The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Free Business Card Peek PDF (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
I agree. This is a unuique and nicely choreographed peek. One small thing. I don't like having to turn pack face up.
Lakewood, Ohio
Arthur T
View Profile
Regular user
Wales,UK
151 Posts

Profile of Arthur T
Hey John, I get what you mean but with all peeking methods there will be a compromise, I've tried to remove as many as possible but as of yet I haven't solved this one perfectly but I have some alternatives.

A few tips I hope will help.

If you angle the pack enough when hidden out of site (behind the hand) you can infact see the image without turning it over, you just need to angle it roughly 90 degrees (Thats how I originally did it, your not technically turning them over plus the specs. cant see it)

The use of blank cards helps disguise the orientation of the pack, if you want to disguise it more you can flip them over casually whilst taking the pen back in the same hand.

I typically do my work with my blank cards, but I write the reveals on branded cards I have in my pocket if its important to hand them out.

If using branded cards you can turn the pack 'face to face' to help disguise the orientation and turn over.

I hope some of these suggestions help and you get to use it!
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On May 10, 2019, John C wrote:
Quote:
On May 10, 2019, dj wrote:
I have also received e-book.
Very nice and interesting method and so simple.
Very nice idea.

Thank you Arthur.

And now you have to publish your nice idea, make some money with it Smile.

Darko

No. Not everything is to make money. He did the right thing by giving it out.

Why not, why give everything away?
You do not have to give everything away.
At some point, the time comes when you have to make money with your own beautiful ideas.

Or, did you give away your ideas, your routines, or did you sell them?

Darko
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Thanks Arthur. That's helpful!
Lakewood, Ohio
mike hopley
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of mike hopley
This is a clean, well-motivated addition to the peek arsenal. Thank you for your generosity.
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Quote:
On May 9, 2019, highmagic wrote:
Got it, thanks to Arthur for releasing it.

It is a well-written 4-page PDF describing the "buckle" peek technique. The move is borrowed from card tricks, but laymen won't suspect card moves on a business card stack, especially in the context of a mentalism routine. I look forward to more releases along these lines from this author.

My suggestion would be to offer such PDF in the "Inner Thoughts" section instead of the public forum

Are you suggesting this should be in Inner Thoughts because up here attracts a certain class of moron with an over whelming need to show off their tiny knowledge of magic by openly exposing methods using "terminology in quotation marks" and maybe adding a pseudo history by sharing where moves are borrowed from?
Good job exposing this, I'm sure you're the hit of your local magic club and the ladies can't keep their hands off you when you describe all the techniques you've read about.

p.s. This is a lovely peek.
Arthur T
View Profile
Regular user
Wales,UK
151 Posts

Profile of Arthur T
I’ve never seen this move explained or used in card literature before and I’ve done my fair share of card tricks. I asked about and no one seems to know where it’s come from. If anyone has any ideas please pm me. I’d like to credit it properly if I can.

On another note, the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive for my little creation. I’m glad so many people see the potential in it. Thank you all for the kind response
Newsround
View Profile
New user
UK
82 Posts

Profile of Newsround
Nice peek and a very nice piece of work. Kind of you to share Arthur, thankyou
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
Quote:
On May 10, 2019, John C wrote:
Quote:
I have also received e-book.
Very nice and interesting method and so simple.
Very nice idea.

Thank you Arthur.

And now you have to publish your nice idea, make some money with it Smile.

Darko

No. Not everything is to make money. He did the right thing by giving it out.

Why not, why give everything away?
You do not have to give everything away.
At some point, the time comes when you have to make money with your own beautiful ideas.

Or, did you give away your ideas, your routines, or did you sell them?

Darko

I routinely give them away. I also trade for others ideas. I don't announce a giveaway because it's very time consuming responding to everyone and emailing to them. And also you'll end up like Sudo with everyone crying because the pm box is filled up.

So yes I do routinely send things to people Instead of telling them to PayPal me. Or, if it's just an idea, I write it in IT and that's that.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
This will be fun to try out .. Good thinking here and the choreography is the hard part .. Great job!!!! Thanks!!!! Smile Smile Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Arthur T shared this with me, and I agree with the consensus here. The move is quick, requires no folding of the billet, allows the billet to be cleanly placed in the middle of the stack of cards and is never removed. Uses an old principle in a new way.

Will I give up my current peek? Probably not. But this is something I can see myself using in certain situations. Even if you already have a favorite, this is something you will likely add to your toolbox. Great thinking and welcome to the Café.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Fabio P
View Profile
Special user
Rome - ITALY
554 Posts

Profile of Fabio P
The method is very clever and well conceived
Great stuff, Arthur and thanks a lot for your generosity

Fabio
SamNJ
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of SamNJ
Bravo. Very nice peek. I've tried it a few times with good results. Thanks for your generosity.
Mindipulator
View Profile
Regular user
Mexico
109 Posts

Profile of Mindipulator
Very useful, quick and easy. Well presented in a very complete PDF.
Many thanks for this. Will be in my toolbox.
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Lovely addition to the business card p**k toolkit. Thanks for sharing Arthur. You have found an interesting way to incorporate what is typically reserved when handling playing cards, into something we can now use to p**k information on a business card.
Franky
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Franky
Thank you very much Arthur for sharing and for your generosity.
Very nice and interesting method. I love it.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
First and foremost, I applaud your act of generosity Arthur. I enjoyed reading this very much, and while I don't know that it will replace any of the methods I'm using, I think it is an excellent peek with good economy of action and cover.

Keep up the good work and thank-you for sharing.
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1947 Posts

Profile of Claudio
Very simple and deceptive handling. I'll be adding this to my toolset.

Thanks a lot, Arthur.
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
I concur with all of the positive feedback. Thanks Arthur for sharing your simple, yet very practical, peek with us.

You seem like a great, knowledgeable, and humble man. We need more like you!

Lou
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Thank you for sharing this Arthur. Wonderful addition to my tool box. Very deceptive and practical.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Free Business Card Peek PDF (48 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL