The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Lance Burton Set List - Last Years in Vegas (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Illusion77
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
I never had the chance to see Lance Burton's most recent/last shows in Las Vegas before he retired several years ago. Does anyone remember the set list/show order of the last couple of years of shows that he did?

Thanks!
top_illusionist
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of top_illusionist
I saw his show a few months before his retirement at the Monte Carlo, but I don't remember the complete line-up. He opened his show with an illusion where he appears on top of a platform were a vertical door panel is rotating and the image of him is printed on the front. As soon as the panel stops moving, it gradually goes up to reveal Lance. He steps down from the platform and starts his dove and card manipulation act. His erotic levitation was still in the show. I saw his assistant vanish from inside a phone booth where she does a sultry strip tease. He had a straight jacket escape. Let me see .. oh yes his assistant vanishes from a cape at the front of the stage. He also performed an unusual brinks security type truck appearance with gold materializing inside a previously empty vault. His disembodied illusion was somewhere in there.. I had a lot of fun that night and the audience gave him standing ovation. Sure wish I could recall some other stuff.
Illusion77
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
Thanks for sharing your memories, they are great to hear. I'd love to hear from others also, I know that illusions were rotated into and out of the show at times.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3602 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
He also did the Corvette vanish (drove it into a big box), the Floating Ball, and "A night at the Ball" with the sword dual.
flinn2
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of flinn2
I caught his show before it finished and the only noticeable change was that he cut his "Magic Zone" telephone box portion of the show. Wish I could have seen it or lance could post a video of it. He put a lot of B roll of his show at the end of Billy Topit.
Illusion77
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
What was the "Magic Zone" routine? That's a piece that I never had the chance to see.
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Saw Lance's show just before it closed.

There was Osmosis, the gramophone, the chandelier re-appearance (can't remember how he vanished, but it may have been connected to Osmosis), the opening sequence as mentioned above (picture in a frame and appearance followed by classic FISM dove/manipulation act).

It's been some time, so that's all that stuck in mind - sorry!
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
dirtyrussian
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of dirtyrussian
If a DVD of that show, in it's entirety, wasn't made that's really a *** shame. I know it's not what your looking for but the original routine that made him famous is on You Tube. I saw it at a Tannen's Jubilee as a kid when Lance was still an "up and comer".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Lance Burton Set List - Last Years in Vegas (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL