The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Free Business Card Peek PDF (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
scottvraneshfallin
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
58 Posts

Profile of scottvraneshfallin
Arthur was kind enough to let me have a look at his peek and I am extremely happy he did. As has been said above, this is a clean and well motivated peek that I will be practicing and putting to work.
tiptophat
View Profile
Loyal user
Wesley
240 Posts

Profile of tiptophat
Thank you very much for sharing. This is a very clean peek and the method and handling all make sense to the observer/spectator. No funny moves!
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
871 Posts

Profile of Marqus
When I got this from Arthur & only 'glanced' at it, I figured this isn't going to be used by me.
After reading through it, I think it is a very, very good peek & I am now excited to try it out.

THANKS! and good luck with your book!
STM70
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of STM70
I received the PDF a couple days ago from Arthur and have been having some fun with it. I agree with others. Thank you Arthur for the great PDF.
Paradise
View Profile
Elite user
sheffieldEngland
415 Posts

Profile of Paradise
Really nice simple peek.
TheGladsomeBeast
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of TheGladsomeBeast
Aobolutely love this, started practicing it last night on my wife and she had no idea when I was getting the peek. She was even watching for it. Absolutely love this. Also works with a deck of playing cards!
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1177 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Many thanks for the PDF.
The method used, never seen anywhere else.
I sat at my desk and did not have any business cards there by accident. So I quickly took 20 playing cards.
And ... it worked perfectly!
After playing around with the principle, I noticed that "what you have to do in preparation" should not necessarily be very hard.
That will of course depend on the structure and individual thickness of your business cards.
Very grateful to have received the PDF. This is something I will use!

From now on, give the users of this forum 24 hours to request the PDF and stop distributing it for free afterwards.
Put this in your book!

Congratulations to the creator!

P.S.: Perhaps one little remark (but that is really hair-splitting), in the first photo I did not immediately see whether the cards had to be "treated" in length or width. However, the following photos immediately resolved that.
RexDeash
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of RexDeash
It is indeed a very simple, clever and effective peek.

Nicely done, Arthur.
Arthur T
View Profile
Regular user
Wales,UK
132 Posts

Profile of Arthur T
Thank you all so much for the positive comments everyone. A few people have messaged me saying they now use this on a daily basis which is great to hear, it’s what’s its intended for.
If there is anyone new to the thread I will be keeping the offer open for 24 hours if anybody is on the fence. It will then be released for general sale with an updated design and video tutorial with a little bonus handling for anyone who’s missed out!
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
British Columbia
1406 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
This is great material. I've played with it and am now ready to go out and use it in public. I have been using a double undercut or the SUC business card wallet by mark Strivings. This is invaluable for impromptu performances. Definitely a winner.

Ray
EnterTRAINment at its best. Keeping the Magic Alive in Northern BC
TheGladsomeBeast
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of TheGladsomeBeast
Absolutely love this, glad I got in when I did, definitely adding this to my daily repertoire.
Frank Yuen
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Frank Yuen
Just received the pdf and I love it. Can see myself using this regularly but even if you have a favorite peek method, it's good to have this in your toolbox.

Thank you again!
Rik Gazelle
View Profile
Regular user
U.K.
118 Posts

Profile of Rik Gazelle
This is a an elegantly simple business card peek that I think would be a welcome addition to any performer's peaking arsenal. The PDF is clearly and concisely written with suitable photo illustrations. It feels like the kind of peak that you should already have read about elsewhere - but have not.

Thank you for your generosity in sharing this with the community.
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2266 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Quote:
On May 22, 2019, Rik Gazelle wrote:
...It feels like the kind of peak that you should already have read about elsewhere - but have not...

The closest thing that comes to mind is a Jose Prager effect from "The Man Who Knows How to Amuse and Mystify"

I won't give the name of the effect as that would be exposure. There are pluses and minuses to Prager's method as it relates to Arthur's method. There is just the commonality of how the peek is obtained, even if the cover is drastically different. I actually like both approaches and have used Prager's a few times (I keep the materials in my little business card pouch, which has business cards, folded index cards, and envelopes and is always in a jacket pocker).

I personally think the method by Arthur is a bit better, but there is an aspect of Prager's that I really like now that I am thinking about it.... hmmmm....

In any case, a very nice method, thanks for sharing.
CGould
View Profile
New user
Canada
64 Posts

Profile of CGould
PM sent in case this is still available.
paranormal
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of paranormal
I really like this it is easy to use no gimmicks and it works with the 3 by 5 billets that I usually use.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2187 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Within a few minutes of receiving the pdf Arthur kindly and generously sent I was able to try this out with business cards in hand and it works a treat. Very clever and I particularly like its simplicity plus you get such a good and full peek. Also, as paranormal says above, it is possible to use this with just a few business cards and it will again be very effective.

A great peek. Thanks a lot Arthur.

Neil
mroek
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of mroek
Arthur told me that this is no longer available (it will be up for sale instead), so those of you that received it can count yourself lucky. Smile
NeilS, I assume you received it earlier, and just posted about it now?
Mr Salk
View Profile
Elite user
Tied to
488 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
Quote:
On May 20, 2019, Arthur T wrote:
Thank you all so much for the positive comments everyone. A few people have messaged me saying they now use this on a daily basis which is great to hear, it’s what’s its intended for.
If there is anyone new to the thread I will be keeping the offer open for 24 hours if anybody is on the fence. It will then be released for general sale with an updated design and video tutorial with a little bonus handling for anyone who’s missed out!

I managed to miss the cutoff. Can you post the link to the general-sale for perusal?

TonyBrand
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago, IL
480 Posts

Profile of TonyBrand
Definitely agree with the positive comments regarding Arthur's peek. It's definitely one of those "Why didn't I think of that?" methods - very direct and easy to execute. All you need are your business cards and a pen.

I think this is a wonderful piece and wish Arthur the best with his release.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Free Business Card Peek PDF (48 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL