The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Plots, Ploys, and Other Cons a Book by Brent Braun (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

braunmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of braunmagic
Iím not sure if this is allowed but if not let me know and Iíll have one of my friends post about it like everyone else does. 😂😂

https://themagicfirm.bigcartel.com/produ......her-cons

My long awaited book, Plots, Ploys and Other Cons, is finally available for preorder and is guaranteed to ship before May 31st. It is being released to help fund J&B Magic Shop and Theater.

A limited number have been printed, each one is individually numbered and for now it will only be available directly from me. This will insure that I can invest all of the proceeds into continuing to chase my dream of building a brick and mortar magic shop, theater, and Magic Firm training facility.

This also means that I need help getting the word out. Anything you can do to help spread the word would be amazing.

Thanks
Brent Braun
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2113 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Full disclosure - Brent is a friend of mine and I assisted with some proofreading on the book, so I have read it but I didnít buy it. That said, Iíd still love this book either way and was a fan of Brentís thinking & material before I met him. Here is my full testimonial:

If you know who Brent Braun is and you know how he thinks about magic, you donít need me to tell you to get his book.

If you donít know who Brent Braun is, youíve just found a guy who will make your magic better. Brent gets it. He knows what makes magic impactful, deceptive, and memorable. He shares that knowledge, wisdom, and excitement freely.

Sure, this book contains methods and routines. More importantly, Brent is sharing his philosophies on how to really do MAGIC. Some of the bits are fun and silly. Others will empower you to not just create memories, but to create moments that will become the stuff of legend.

This is one of the few magic books that youíll read cover-to-cover, and then re-read, and then continue to think about months down the road.

If any release this year deserves a spot on your top shelf, itís this one.
Kevin Reylek
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3666 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I just ordered. Looking forward to reading your book.
Michael
ďBelief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.Ē
óHakim, Loreweaver
John Gerard
View Profile
Loyal user
Guam
223 Posts

Profile of John Gerard
I also ordered. Looking forward to reading the book. The shopping experience was great.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4146 Posts

Profile of videoman
Brent is one of my favorite performers and creators so I would hit buy on his book without knowing a thing about it. Itís a no brainer for me.

But even if I wasnít aware of his creative genius I would now buy it just to help support his dream to raise the level of magic seen by the public by helping to produce more and better magicians.

C'mon, buy Brent's book. Even having never seen it I can practically guarantee you will get something out of it and it will be worth the cost to you, and at the same time you will be helping to elevate magic and insure itís future as an art form. Brent is one of the good guys in our industry, not just taking but always wanting to give back.
no2ss
View Profile
Loyal user
California
205 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Yup. Ordered. Looking forward to it. There have been so many great books that have come out this year, my shelf of unread books is getting crowded. Can people stop publishing books for a couple months so I can catch up...
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of Waters.
Ordered. Ever since his DVD release years ago I have been a fan of Brentís work. I am happy to support his endeavor and to see what thoughts he has in store for us. Thanks Brent.
Follow the link...
www.experience-architecture.com
no2ss
View Profile
Loyal user
California
205 Posts

Profile of no2ss
This just showed up in the mail (nice and quick!). I've got copy #50. Flipping through and read Brent's version of the 21 Card Trick, the "That S**t Is Heavy" trick (almost more of a gag) and the "Key Card for Kids" (which is exactly what it says it is). I'll eventually get to the rest of it (have other books to finish first), but as expected, lots of good, clever thinking in here. Though, frankly, the "T.S.I.H." might be a bit... uh... mean if you actually performed it on a cashier. Clever. But kinda mean. Still, very happy with this book, and will likely play with the 21 Card Trick because it'll perplex basically anyone who thinks they know it already (and I already have the... uh... necessary knowledge to make it work).
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2817 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
My copy will arrive tomorrow!!
salomagic
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of salomagic
I donít think I have ever written a full review of a product before, but if any deserves one, this is it. I would recommend just clicking this link and buying it right now, but if you want to read the review first, thatís fine too.

https://themagicfirm.bigcartel.com/produ......her-cons

Brent Braunís ďPlots, Ploys, & Other ConsĒ is a magic book, but in reality, it is a lot more that. It is a book full of ideas, pranks, and knowledge that will make even the greatest magician better. Most importantly, the book is full of memories; memories you can share with people and that they can share with others; memories that will have people talking about you for the rest of their lives.

While a lot of magic books are dry and focused on method, this book flows like water. It is easy and fun to read, focuses on making sure you and your audience get the most out of each trick rather than method itself, and will have you rolling on the floor laughing at some points.

Overall, this book will teach you how to be the most interesting man in the room, it will induct you into the elite and exclusive Countdown Club, and will teach you what Brent calls his best creation, Cold Coin.

So, what are you still doing reading this? Go buy it. And if you already did, go buy another. The money will also go to help establish the J&B magic theater, so itís a win-win.
BrandonWilliams
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of BrandonWilliams
Anybody else having problems purchasing with PayPal? Brentís website keeps giving me an error message.
braunmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of braunmagic
Brandon,
I just went through the checkout process 3-4 times and didnít have any problems. You can PayPal me the $40 plus $6 for domestic shipping to brentbraunmagic@gmail.com
Sorry for the trouble. If anyone else is experiencing this please let me know so I can contact my website company.

Brent Braun
Morganjj
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Morganjj
Arrived in Australia very quickly. If you like a bit of Paul Harris astonishment and a bit of Jerx you'll like this, I reckon. There's a good combination of performance bits, personal bits, fresh stuff and tweaks to existing material or ways to use other gimmicks or props.

I won't use Yellow Six (I hang with a boardgame fanatic crowd, and they're too good for Uno), but I've got my own spin on it that's worth the price of admission.
braunmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of braunmagic
If you have had a chance to read Plots, Plots and Other Cons you know I teach a way to sell a .40 cent ink pen to a stranger for $5-$10.

Well I just received this amazing message from my friend Jafo.

About selling ink pens - if you're in a bar, strike up a conversation with a guy and make him a bar bet.

"See that group over there? I bet I can sell this ink pen for at least five dollars or more to somebody in that group."

Then proceed to do so. You'll double your yield.

Using this technique you could make a fortune from this single idea alone. Thanks for sharing the idea Jafo.
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
refuses to read more than
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
My order is in!
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
353 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Just finished reading through this book and enjoyed it a lot. Lots of out of the box thinking to amuse and inspire alike. Cold Coin is on my "must do as soon as possible" list now Smile Recommended!
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
- Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'

www.timonkrause.com
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
refuses to read more than
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2019, TimonK wrote:
Just finished reading through this book and enjoyed it a lot. Lots of out of the box thinking to amuse and inspire alike. Cold Coin is on my "must do as soon as possible" list now Smile Recommended!

Will you use the solution suggested in the last chapter? Smile
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2172 Posts

Profile of magicmind
I bought this a few weeks ago. Sat down this past weekend with a cup of coffee and read it cover to cover. An excellent book of effects and thinking. A fun read that needs a volume 2!
Pay it forward
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1306 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Picked this up from Brentís new magic shop (which is a must visit if youíre ever in the New Albany. GREAT magic and such a cool theatre for performances.)

I read the entire book in one sitting in about 30 minutes. If you like the Jerx style of magic, I think youíll really enjoy this book. Brent is focused on making memories for people rather than necessarily performing the most incredible piece of magic. Some of the stuff in the book is just a prank. Some of it is incredibly strong magic. Some is a bonding experience for a group of friends. All of it is worth the read.

My favorites were Brentís version of the 21 card trick. (Iíve come up with a variation on it which can be done totally impromptu FASDIU)
And Brentís confabulation which I will be using. It will replace my current method for confabulation. Itís genius.

Thanks for such a fun read, Brent!

Madison
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Plots, Ploys, and Other Cons a Book by Brent Braun (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL