The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Good news. Kaufman will reprint Expert Coin Magic!!! (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5282 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2020, hbash2020 wrote:

Has it been reprinted and if so, can you provide a link?

Thanks.

Has not been reprinted yet
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
bassinator
View Profile
New user
Louisiana
86 Posts

Profile of bassinator
I actually asked Mr. Kaufman about the reprint in a PM and he responded back that he still hopes to do it this year. Just patiently waiting...
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5282 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2020, bassinator wrote:
I actually asked Mr. Kaufman about the reprint in a PM and he responded back that he still hopes to do it this year. Just patiently waiting...

He is also supposed to release the Jennings book this year I believe. I know I am saving my pennies (and dollars) for both of these.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
bassinator
View Profile
New user
Louisiana
86 Posts

Profile of bassinator
Anyone hear anything new on this reprint?
Daniel A. Day II
View Profile
New user
Apache Junction, AZ
30 Posts

Profile of Daniel A. Day II
Is the reprint still going to happen?

Thanks,
Daniel
BryceP
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of BryceP
I hope this turns out to be true!! I had a copy that I let go 10+ years ago that I sorely regret selling. This book would be an instant for me if it ever came back into print!
bassinator
View Profile
New user
Louisiana
86 Posts

Profile of bassinator
Kaufman replied to a PM I sent him saying he was going to reprint it last year. No telling when he'll get to it I guess.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4441 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
He just put out a huge Larry Jennings book, and is working on a modernized reprint of a classic book ( I think it is Greater Magic but not sure). I am sure he will get to it once the other projects are done.
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC SPECIAL:
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Jack Skipton
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of Jack Skipton
It is exciting news! This book and his other book Coin Magic are two books I would love to own.
MikeBeaudet
View Profile
Loyal user
Becancour
226 Posts

Profile of MikeBeaudet
Is the book has finally been reprinted?
Do your best and forget the rest
Orlan
View Profile
Loyal user
Washington
227 Posts

Profile of Orlan
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2022, MikeBeaudet wrote:
Is the book has finally been reprinted?

Not out yet!
I'm also keeping my eye out for it, but Kaufman just released Bob Farmer's Bammo Flim-Flam Conglomeration, so if the book is on the calendar for this year, he might be spacing them out. I would expect a big announcement when getting close to release date, but you should be able to also check https://kaufmanandcompany.com every once in a while just in case.

I know he's taking some time to work on Greater Magic, like mentioned above, but hopefully the bulk of the work was already done.
MysteroMagic
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of MysteroMagic
One can hope that Expert Coin Magic will be published in 2022. I’m sure Mr. Kaufman has a lot on his plate.
Agaton
View Profile
Loyal user
Manila
299 Posts

Profile of Agaton
Man, I've been tracking this thread for a while now. Hope it get released this year!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9193 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yes, love Kaufman’s work. He has really brought a tremendous spotlight and shine as to coin magic. He has been a real credit to the art. 😊
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Nev Blenk
View Profile
Regular user
Northumberland UK
113 Posts

Profile of Nev Blenk
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2022, Mb217 wrote:
Yes, love Kaufman’s work. He has really brought a tremendous spotlight and shine as to coin magic. He has been a real credit to the art. 😊

Kaufman's Coin Magic is a book I keep going back to even if its just to read and enjoy some of the thinking in there. As for Roth's book, the coin box section is the reason I went in this direction. Incredibly important to me.
CoinBoy101
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of CoinBoy101
Both Expert Coin Magic and CoinMagic are absolute musts to own. It is worth checking eBay for copies. They frequently appear for sale, though often at a premium price.

In my opinion, it's worth paying over the odds. These books will repay the investment many times. I have returned to them over and over again. Kaufman has contributed a huge amount to generations of coin workers
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4441 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Coinmagic was the first comprehensive book on coin magic since Bobo, showing state of the art coin magic of the time. Heavily influenced by the magic of David Roth, it oened up coin magic to a new generation of coin enthusiasts. Roth's Expert Coin Magic was a compliation of Roth's creations, further expanding on the work he first presented in Coinmagic (and at his lectures), and offering many new plots and moves. Both books moved the bar forward.
As an interesting note, some of the endings of Roth's classic showpieces were changed for the pubblication, as Roth did not want to give up his still secret method for how he was able to finish those routines (although the method published worked just fine and no one ever noticed the difference). Roth's last mystery, taken to his grave, that has fooled everyone! A few people know,however. Maybe one day it will be revealed....
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC SPECIAL:
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Nev Blenk
View Profile
Regular user
Northumberland UK
113 Posts

Profile of Nev Blenk
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2022, Michael Rubinstein wrote:
Coinmagic was the first comprehensive book on coin magic since Bobo, showing state of the art coin magic of the time. Heavily influenced by the magic of David Roth, it oened up coin magic to a new generation of coin enthusiasts. Roth's Expert Coin Magic was a compliation of Roth's creations, further expanding on the work he first presented in Coinmagic (and at his lectures), and offering many new plots and moves. Both books moved the bar forward.
As an interesting note, some of the endings of Roth's classic showpieces were changed for the pubblication, as Roth did not want to give up his still secret method for how he was able to finish those routines (although the method published worked just fine and no one ever noticed the difference). Roth's last mystery, taken to his grave, that has fooled everyone! A few people know,however. Maybe one day it will be revealed....

I hope his notebooks are eventually published. I keep checking Conjuring Arts website.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8745 Posts

Profile of harris
My foundation of coin work is based on pamphlets and books.
I believe this book joined my library in the early 80's.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
CoinBoy101
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of CoinBoy101
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2022, Michael Rubinstein wrote:

You are a tease, Dr Rubinstein!

I hope David Roth's notebooks and his final secrets will not be lost. They deserve to be preserved and accessible to future generations of magicians
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Good news. Kaufman will reprint Expert Coin Magic!!! (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL