The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Ambitious Card Question (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
I think having the card reach it's "ultimate destination" one could have the card end up on the ceiling. I've done this a few times and have gotten great reactions.

Just my thoughts!

Stever
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
jason0389
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of jason0389
Quote:
On 2004-05-19 16:13, twistedace wrote:
To answer the original question...card to mouth - not folded card in mouth. The version where the signed card is seen fairly put into the deck and then suddenly is seen hanging from your mouth.

I would have to agree. This always gets a good laugh from the audience, especially if it takes them a while to realize their card is hanging from your mouth.
prospero
View Profile
Special user
Elsewhere
572 Posts

Profile of prospero
I use card to wallet, at least formally.
chrisrkline
View Profile
Special user
Little Rock
965 Posts

Profile of chrisrkline
Quote:
On 2004-05-24 17:41, Steve Landavazo wrote:
I think having the card reach it's "ultimate destination" one could have the card end up on the ceiling. I've done this a few times and have gotten great reactions.

Just my thoughts!

Stever

Michael Ammar talks about this and finally decided against finishing the ACR with a card to ceiling because it diminished the Card to Ceiling. His reasoning was that in the card to ceiling the card has to be lost in the middle. That illicits the, "how did it get from the middle of the deck to the ceiling?" But in the ACR the spectators, by the end, know that the card just popped up to the top. So no big deal on why the card stuck to the ceiling, other than the "how" of how it stuck.
Chris
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
I really like the Bill Malone version where the whole deck dissapears except the selected card, but now that I've read this, I've gotten some new ideas. Thanks
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Finish off with the Card 2 Toilet Smile
KARDMECHANIC
View Profile
Regular user
Perris, California
105 Posts

Profile of KARDMECHANIC
Another vote for the Pop-up card. Great reactions.
What do you mean it came from the bottom of the deck?
Ryan 101
View Profile
Regular user
Hawaii
164 Posts

Profile of Ryan 101
Card to mouth would be the best.

Ryan
CamelotFX
View Profile
Special user
Minnesota
596 Posts

Profile of CamelotFX
For escapologists, "Card to Sub Trunk" would be the topper!
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
From your list, I think Daryl's Ultimate Ambition is the strongest and in best keeping with the plot of the effect. Pop-Up Card is another one to consider. Personally, I used to finish my Ambitious Card routine by having the signed card end up folded in a small, brown, staple-sealed paper bag. It got very strong reactions. In case ya didn't know, it's Super Sack from AoA vol. 2.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
End an ACR with the simplest moves like
the

-Snap Change
-Braue Pop-Up move
-Shape Shifter
-Long Distance Spinner
-Any Color Change
-or a face-up rise doing a riffle pass
budionodarmawan
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of budionodarmawan
Do you know the inventor of ACR and why it called ACR?

Then if you ask what is the best ending for ACR, you should try to answer that question first. What is the sense of ACR?

I really do not agree with card to impossible location. It is very confusing for the audience.

I always create my routine based on this simple question: "If the spectator have to tell the whole routine to their friend, what should they say?"

Then I create the routine.

Budiono
Steinbock
View Profile
New user
Maine
76 Posts

Profile of Steinbock
Nobody mentioned Jay Sankey's "Airtight." It's pretty dramatic to have the entire deck zapped inside a balloon, and then pull the Ambitious Card out without popping it. Sankey's "Paperclipped" is another nice Ambitious Finale.

The bottom line, though, I go along with Budiono, Pebkak, and the rest of you who have said ACR stands well on its own without any fancy finales.

Ultimate Ambition doesn't float my boat. It's too gimmicky. And Card to Mouth is too unhygienic. (I mean, yeah, that's one way to end a trick. Get your saliva all over the card and try to hand it back to the spec.)

All that being said, I'd love to see Dorian's Forklift ending. (snicker snicker)

Pick a card,

Steve
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Airtight, while cheap, I feel is another sankey product worth the money. however, that's only 2 that I count that are worth buying Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10607 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
There can never be an ending to AC, only different ways the card comes back to the top..
Full circle..............This is what makes the effect so powerfull magicians are trying their best top create different ways to bring the card back to the top of the pack.
One could find the card at the bottom of the ocean in Titanc's safe this would not en the effect ....

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Yiannis
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago USA
352 Posts

Profile of Yiannis
The Titanic safe Smile LOL!

That would made a bloody marvelous closer.

Everyone interested for an ambitious card routine with focus and strong conviction, should read Darwin Ortiz's book Scams&Fantasies. It's one of the most well constructed routines, along with Wesley James in his book Enchantments.

They both stress the fact that most ambitious card routines lack in some perspective. That is the presentational factor. I think you'll find their thoughts very interesting and their routines extraordinary.
Magic Marty
View Profile
New user
Illinois
80 Posts

Profile of Magic Marty
My vote is for Bill Malone's 'I Don't Even Have a Pocket'. It's a funny take on the card to pocket idea.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26941 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Wonderful post about 'how would someone tell the story to a friend'. Bravo!

I hope we get more of this kind of thinking around here.

Wouldn't a really ambitious card keep appearing in your WALLET where it tries to mingle with your credit cards?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
In my opinion, it doesn't get any better than Card to Wallet.

Shane Wiker
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26941 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Card to wallet (zipper, envelope etc) is its own effect and very strong.

I was suggesting something ELSE above.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Ambitious Card Question (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL