it and use it with success! Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Dr Ross
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, UK
203 Posts

Profile of Dr Ross
Quote:
On May 13, 2019, JanForster wrote:
Ross routining is very nice... a 3-phase-routine, leading in with VT. May be he would like to share it here without giving away his secrets; I believe that most of the readers will understand what he does if you know the effects/titles he follows with after performing VT... Nice thinking! Jan

Of course - happy to do so Jan. I am very chuffed that you like the idea!

This is how the three-phase routine would play out:

Phase 1:
Approach three participants sat at a table. Choose two participants to agree on and write down three random names (one name per business card). The third participant will be the one to read out the names. Then proceed with Voice Testing as taught by Jan.

Phase 2:
For the next experiment, state that you'll take it a step further by instructing the participants to say nothing out loud. Your goal will be to watch for their non-verbal tells, rather than listening to their voice. (Alternatively, you could state that you'll now be listening to their inner voice, making Phase 2 a mindreading effect).

Remove three more business cards. Hand one card to each participant so that they can each write down the name of a loved one. Collect the cards (face down) and hand them to one of the participants. This person will be the new protagonist. Instruct them to lay the cards out on the table and mix up the order (as in the original VT). The new protagonist will now read each card and memorise the order. Once memorised, ask them to sweep the cards aside. Then, instruct them to say each name in their mind only. You apparently attempt to observe (or mentally listen for) the moment they mentally say the name of their loved one. You reveal the location of the name, despite the participant not saying a word!

Phase 3:
You then pick up the pile of (face down) cards and give them a casual mix. You offer a final experiment. You turn over the top card and ask each participant to say the name that is written there. After apparently performing another voice-test (now using all participants), you return the top card back to the correct participant. You do the same thing with the second card, returning it to the correct participant. Finally, you remark that the final card obviously belongs to final remaining participant. You ask this person say the name in their mind. Then, by reading their non-verbal cues (or their mind - whichever approach you took in Phase 2), you reveal the name that the participant wrote down.

This brings the three phases to a nice conclusion. Phase 2 and 3 are layered, such that the necessary information for Phase 3 is gathered well ahead of time.

I hope you enjoy this idea.

- Ross
Ross Bartels

Author of:
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
981 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
I have always been a big fan of Jan Forster! Over the years he has become a friend and mentor I look to for help. I loved Voice Testing! Jan always brings a distinct energy to his effects and well thought out ideas. I enjoyed the process he shares in his lectures. Another great download from Jan!
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
mimo67
View Profile
Veteran user
France
322 Posts

Profile of mimo67
Many thanks for sharing your excellent ideas Dr Ross !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~MiMo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
vilewarner
View Profile
New user
Massachusetts
86 Posts

Profile of vilewarner
This is a great effect, explanation is excellent as well.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On May 15, 2019, vilewarner wrote:
This is a great effect, explanation is excellent as well.

Thanks a lot! But as I saw, some even think that the explanation is too "complicated"and "complex" Smile ... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Voice Testing by Jan Forster (26 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL